Thursday, March 19, 2020

I hope the weather gets nicer…

Monday turned out to be a real bummer. I was so excited thinking I was going to be able to get up and cruise around all day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then she fed me, she asked me what I wanted to do and I told her I wanted to get up and out. She told me that she needed to have more notice if I wanted to get up, she was supposed to be here at 7 AM but didn't show up until 7:30 AM and when I told her at 8:30 AM she said it was too late so I just decided I better stay in bed. Sometimes I just get so frustrated and defeated. It did motivate me to go online and look for any kind of source to find a caregiver, I hope one of them pans out. I noticed a lot of people always say "please just let me know if you need any help and I will be glad to help you" Then when you really need help nobody's ever around then later that day or the next day they always say "why didn't you call us". I guess it's just the way life goes and I really do need to rely more on myself to solve situations. I always wish I could find one person that I could rely on and that will help me or listen to me but I think that's just not gonna happen. It's a really good lesson but I can only count on myself.

Today is the Tuesday and the 25th anniversary of my spinal cord injury. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fit me. She got me dressed and up in my chair and the Woofpack came to get Robby for his puppy play date so it was just Dude and me for the day. We went for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the world and back a couple times and over to the boardwalk, enjoying how quiet it is because pretty soon summer is going to be here and it's going to be crazy. We cruised up and down a couple times and talk to Jimmy before we went home for the day. We practiced some commands and then I watch TV until Rosa came in. She fed the hungry boys and then fit me after she put me to bed. I had posted about the 25th anniversary of my injury online and it was so awesome to see people's reaction, it just made my whole day. I watched TV for a while, listen to some music and then fell asleep.

Wednesday was a really nice day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage, I felt so much better. Karen came in and we did some personal care and then I took a nice long hot bath, I would've loved to stay in bed because I'm always so comfortable after that but I have these two boys that are looking at me with those big brown eyes and I would do anything for them so I got up.  Rob from advanced blinds and shades came out to see why one of the blinds in my bedroom won't go up and down when Alexa tells them to, it took him about 20 seconds to realize the charger wasn't plugged in all the way… It's always something really simple. My Google Glass is taking pictures but for some reason, I can't get them to upload off the glass so it's very frustrating, I still have my go Pro and thank goodness for that. I get really frustrated when I can't get up and take pictures but I think I need to learn to just go out and enjoy cruising around this beautiful city and not worry too much about pictures anymore. Robby and I cruised over through Depot Park and down to the wharf and back, we always circle depot Park a couple of times so Robby can export a few drops on everything. Robby and I cruised back home and rested for a bit and then Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise up and down the wharf a couple times and then up and down the boardwalk a couple times. I watch TV for a while until Rosa came in and then she fed the boys, put me to bed and then fed me. She buzzed around and cleaned up for a little bit and then went home. I watched TV for a while and I was out.
















 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys, fed me and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Jennifer came by to do a toning treatment on my face, usually, I go see her but on Thursdays, I don't have anyone to drive and she had a dentist appointment right around the corner. About 45 minutes and she was done. I took Robby out for a cruise around Depot Park a couple of times and then back home. Dude and I took off for the wharf at something in the back of my head told me to check my calendar, sure enough, I thought my appointment with Jessica was at 1 PM but when I looked I noticed it was at 11 AM and it was two minutes after. I texted her and told her I had down the wrong time and she said to go ahead and come on in and she would go ahead and do it really quickly, I was about two or 3 miles away and it took me about 1/2 an hour but I got there. At least Dude got in a nice workout. After Jessica finished with my hair we cruised back home and waited for Rosa to come in, She came in and fed the dogs and then put me to bed and fed me. I was supposed to go to a Santa Cruz Warriors basketball game but they were talking about a virus brought over from Japan that was making everybody stay inside and shutting down all public gatherings so they canceled the game. I played games on the computer and then listen to some meditation until I fell asleep.


 Next Friday I was supposed to have a colonoscopy and upper G.I. procedure that I was supposed to start prepping for and it got canceled for the same reason, they started calling it the coronavirus and urged everybody to stay indoors… Especially older people, people with different abilities and children. I just watched TV at my house all day. Sara came in and took me over to the store to get some stuff for salads and a couple of other things because who knows how long this scare is going to go on. We came back home and Sara fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me. I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Saturday was a scary day. They were urging people, now everybody, to stay inside their house unless they absolutely have to go out. Thet started saying more and more about the coronavirus and how everybody was hoarding paper towels, toilet paper, and cleaning supplies… The stores couldn't keep anything on their shelves, everybody was panicking. I have a pretty good stock of everything in my house so I'm not as worried as everyone else but I did stay in bed and just watch TV all day. It's a good thing I stayed in bed because Sara ended up texting me and asking me to have my mom come down and feed the dogs because she was having a really bad day and was going to try to pull herself together and come in later, she never did come in.

Sunday was another scary day. The media is more adamant that people do not come out of their house unless they absolutely have to so I stayed in bed again. Again Sara messaged me and said she was having a hard time waking up and getting out of bed but she did eventually come in. She fed the boys and then me and then took off for home. I just watched TV and checked out all the postings on Facebook just to see how bad this virus is, the worst ever they said. I'm so glad I stayed home and in bed.

1 comment:

betty said...

It is scary out there these days Tammie. Best thing to do is stay inside or away from people. Life will return back to normal one day hopefully soon! Take care of yourself!

Betty