Monday, February 17, 2020

Ready for some warmer weather…

Monday was another relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. I decided to stay in bed, the pressure sore on my bottom looks a lot better but I'd rather have it all the way healed before I get up again. Dude must've eaten something because he had the runs all day and Robby was just happy to lay around and relax. I had Karen go out and take some more pictures of the driveway because now it looks like the fences all the way down, Adela had her brother-in-law come over to look at it and is going to start fixing it tomorrow. Of course, we canceled the puppy play date for tomorrow. I watched cartoons pretty much all day, I found a channel that plays the old cartoons that I used to watch on Sunday morning. Rosa came in and fed the boys and then fit me and then took off to watch her son play football at the high school across the street. I watched Judge Judy for a while and then just listen to music, I really like watching her but sometimes she so mean… I guess you have to be in order to be a judge?

Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair.  James from West Coast mobility came over to fix my ceiling lift and show me the options for my new front gate, they have a sensor that they can put in the ground and that's my favorite idea. Our original plan was to find out how we can get the van out of the driveway and go to Costco. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Dude and I went out to see if we could find four or five big strong guys to lift up the fence enough so that we can get the van out, I figured between the maintenance guys at the wharf and the boardwalk and the parks and guys I see along the way we should be able to find some help but I didn't see anybody. We cruised up and down the wharf a couple times and then over to the boardwalk where we ran into Jimmy, the guy that does all the creative painting, we talked to him for a little bit and then cruised on down to the end and then back home. We rested for a bit and then Rosa came in to feed the boys and put me to bed. She took my chair part and wash all the questions and everything and vacuumed and ran around for a while and I think I was asleep before she left.





























 Thursday was a really good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair. I had an appointment at 9 AM with Robby at his vet but I had to reschedule it because our morning routine was taking longer than we thought, I rescheduled it for tomorrow. Robby and I took off for a cruise around Depot Park a couple of times. We came back and I rested for a bit and Dude and I took off for downtown for my appointment with Carol, halfway down there I remembered that my appointment is next Thursday so we cruised down to Abbott Square and met with Adriana, we had some tacos and chatted for a while and then we were going to try to come back here and see if we could find some big strong people to help us lift the fence up so I could get my van out of the driveway… We couldn't find anybody. Trish invited me to go to the new DNA comedy club downtown and Adriana was going to go with me and then put me to bed after. Adriana was going to meet me at my house but she got a call from her boss who lost somebody really close to him and asked if Adriana could stick around and send out emails to let everybody know what was going on. Soon she was going to be a while Dude and I cruised down to the wharf and on our way back I looked down at the ground in front of me and that was $100 bill, and I dreaming?? I tried to roll my wheel over it so it wouldn't blow away and that wasn't working so I just asked Dude to pick it up and put it in my lap, it took him two tries but he did it… He is so smart and amazing! I just have to keep my left hand on top of the money all the way home so it didn't blow away… I did it. I was so excited! I couldn't wait for Adriana to get here so I could tell her the awesome news. The hundred dollars was enough to feed us both tacos, dinner at the Korean barbecue and admission to the DNA comedy club. We were the first people there and it didn't look like there was going to be a very big crowd but as it got closer to the time more people showed up. On Thursday nights they have the sloth storytelling show, DNA's Comedy Lab Presents: The Sloth Storytelling Show, a new 90-minute weekly program with music, games, and storytime for adults. Join your friends at the Lab on Thursdays…
Storytellers are given a weekly theme around which to entertain, soothe, challenge, and find common ground with us, in a way that only a story can. The audience is invited to kick back in the Petri Dish Cafe & Bar in the Lab Lobby with a craft brew and a bag of popcorn—blankies and binkies are optional. it was really a lot of fun, my friend Trish from around the corner got up and told a story and it was pretty cool… I'll definitely be going back there again! After the show, we walked Adriana back to her car at the Korean barbecue place and then I cruised back home with Trish and her friend. Adriana put me to bed and I worked on my blog for a while and edited pictures. I was really exhausted and thought I would fall right to sleep but after I got in bed I was wide awake, I did some mindful meditation, listen to music and then eventually fell asleep.















 Friday was a long day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. After the bath, we ended up doing more personal care and I think we finally finished at about 2 PM. While I was in the bathtub one of the receptionists from Westside Animal Hospital called to remind me that I missed Robby's appointment so I called to reschedule. I decided it wasn't worth getting up because I was going to have to go back to bed in a couple of hours so I just stayed in bed. Joy came by to take Dude out for a cruise. I slept pretty much the rest of the day and also all night, I was exhausted. Adriana came in to feed the starving boys and then to feed me, she didn't stay very long because there wasn't that much to do. I watched TV for a little bit and then fell asleep for the rest of the evening.

 Saturday was another long day. The guys came by to fix the fence, they ripped it all down and rebuilt part of it...They're going to finish tomorrow. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me.  The Woofpack came to get Robby for his puppy play date and he was happy to go. Again I slept on and off pretty much all-day in between watching TV and listening to music. Joy came by again to take Dude out for a cruise. I watch Dr. Phil for the rest of the night until I fell asleep. I'm getting really tired and antsy from staying in bed but my pressure sore is looking a lot better. I upgraded my operating system and lost my iphotos and my iWeb so now I have no way to edit my homepage that I have been working on for several years. I messaged my brother Dave and she said he would help me rebuild another one, I was kind of panicking because I didn't want to lose my webpage.

Sunday was a long miserable day. Karen came in because Cindy had the day off, she fed the boys and then fed me… For some reason, I wasn't very hungry and I just didn't feel good. I think I have a bladder infection but also my stomach was really bloated and I just didn't feel good so Karen suggested we do the personal care today instead of tomorrow and that turned out to be a great idea. I took a nice hot bath first and then we did the personal care, it was long and miserable. After that and a nice long hot bath, I felt a million times better. My mom and Kelly took Robby for a little cruise, I could see his little tail wagging like crazy when they left. I see the guys out there working on the fence and it looks awesome! They did an amazing job! I listen to Michael Franti for a while, his music always makes me feel so much better. I feel really exhausted but can't sleep so I watched some TV for a while. My mom came down and fed the hungry boys and made me a Reuben sandwich, it was delicious! I watched ninety-day fiancĂ©, three episodes, and then fell asleep.







1 comment:

betty said...

They did do a great job on the fence, Tammie!! Lucky you to find that $100 bill!! You put it to fun use too!

betty