Sunday, March 1, 2020

Finally! It started to get a little warmer…

Monday was a really great day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then find me and got me dressed and up in my chair. I'm so glad that we did my personal care and bath yesterday so I can get up early today and get out of here. Nick from Bay Area gate and fencing came by to give me some more options to get my electric gate open, we decided on push pads which was what I asked him for to begin with. I took Robby for a cruise around the ballpark a couple times, she was in a really good mood today. I came back home and got Dude and went up the hill to Mission Street to go to urgent care, I'm pretty sure I have a bad bladder infection. When I got there the lady told me there was going to be a two-hour wait because they were really busy but I think I only saw about six people in the big huge waiting room. One of the ladies took me in the first room to get all of my vitals and find out why I was there today. While I was talking to her another lady came in and said "hi, I was here the last time you were here and I just wanted to come and see if you're okay" I thought that was really sweet that she remembered me, I'm sure Dude was the one that she remembered… Everybody remembers dude because he's got such a big personality and is just adorable. I went back out in the waiting room and it was about two hours, I started panicking thinking that it's already 1:00 PM and I have to have Robby to the vet by 2 PM… Luckily I checked my calendar and Robby's appointment is tomorrow so I just laid back and relax until they called me again. This time it didn't take very long, the doctor practitioner came in and said: "yes you do have an infection and I sent you a prescription up to Safeway". I cruised up to Safeway and they said it wasn't ready and it probably won't be for a couple of hours so I decided to just go home and I'll pick it up tomorrow. Dude and I cruised over to the wharf and as we were cruising on the way back I saw Vince riding his awesome bike! I stopped and talked to him for a while, I just love listening to his stories and talking to him… He is so funny and extremely cool! We cruised over to the boardwalk, I forgot I was a holiday and the place was packed. I still think it's good practice to cruise Dude up and down the boardwalk, so he gets used to big crowds like that and leaving them alone, he's so smart. I even cruised slowly by a bunch of French fries that somebody dropped and I watched him getting ready to correct him but he saw the French fries, quickly looked the other way and then looked up at me and I told him what a good boy he was. We cruised back through the boardwalk and then home. We rested for a bit and then Rosa came in to put me to bed after she fed the hungry crew. I must've been really exhausted or it's the UTI because I fell asleep a couple times before dinner, after dinner I took a couple of Advil PMs and I was gone. Even though it was a three-hour wait I'm glad I went to urgent care, I'll pick up my antibiotics tomorrow.





































Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the starving boys and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair, I took Dude for a little cruise while Cindy straightened up and then we took off for my appointment with Jennifer. I'm starting a series of toning on my face, I saw one of her clients that have been doing the toning for about 40 years and she looked amazing, she was 78 and I would guess that she was younger than me… I decided I needed some of that! You hardly notice your face toning but at least it won't get any worse. We went to Safeway and grab my prescription of antibiotics and then cruised over to pick up Robby from the Woofpack den, came back home and then cruise the dogs down to Westside Animal Hospital for Robby's appointment. Robby was looking and feeling much better but we found a few more skin tags, I guess as they get older they get a lot of skin tags and cysts. We came back home and Cindy took off to get her mom and I leaned back in my chair and took a nap, I've been taking a lot of naps lately. Cindy brought Rosa back and after she fed the hungry boys she put me to bed and fed me, while she was in the kitchen getting my food ready I kept falling asleep. I ate dinner and then I was out.










