Sunday, February 9, 2020

At least the sun came out but it's still very cold and very windy…

Monday was a really great day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I have confidence in getting up today because I know Rosa will come in. I Took Robby for just a short cruise because it looked like he was feeling better, he was feeling SO much better… He was trotting a long way ahead of me when we went for a cruise. it was so cold, I'm so glad I grabbed my aviators hat. There wasn't a lot of people out and about probably because it's so freaking cold, I got both of the dogs out for a nice little cruise and I feel better… Unfortunately, I had to be back home by 1:30 PM so Rosa could come in early. Karen has been out since Thursday so Rosa has agreed to do my personal care and a nice long hot bath, I wish I could do some personal care and bath in the evenings all the time because it would give me a lot more time to cruise around during the day… It's especially frustrating in the summer when it gets too hot for me to be outside around 2 PM and it doesn't give me much time to cruise around. After my nice relaxing bath, Rosa put me back to bed and I was so relaxed, I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then got me dressed and up in my chair. We stopped off at the bank, the post office and the store for a little grocery shopping before my appointment with Jennifer. I talked to the lady that had an appointment before me, well actually she paid more attention to Dude, and after she left Jennifer told me that she was 78 years old, she looked younger than me. She was having a toning machine put on her face and that she has been doing it for about 30 or 40 years so I said sign me up. For the first five weeks, you have to come in twice a week and then after that, it's just once every three weeks, I can have it done when I get my facial… I'm so excited! I think Cindy's going to try to do it too. It's going to be hectic trying to get over there for a couple days a week for five weeks but I'm going to do it, before you know it it will be over and just back to the regular three weeks. We went to Gayle's bakery/restaurant and I got some chicken wings, Parmesan mashed potatoes, and green beans… I guess that will be one thing to look forward to going there twice a week because I LOVE Gayle's food. I also got a couple pieces of key lime pie. We cruised back home and then Cindy left and came back and dropped her mom off. Rosa fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me. I relaxed for a while and then Trish came over to watch another episode of the marvelous Mrs. Meisel, I just love that show… It just keeps getting better. Trish left and I edited some pictures and listen to music until I fell asleep.


Wednesday was a pretty good day, I can't wait until it starts getting a little warmer. Susan was supposed to come in to give me a massage but her daughter was sick and she didn't want to leave her alone, unfortunately, I didn't see her message until 7:30 AM and so I texted Karen and she said she would come over soon as you can… I feel bad making the boys wait until 8 o'clock. Karen fed the boys and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath, something happened to my iPod in the bathroom and Rosa couldn't figure out what was wrong with it so we had to do a bath without music… Luckily Karen fixed it. The mobile groomer came by and gave the boys their little spa session, they get a bath every two weeks. Karen got me dressed in up in my chair and I took Robby out for a cruise, he was back to his normal self and it was so nice to see him prancing alongside me. Dude and I went for a cruise after I rested for a bit, we cruised up and down the wharf a couple times and ran into Brett… Dude just adores this guy and it's so cute. We cruised over to the boardwalk and ran into Jimmy, the guy that paints everything over at the boardwalk, another guy that Dude just adores. He has one of those adult tricycles with a basket in the back and not only the basket but all around the handlebars he has little prizes that he's gathered over his 40 years and dude always wants to grab them, I try and try to get Dude to speak and I never can but one look at Jimmy and all the toys on his bike and just jumps up and start barking. I don't let them get close enough because I'm sure he would grab one but it's funny to watch him. We cruised home and on my way home I got a text from Rosa saying she was getting her toenails done and she wouldn't be here until 5 PM so we just hung out for a while. Rosa came in and fed the boys and then she put me to bed and fed me, I come home every evening and I'm so thankful to have the food that Heather cooks for me… Healthy and delicious! I'm trying to think of some projects that I can work on in the evening to keep my mind off of everything, I seem to be so frustrated and have so much anxiety these days so I'm trying to find a way to combat it. While I was sitting here trying to think of something to do I fell asleep.


















Thursday was a really good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair, I was up by 9 AM and it felt great, I took Robby down to the vet to get his Staples/stitches out of his chin... I know he was happy to get rid of those. Shane and Lara came by to put my alarm system and door locks on the computer, on my cell phone, and on Alexa so I have more options to lock/unlock my doors. He also showed me how to lookup archives on the camera, last Tuesday some lady came up to the front porch and cruised around for a while and then I lost her… I don't know where she went. Next time I will be ready, I saw her in the ring app but didn't think about opening it up and asking her to go away until way after she left. I get a little panicked because when I'm in bed I only have access to Skype and you cannot call emergency numbers on Skype so I called my mom and told her to look out and be ready to call for some help if I needed it. I watch the cameras for a while to make sure that she wasn't coming back.










Friday turned out to be a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. I have a pressure sore so I would really like to stay in bed but I need to get up to take the dogs out for a cruise, I never know whether it's best to stay in bed or get up in my chair, I have a form-fitted cushion on my chair. Joy came by and we practiced part of the agility course with Dude, we did the weaving bars and he picked it up right away and just loved it. Dude and I went out for cruise up and down the wharf a couple times and then we were going to go over to the boardwalk, I talked to Jimmy yesterday and he said he was going to be over by the vault painting but on my way over there I ran into Russell and his dog Sparky, I talked to him for a little while and then just decided to go home. Sara came in and took me grocery shopping at Safeway… We saw the Girl Scouts out front selling Girl Scout cookies and decided to wait until we came out but they were gone. Sara fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me. I watched TV for a while, listen to music and then fell asleep.





Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me, I like to have oatmeal on the weekends. The Woofpack came to get Robby for his puppy play date, he got the stable and stitches taken out from underneath his chin so he was a happy boy… He doesn't have to wear that pillow anymore around his neck. 10 minutes after they took him she texted me and said it looked like a couple of blisters on his ears and they popped and got blood all over himself. I slept most of the day, I would wake up for a couple minutes it was either too hot or too cold in here so I would just sit and then go back to sleep… It really felt great to sleep all day but I hope I sleep all night. Sara came in and fed the boys and then got me something to eat and put some laundry away, I barely remember her leaving and I was out.








Sunday was another relaxing day. I almost got up but I'm glad I didn't, the wind was crazy at 22 miles an hour. The electricity went off a couple of times in my generator didn't work so I called and they had somebody out here within an hour, how cool is that?? The guy said that the battery in my generator just blew up. The TV wasn't working very well, I think the wind knocked the dish around so I just listen to music and try to relax. The wind picked up a lot, they said it's about 22 miles an hour. The tree fell down on Laurel Street in front of Foster freeze and we have been out of power for a couple of hours. The fence along my driveway fell over, I have vines growing all down the driveway so it's just a mess. Sara came in and fed the hungry boys and then got me something to eat and then she was gone. I watched TV for a while, listen to music, worked on my blog and edited pictures until I fell asleep. Luckily the wind has died down.













1 comment:

betty said...

Poor Robbie!! I hope he is healing up! Wow that was some strong wind you got Tammie!

betty