Monday, March 2, 2020

It's going to be another beautiful warm week…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen is still off so Cindy came in to feed the boys and get me dressed and up in my chair before she went on to work. Robby and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon, we haven't cruised there for a while, Down Bay St., Park, third depot Park and then back home. I rested for a bit and then Dude and I took off work crews down Westcliff a little bit, up and down the wharf a couple times and over to the boardwalk a couple times… You really know what it's really nice getting up this early and I get to enjoy the whole day. We came back home and rested for a bit and then Rosa came in to do some personal care and a nice hot bath. It was really late when she left and I was nice and relaxed so I just dozed off to sleep.







Tuesday was a good day. Cindy came in to feed the boys and then feeding me, she got me dressing up in my chair and the Woofpack came to collect Robby for his puppy play date. Cindy drove Dude and I to Capitola for my appointment with Jennifer, she starting this toning procedure on my face so I don't get any more wrinkles hopefully. After the appointment, you drove us back and we got everything set up for the CCI puppy play date, it's usually the second Tuesday of every month but we missed this month because the wind blew my fence down. There were about six dogs and their handlers, the weather was really nice so we all had a nice visit. We talked about trying to find another place to have the play dates, It is not a good idea to take them to regular dog parks so were trying to find a private fenced in place… Enter would be perfect because then we could also have them in the winter. I decided after I went to bed I would message everybody I can think of and see if they can make any recommendations for the puppy play dates. One of the people I reached out to was Maria from the Woofpack and she said that they work a lot with the ASPCA and they would ask if they had a place we could bring the dogs, I think they have a little play area there but they're building a bigger one. This is very exciting! Rosa came in and fed the boys and put me to bed and then fed me, I was really tired and fell asleep instantly. my Google Glass is acting up again and the go Pro keeps getting jarred and moving around so not getting many pictures these days.

Wednesday was another good day. Cindy came in and got me dressed and up in my chair after she fed the boys, she straightened up a little bit and then went off to her job. Robby and I took off for cruise through Depot Park and down to the wharf, I got about halfway down the wharf and ran into Annalise and while I was talking to her I realized that I had Robby instead of Dude… Robby is no longer certified and cannot go into public places anymore. We cruised back home and I rested for a bit and then Dude and I took off for downtown to check out the farmers market. Dude and I headed over to the wharf and cruised up and down there a couple times and then over to the boardwalk, everybody's out painting and fixing everything on the boardwalk getting ready to start spring break. We cruised back home and I left Dude here and took off by myself for a cruise up and down the wharf, sometimes I just like to get away alone and lay back and stare at the ocean. Rosa came in to feed the boys, put me to bed and then feed me. Trish came over to watch an episode of Mrs. Meisel and Rosa overheard us talking about popcorn so she surprised us and made some popcorn. They went home and I just watch TV for a while until I fell asleep.

















Thursday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and after she fed the hungry boys she got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a nice little cruise over to Depot Park and then onto the wharf and back. Dude and I took off for cruise after I rested for a bit. We took off downtown to look at the Goodwill store and the Salvation Army store for stuff that I could hang on my fence outside or something to add so it doesn't look so boring. I found a lot of stuff and it really gave me some good ideas but I'll wait and go back on Tuesday with Cindy so she can help me. I'm really excited about decorating this 300-foot fence! It was still a little early so Dude and I cruised over to the wharf, down to the end and back. We came on back home and rest for a bit before Rosa came in to feed the boys, put me to bed and feed me. I watched TV for a while, listen to music for a while and then fell asleep.

Friday was another great day. Karen came in and fed the boys before we did some personal care in a nice long hot bath. she got me dressed and up in my chair just in time for my appointment with joy, she is helping me with some fine-tuning with Dude she is such a good boy and so smart…The more I work with him the happier he gets and he is starting to look to me a lot more than my caregivers. I took Robby for a little cruise down to Depot Park and back. Dude and I took off for cruise down to the end of the wharf and back, after resting for a bit Sara came in and took me over to my appointment with Jennifer. Right as we got to her place of business I can see a Dairy Queen and I couldn't stop thinking about it, starting on the ninth I'm going to have to start fasting for two weeks so I wanted to get something good, my body is not used to this food and it just made me sick. It was a long day and I was ready to go home and get in bed and watch TV and just relax for a while. She fed the boys, put me to bed and fed me and I think I was out before she left.



















Saturday was a nice relaxing day. I know there was going to be a triathlon which means pretty much everything is going to be blocked off or hard to get around. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me and straightened up a little bit before she had to go. I watch TV all day, some TiVo and I found a channel that plays all of the old cartoons that I remember. I'm glad I didn't get up because it's really cold outside. I'm not sure if it's today or tomorrow but I'm going to stay out of it. I'm really glad that Robby is out with the Woofpack and I feel really sad that Dude has to stay inside all day but he's pretty adaptable. Sara came in and fed the boys and then fed me. She did some laundry and cleaned up the kitchen and then left, it's really kind and nice when everybody leaves and I have my room all to myself all day long, my family so busy right now and I don't see them very much but it's a nice little break…  I hardly ever get any time to myself. I was out right after she left.

Sunday was another lice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and me, I really wanted to go look around at thrift places for ideas for my fence but then I thought about how crowded everything was going to be. I texted Sara early because I wanted to see what time she wanted to come in, I didn't hear from her for a long time so I decided I might just be best to stay in bed. It's going to be really crowded and cold out there anyway so I'll just relax in my nice warm bed and watch TV, towards the end of the evening it started getting really windy… It's nice to watch on the cameras and out the window when it's this cold. Sara finally texted me and said that she would be in at 4 PM. She came in and fed the boys and me, cleaned up a little bit and then went home. I listen to music, edited pictures and watch TV until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Hard to imagine we are approaching Spring Break! I bet lots of excitement on the Boardwalk as they prepare for it!

betty