Monday, February 3, 2020

I hope to see a lot more sun this week…

Monday turned out to be a really good day. I had a really miserable night, I was bloated and kept having these really jerky spasms and I kept getting chills… I knew when it started at 8 PM that I was going to be a long uncomfortable night. I finally fell asleep just before Karen came in, she fed the boys and put me on my side to see if she could relieve some of the gas before we start personal care. After we did some personal care I got to take a nice long hot bath and I felt so much better. I was even thinking about staying in bed again but I'm glad I decided to get up. After Karen got me dressed in up in my chair I took Robby for a nice long cruise around the ballpark a couple times. We cruised back and Adela switched dogs so Dude and I could go for one of our marathon cruises. We cruised through Depot Park and to the end of the wharf and back a couple of times, we were going to go over and check out the boardwalk but I was all really getting cold and I didn't want to risk catching another cold. We came home and rested for a bit and I got a message from my cousin Debbie and she said that they got their mugs today, I took a bunch of Christmas pictures while they were here and I put them all on mugs and sent them to them. She is so cute! She sent me a bunch of pictures of the mugs and then everyone drinking out of one. Love that gal! Adriana came in to say hello when she dropped her mom off, this girl is always so cheerful and just makes you have a great day. I had said that I was looking for some backup caregivers and caregivers for when my regular caregiver's goal on vacation and she told me that she would help me out. She worked for me several years ago for a while but has moved on to a great job, this is the best family ever! Rosa put me in bed and then brought me a hamburger that she had made at home and brought for me, how did she know I was craving a hamburger?? I added pictures and worked on my blog before watched a couple of episodes of the last man standing and fell asleep.



















































Tuesday was a great day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Cindy took Dude and me shopping, I haven't been to new leaf for a while but I needed some bone broth and I know that's one of two places besides the flea market that carries it… It's a certain brand and it's the good stuff. I'm stocking up because I have to do a colonoscopy procedure in March and I need to do a fast a couple days before, plus it'll make the procedure go better if I'm really cleaned out. I found some vegan lavender shortbread cookies and some vegan lemon shortbread cookies and I was so excited! I've been trying to look for a dessert that I can have that doesn't have eggs or mayonnaise and it because I'm allergic to both. We then went over to Safeway on the way back to see if I honey prescriptions and get some creamer for my mom. We came back and I just hung around for a while until Robby got back and Rosa came in, she fed the boys and then put me to bed and then fed me. She buzzed around for a while and I watch TV until I fell asleep.

































Wednesday was another nice day. Susan came in and fed the boys and then gave me a nice long two-hour massage, I really needed that. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, she got me dressed in up in my chair. Kent came with his mobile grooming unit to give the boys a bath, they always look so pretty and shiny… He not only gives them a bath but a blueberry facial, brushes their teeth, a little massage and nice music. I took Robby for a cruise around the ballpark and back, I want to make sure to get Dude a little cruising time because I have to take Robby to the vet at 2 PM, he has a skin tag that is really bothering him… He's constantly rubbing his chin on his bed so we decided to get it removed. we cruised back home and Rosa fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me, I just love having Heather cook for me because I know all of my options are going to be delicious! I watched the Big Bang theory until I fell asleep.

















Thursday was a really good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys, got me dressed in up in my chair. Robby went in for a procedure to get a nodule cut off of his chin, it's been really yeasty and itching him for a while. Karen took him over at 8:30 AM and then she got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took a short cruise through Depot Park on our way to my Downtown for my first appointment with Carol. I have another appointment with Jessica, Rafael was leaving as we were coming through and he smiled and waved… I love that smile! I got to where Jessica works about a half-hour later so I just lay back for a while and listen to the music. She was done about 20 minutes early from her other client so I was glad I came early. It's always nice talking with Jessica. After my appointment, I rushed back home to wait and see if there was any news from the vet regarding Robby… They called to say he was ready and I went down to get him, he was so groggy… He was just swaying back and forth in his back legs were barely holding him up. I felt so bad for him because he didn't want to lay down and he just kept following whoever was the closest around like he was begging for help, it just broke my heart. We had to barricade the stairs so Robby wouldn't try to go up and injure himself so he wandered around down here all night, I could hear his toenails and his heavy breathing. I thought maybe the cruise home would clear out his lungs a little bit. Rosa came in and fed the boys, that perked Robby up a little. We did some personal care and a nice relaxing bath before Rosa went home, I was nice and relaxed and felt good for a while and then my back started sweating… I try to go to sleep and hope it would go away. When my mom came down at midnight to let the boys out I had her heat up my microwave hello and put it behind my neck, that worked until but heat wore out and then I had to have her come down a couple more times after that. Eventually, I was able to fall asleep and I woke up in the morning feeling better. I really think Robby can tell when I'm not feeling good and maybe that was my way of feeling his pain?




Friday was another relaxing day. I was feeling much better but just exhausted for staying up all night last night so I decided to just stay in bed. Cindy came in, Karen has the weekend off. I slept most of the day and it felt so good. Joy came by about 1:30 PM and took Dude for a cruise so he can expend a little energy. Sara came in at 3 PM so she could take Dude to his vet appointment at 4 PM, he has an ear infection. She fed the boys and then got me something to eat after she left I watched TV for a little bit and then fell asleep.


Saturday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and I texted the Woofpack to see if they would take both dogs for the day to the puppy play date, they said yes. It's so nice that I don't have to worry about how board Dude is when I don't get up and go out of the house. I was nice and relaxed and really enjoyed the day to myself. Yukio brought back the pups at about 3 PM and my mom came down to feed them and me at 4 PM. I watched Dr. pimple popper for a while and then more of Dr. Phil and before I knew it I was out.


Sunday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me, I texted Sara to see if she was going to come in for sure so I could get up but I didn't hear back from her… I didn't want to get up If I don't have anybody to put me back to bed and everybody else house plans because I think they're supposed to be a Super Bowl or something on. Despite the sun, it looked really cold outside and it was supposed to be super windy so I'm glad I didn't get up. I watch TV all day and all night, Cindy made me a sandwich before she left and my mom gave it to me after she fed the boys. I watched TV until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

That was a cute idea, Tammie, with the pictures on the mugs!! I'll have to remember that for next year!

betty