Monday, March 9, 2020

I thought it was going to be a little warmer this week…

Monday was another nice relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the boys and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I slept through most of it like I always do. After taking a nice long hot bath and getting back into bed is so relaxing, I can see the wind picking up outside but at this point, if I get up I'll only have a couple of hours to cruise around before Rosa comes in, tomorrow's going to be a nice long day. I looked into how to make a homepage on register.com and I think I'm going to look into some other places, it was a lot of fun and I like to get back into doing it again. Rosa came in and fed the starving boys and then fed me, she buzzed around and cleaned up and vacuumed before she went home. No cards tonight, it's nice to not have to get into bed and rush everything because people are coming over at 7 PM… I miss playing cards but it's just too late. I watch TV for a while until I fell asleep.

Tuesday was a really nice but busy day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby for his puppy play date. Cindy drove dude and me over to Capitola for my appointment with Jennifer and doing a face toning series and I can't wait till it's done and I won't have to go back twice a week, it will just go back to every three weeks. We came back to Santa Cruz and cruised over to my appointment with Dude, it's that time for heartworm check in a couple of other vaccinations so we got to bring in a stool sample. They looked him over and cleaned out his ears, they're getting a little dirty and smelly which means ear infection. They gave me some medicine and told me to come back in a week. Usually on Tuesdays when we don't have the puppy play date I like to go to Ross, I get a discount every Tuesday because I'm old and I feel like I don't want to pass that up. We cruised back home and I took Dude out for a cruise up and down the wharf a couple of times and then back home to rest and wait for Rosa. Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew, put me to bed and then fed me. I haven't really been on Facebook for a while and I'm trying to figure out a new way to get my pictures off of my Google glass and onto my blog but so far nothing's working. I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Wednesday was a really busy day. Susan came in and I got a nice long massage, I always feel so much better. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and she got me dressed and open my chair. Nick from Bay area gate and fencing came by to put push pads on my new gate, it's going to be so much easier and hopefully, my packages will make it to the back porch like they are supposed to.  Dude and I cruised down to the farmers market and hung out for a while. I had an appointment with Robby so I decided to take dude along. I asked my mom if she could help me but their appointment was at 4:30 PM and she had dinner reservations so I thought I just take him down there by myself, it was a lot easier than I thought. I think I'm going to get a split leash and try taking them both for a cruise more often. Robby is doing great but dudes ear infection is getting worse so they cleaned it out again and I'll bring him back in a week, I was a little annoyed that they didn't give me anything for pain because he was obviously in a lot of pain so I decided to give him some of Robby's pet CBD and it really seems to help so both of us slept a lot better. Rosa came in and fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me, it was a really long day and I was exhausted… I don't even think I heard Rosa leave.

Thursday was another busy day. Karen came in and got me dressed in up in my chair after she fed the boys and I. I took Robby out for a cruise down to the wharf, I got about halfway down the wharf and saw Annalise and remembered that Robby no longer has public access so we turned around and came home. Dude and I took off for downtown with my appointment with my psychologist at Abbott Square. We were going to go check out the insight, a place where they teach you mindfulness and meditating but I got some news the day before that I wanted to tell her about. Apparently, my cousin and her husband, who has been trying to move here for a long time, have to go back to their house in Florida. They have been renting it out and apparently the lady who lives there I'd like six or eight cats and totally trash place. They haven't really had that much luck renting that place out. After we have for you with Carol I cruised down to where my doctor's office is to drop off some paperwork for her to fill out for my long-term disability. We cruised back home and I got a call from H&R Block letting me know that my taxes are ready, Pamela sent me a link but it wouldn't let me sign in and I decided to just cruise up there. When I come out of my Street I had to turn left and there's a really steep street there and part of it was wet towards the top, I almost slid off the curb one day so I don't like going that way but my chair was almost dead and I didn't really have a choice… I slept a little bit but went slow so it wasn't that bad. I was sitting there talking to Pamela and trying to think how am I going to get home? I looked out the window and across the street and I saw DeFour Street and remembered that my neighbors moved there and it goes all the way across to California Street so I ended up going that way and came out by the lagoon. I cruised through the lagoon and made it home before my chair died, almost 12 miles I did today. Rosa fed the boys and put me to bed and got me something to eat, another week and then I'm going to have to fast for my colonoscopy… I'll be so glad to get that over with. Trish came by and we watched another episode of the marvelous Mrs. Meisel, that show just keeps getting better and better. Trish and Rosa left and I watched TV until I fell asleep.



Friday was a pretty nice day. Karen came in and fed the boys, we did some personal care and a bath and she got me dressed in up in my chair. I was up just in time for my appointment with Joy, she was going to show me how to work with Dude on the push pads for the gate… They are a little higher than usual so I moved in close and he got on my footrests and pushed it with his nose, it only took them a couple tries… He's such a smart boy! Karen's other client came from San Mateo to borrow my room and my bathroom because she had a problem and didn't have a caregiver and she's getting ready to go away for the weekend. Sarah came in and took me over to Capitola for my appointment with Jennifer. After my appointment, we went to Safeway to pick up the stuff I needed for my colonoscopy on the 20th. I just wanted to make sure I have everything way in advance. We cruised over to a thrift store that I looked around at yesterday, I saw a bunch of carousel horses and I thought that would be really cool to incorporate in whatever I do to the fence. I cruised in and looked right where it was and it was gone, Sara asked the cashier about it and there was a guy there that had just bought everything… I was so sad but he got there first so I was trying not to look too sad. After the cashier told me that I could have paid for it and held it and that's what I should've done, it was like $120 for like 10 carousel horses and she talked the guy into buying them and even look them up and they were worth over $300… I wish I would've just put a down payment on it the day before, I guess I just wasn't meant to have them? We cruised back home and Sara fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me. I fell asleep before she left.

Saturday was a nice relaxing day. It was supposed to rain all day so I decided to stay in bed. Cindy came in and fed the boys and we all got a day of rest, the Woofpack sent out a reminder that there would not be a puppy play date today. Dudes' ear is really painful so we just gave him some pet CBD and that seemed to help, I was ready to take him back in again today because he was so miserable last night. Robby always had o ear infections but I've had dude for over a year and he's only had a couple of mild ones but this one was bad, Dr. Loganthetti said that four years old is about when lab start getting ear infections. The last couple of times I went in there they gave Dude treats and I think that might have had a little bit to do with it, I'm keeping the dogs off of grains. Sara came in and fed the boys and then fed me and took off to meet up with her friends for dinner, it's kind of nice to have so much time to myself. I have all the stuff that I was going to do but I just ended up watching TV in getting caught up on my blog and then I fell asleep.

Sunday was another relaxing day. I really debated whether I should get up or just stay in bed, I was so comfortable. I thought it might be a good idea to keep Dude inside for another day because of his ears. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me, she straightened out some more clutter in my room before she went home. I watched Dr. Phil for pretty much the whole day. Sara texted me and said she was having a really bad day and she just noticed that it was daylight savings time in an hour ahead of what she thought. She said she was going to try to see if she was going to feel better and let me know if she was going to come in, I'm really glad that I didn't get up because there's nobody around. I had my mom come down and feed the boys. Sara never did show up, the last text I got from her said "IOU some crackers and a nice dinner". I can't wait to get up tomorrow. After watching TV for a while and being frustrated I finally fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Sorry about the carousel horses, Tammie! I bet down the line you'll find something better than them for your gate!

betty