Wednesday was a really long but awesome day. Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing massage, for some reason lately I have been sleeping through my massage but I heard my neck crack really loud. Karen came in and she gave me a nice hot bath and then we did some personal care. Kent with Bailey's grooming service came by to give the boys their biweekly bath/grooming. I could really tell that I was going to be very sore after the bath and while I was trying to pull my head up in the commode chair. I took another nice long hot bath and then she got me dressed and up in my chair. Robby and I didn't get to go for a cruise because I was running late. Dude and I took off downtown to the farmers market to meet Jan enter new successor service dog Teak, take is so gorgeous! We caught up for a little bit and then she had to go so I took off over to Abbott Square to meet Adriana, Rosa and Cindy were coming to meet us later. A gentleman that I got to know over the years and his band, Cruz Control, was going to play the Museum of Art and History. It was a Santa Cruz tech meet up. Meetup is a platform for finding and building local communities. People use Meetup to meet new people, learn new things, find support, get out of their comfort zones, and pursue their passions, together. I have heard about it for a while now and I always wondered what it was like, I just went there to hear the band and I had to leave after they played because Rosa still had to put me to bed and she's gotta get up and be to work at 6 AM in the morning. I was kind of annoyed and I felt bad because the room was crowded and everybody was talking so much you couldn't even hear the band, they put us way in the back of the room and I tried raising my chair up but there were too many people in the way and they were too loud so I couldn't really hear the band. I felt really bad for them but I talked to my friend after and he said that it was always like that, they were just kind of background noise. Vince said they would be at the farmers market on 1 March so I'll be able to really go and listen to them. I've always wanted to go see him but they usually play really late and I'm not one for staying up too late anymore. Adriana got me a piece of pizza, she said it was for the band and the volunteers… She said she was a volunteer and they just gave her one. It was a really good piece of pizza! Everybody got a name tag including Dude. We left when the band did accept out of opposite doors so I didn't get to say goodbye to Vince. We decided to go to El Palomar taco bar and have some tacos before we went home, I had El Pastore and it was delicious. Rose's son Josh met us at the taco bar, he is a sophomore and you just got a letter from my head coach from some college so we have an appointment to go there this summer… Everyone was so excited! I turned my headlights on and cruised home with Dude and they drove to my house to drop off Rosa. My neck was so sore I could barely hold it up anymore so I took a couple of PMs and as soon as Rosa put me to bed I was out, I didn't even hear her leave.






















 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pups and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair. I took Robby for a nice little cruise around Depot Park a couple times and then home, he seems to be really happy these days. Dude and I took off downtown for our appointment at Abbott Square. It went by really fast and then we headed farther to my appointment down Soquel Avenue for my appointment with Jessica to get my hair did. My appointment was out earlier than usual so Dude and I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back a couple times, I love relaxing there and just watching the water and the people.





















 Friday was another good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed in up in my chair just in time to talk to Joy for a while. Where trying to look for a safe place where we can have the CCI puppy play dates, they prefer us not happy dogs go to a public dog park. I figured you would have a lot of ideas and I messaged just a bunch of other people from my message list so I hope I get at least a couple good ideas. Sara came in at 3 PM and drove me over to my appointment with Jennifer at 4 PM, after that we just came home and she fed the dogs. She put me to bed and then I was out.

Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby for his puppy play date and we took off with Dude to run some errands. We did some shopping and got the van washed, it was really really bad. We came back and I took dude out for a little cruise over to the wharf and back. Sara came in and fed the hungry boys, put me to bed and then fed me. I'm really enjoying eating right now because next month I'm going to fast for two weeks before my colonoscopy if you fasted supposed to make it easier. I've been putting off upgrading my operating system on my Mac because it seems like whenever I do that anymore I lose the use of stuff, this time it was my iphotos and my iWeb so I can't edit my homepage… I've had this homepage for over 20 years and I'm really sad to hear that I won't be able to edit it. Register.com hosts my webpage so I went on their website to see if I can figure out something else. I messaged my brother Dave and he said that register.com also allows you to make your own webpage or they will build one for you, I enjoy doing it so I want to do it myself. He's going to come to visit in the near future and is going to help me transfer everything over so I can edit my homepage. I watched TV and then fell asleep.



Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me, both Karen and Sara took the day off so Cindy made me a plate for dinner. I watched TV and tried to learn a new way to add pictures to my blog, iPhoto no longer works and that's how I usually add the photos. I listen to some music and then my mom came down to feed the boys and feed me. I watched more TV until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Great pictures, Tammie! I hope you are feeling better now from your bladder infection! We are getting a new corgi puppy in about a week or so. Hubby retired from his job so now he has time to train the puppy and take care of it :)

betty