Sunday, January 19, 2020

Waiting for warm weather…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew. We get some personal care and a nice long hot bath that you got me dressed and up in my chair for the day. Robby and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon, I haven't been there for a while so I'm to see how it looks… Plus there was a truck blocking the sidewalk on Laurel Street and there was too much traffic to go around. While we were cruising there I could hear a couple dogs barking behind and I looked around into dogs were off-leash following us, luckily when I turned around they got scared and turned around and went the other way. One of them was a little Chihuahua would look like his leg was already damaged or broken. Why do people insist on keeping the dogs off-leash?? Robby wasn't doing really good and started limping so we turned around and came back home. Karen was still here so she gave Robby another pain pill, I rested for a while and then took Dude for a cruise. I wanted to take Dude through the lagoon but I decided just to go around the truck and cruised down through Depot Park and over to the wharf. We cruised up and down a couple times and then over to the boardwalk and back. It was getting really cold and I was done. Rosa came in and fed the boys and then put me to bed, I was starting to not feel so good… My throat with hurting and really dry and my voice were in an out. I had some coding cough syrup in the cupboard so I took a tablespoon and opted out of cribbage for tonight. I watched TV for a little while and then fell right to sleep.

Tuesday was a lousy day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then got me something to eat, I looked at the weather and it said it was going to be cold and cloudy so I texted Jan and told her it might be a good idea to cancel the CCI puppy play date. I hate to do it but I don't want to get any sicker than I already am. The guys from watchdog security came over to replace my locks, I'm so glad I'm finally getting them replaced. Lara, she and her husband run the security company, saw that I was sick in bed and brought me over some homemade chicken soup… How sweet is that!! They finished up the locks but I was asleep before they left so they didn't get to show me how to lock and unlock from my computer, my cell phone, and Alexa. I think I slept all day and it felt great! Rosa came in and fed the boys and did a couple of things around the house and then went home so I could rest, she is so sweet! I fell asleep on and off until about 2 AM and then I fell asleep until 6 AM.

Wednesday was another relaxing day. I just don't have the energy to even think about getting up if I wanted to, I should for the dogs… Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage and although I slept through the entire massage I felt much better. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I opted to stay in bed. The day went by really fast and before I knew it Rosa was here to feed the boys and to feed me. She buzzed around and did a couple things and then left. Her son had a football game tonight and I was really seriously thinking about going but it was so cold, I hope he has some of these games during the summer? I don't know how football works when you're in high school?  I never went to most of my high school football games and I'm not sure if I'm sorry… I think back then it was more like preppy high school kids and then we were always known as the mountain kids because we lived up in the Santa Cruz Mountains. I watch TV until he drifted off to sleep.

Thursday was another disappointing day, I was looking forward to getting up and meeting Carol downtown at Abbott Square for my appointment but it looked like it was going to rain most of the day. Karen came in and fed the boys and put me on my side for a while, and getting really tired of staying in bed every day… Not to even mention were cranky. I'm still not feeling very good, this cold just keeps hanging on so I guess staying in bed is the best thing. I message to Carol and told her I wasn't going to make it. I slept on and off all day, edited some pictures that had taken a while back, listen to some music and just anything to pass the day. Rosa came in and fed the boys and fed me, put me on my side for a couple minutes and then brush my teeth, wash my face and then she went home. I just watched TV and messed around on the computer until I fell asleep. I really hope it's nice I can get up tomorrow.

Friday was a really nice day. My evening weekend caregiver messaged me and said she forgot to tell me she needed Friday off, she messaged me yesterday. This is the second time that I have canceled my facial appointment with Jennifer because Sara called in sick at the last minute and couldn't take me, I usually make the appointments on Tuesday or Saturday where I know that I have Cindy to take me but Cindy's been off to school so I had to find somebody else. I reminded her that she promised to take me and she said that she would come in but she wanted Sunday off, the reason I hired somebody is so that I don't have to scramble around to find somebody to put me to bed and I don't have to get nervous getting up for fear I'll be stuck in my chair. I decided to go ahead and look on care.com, UCSC and Cabrillo College to see if I can find somebody to fill in for when somebody calls in sick or goes on vacation. The only thing harder than finding a full-time caregiver is finding a part-time caregiver but I'm going to give it a try. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and she got me dressed and up in my chair. I was up by 11 AM which is unusual on personal care day but I'm so excited that I have all day long to cruise around with the pups. Robby and I took off for a cruise over to the lagoon, he was having a pretty good day so as long as he's not limping I'm gonna let him cruise as long as he wants… Mostly it's just sniffing and peeing a lot. We came back home and rested for a bit and I took Dude for a nice long cruise over to and up and down the wharf a couple of times, it felt so great to be out and about! We cruise over to the boardwalk but then had to cruise home to meet Sarah so she can take me to my appointment with Jennifer. After my appointment with Jennifer, we cruised back home, It was so nice to get a facial because it has been a while. She fed the boys, put me to bed and fed me and then she was off. I edited pictures I listen to music until I fell asleep.






























 Saturday was another cold, restful day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me and put me on my side for a while. I messaged the Woofpack and seeing if they would take Dude to tag along with Robby at the puppy playgroup and they said yes, I love it when they take him because at least I can rest and know that they're both having fun playing and not cooped up in this room again all day.  Today is my cousin Rich's birthday, he's up in the Hollister Hills motorcycle riding with his family… They all love motorcycle riding so much and it's really cool to see. From going up there so often I met some people from about four or five other Toy haulers that go up there to camp and ride in the same place. After Cindy left I just watched TV, listen to music, play games on the computer and slept on and off for the rest of the day. Omar came in and put some reflective tape on my new gate so hopefully, nobody will drive into it. I texted Sara to ask her what time she was coming in about 11 AM and I didn't hear from her until about 4 PM and she said that she had just woke up and was on her way. She came in and fed the boys and then fed me and then she was on her way back home, I feel bad just having her come in for a couple of hours but I just don't have anybody to feed the animals or to feed me if I don't have a caregiver in the evening. I still haven't heard anything from any of the places I put in a job, I sent an inquiry to a couple of agencies but I'd like to use them as a last resort because they are very very expensive. Yukio brought the boys back at about 4 PM and they both went to lay down to rest. Sara fed them when she came in and then fed me, but some close away and Len left for the evening. Again I just watched TV and played on the computer until I fell asleep. Trish texted me and said that she was going to take Mr. Bean out for a cruise and asked if I wanted them to take Dude, of course, I said yes. I listen to my meditation app calm.com and then watch TV until I fell asleep.






Sunday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me and put me on my side for a while, I'm getting so antsy and tired of being in this bad. She took some Christmas mugs that I had made on Shutterfly to the post office for my cousins in San Diego, I think they turned out really cute and I can't wait to see if they like them. The pictures on the mug were pictures that we took during our Christmas time together, it was so much fun! We are planning on trying to get all or most of the cousins together again over the Fourth of July, hopefully, we gave everybody enough notice so we'll see what happens… I don't know what we're going to do with all of these people but it will be summer and I do have tense and canopies in the garage… We'll just make the best of it. I know whatever happens it will be a great time! My mom came down and fed the boys and then got me some celery soup and crackers, I don't really have much of an appetite but I felt like I should eat something. I watch 90-day fiancĂ© until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Hoping you are feeling better by now, Tammie. Nothing worse than a cold when the weather is so cold outside!

betty