Sunday, January 5, 2020

Next up… New Year's Eve…

Monday was another miserable day. Karen came in and fed the boys. We did some personal care which again lasted all day and I really felt miserable but I got up and took the boys for a cruise. I was going to start writing my exercise cycle but I just wanted to take the boys out and come back and go to bed. While my cousin Kevin was here he was talking to me about the Kito diet and said he thought it would be a good diet for me, he's a personal trainer. I'm taking the diabetes nutrition class next week some going to ask them about the diet, it's no carbs and sugar which is great but I think there's a lot of fat and I'm not sure what that would do to me. I'm taking the class because I want to get one of those 14-day patches that you put on your arm to test your blood glucose instead of pricking my finger twice a day. Rosa came in and put me to bed after she fed the hungry boys. It's nice to be back on my diet, I'm on the low fodmap diet… I enjoy Heather's food so much and it's so healthy! Trish came over to watch the last episode of the second series of the Marvelous Mrs. Meisel, she brought me a Marvelous Mrs. Meisel candle, she is always so thoughtful and then I feel guilty because I didn't have anything for her. Her son got a brand-new Honda and his car was parked in front of Tom's truck when the other car rear-ended the truck and got a lot of damage. I hope they catch the girl that did that. I fell asleep pretty quick after Trish left.

Tuesday was a nice relaxing day. I'm starting to feel a little bit better and I'm going to start taking better care of myself, eat better, some exercise and work more with the dogs… Mostly Dude. He did really good this time with the company, I'm really so proud of him. I think he's growing out of his puppy stage and he just loves to please people. Cindy took the morning off and Karen has another client today so I just stayed in bed. My mom came down and gave me some coffee and some oatmeal and then Stanley came down and brought me another cup of coffee. I didn't sleep and that's what I was hoping for but then I'll be awake all night and since I finished editing and updating my blog it will be boring. Janet came back from Modesto and they made a taco salad and some garlic bread for dinner and after we were going to play cribbage. Rosa said she would come in at 3 PM so that's what I told everyone but she didn't come in until 4:30 PM, she texted me at 3:50 PM and said she would be here in 15 minutes but didn't get here until 4:30 PM and then she was rushed and really cranky. I really appreciate all of her help but I just wish if she had something going on she would tell me and just take the day off instead of coming in and rushing through everything and getting frustrated, it just makes me so nervous and anxious. We ate dinner and then played cribbage, I lost all of my money but then one back a dollar. Everybody left and I was really sleepy and I was out.

Wednesday was a really disappointing day. Susan came in to give me a massage and while she was here I asked Alexa what my schedule was like for today and the first thing she said was Karen is off, it was on my calendar and on the calendar on the door but I couldn't find anybody to come in and forgot all about it. We were supposed to do personal care this morning and I could feel my stomach bloated, I texted Rosa to see if she could come in earlier and do some personal care. I guess Tom and Kelly have a tradition of eating mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, pork roast, and pork sausage at midnight on New Year's… They brought us over some and it was actually really really good! My mom and Kelly took Stanley and Janet to the airport so I actually have probably at least an hour until everyone gets back. I'm getting better and better with company, I really like having people around and I don't get so nervous anymore. I think mostly I just like to go out and do stuff and other than cruising around I don't like to do anything else by myself. I felt bad for Dude, he keeps coming in sitting by my bed and whining… It's been two days I've been stuck in bed so that means two days he hasn't been out and I'm sure he's going crazy, I know I am. It was a beautiful day today and I hope it's going to be again tomorrow. Heather texted me and asked if I want to get together tomorrow and catch up, it's been so long and we have a lot of catching up to do. Her wife Mariposa texted me and said their meeting on Friday evening at Abbott Square for their anniversary so I'm going to try to make it over there also, she's going to be really tired of me by the end of the week. Rosa finally came in and I was kind of annoyed that she hasn't gotten back to me all day, I texted her at 8 AM and it's now 4 PM, I texted her to ask her if she was going to come in or do I need to get my mom to feed the boys... She texted me a couple minutes later and said she would be here in 10 minutes. She agreed to do the personal-care but I could tell she wasn't happy about it, I wouldn't have asked except I was in a lot of pain. We did the personal-care and I decided to just wait until the next morning to take a bath. I felt a lot better but I felt bad that I had to ask Rosa to do that when her son came down to visit from Sacramento.




Thursday turned out to be a really good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair. Robby and I took off for a cruise around Depot Park a couple times, he was having a good day. I came back and rested for a bit and then Dude and I took off for downtown to meet with Carol for my appointment at Abbott Square. I had a lot to say and it went by really fast. Heather met me down at Abbott Square and we decided to go to Mobo's for sushi, I haven't been there for a very long time but it used to be everybody's favorite. I had some miso soup, edamame, calamari roll, and a flying Tiger roll… It was so delicious! It was really nice to catch up! We said goodbye and Dude and I took off to cruise up and down the wharf a couple times before we headed home. Rosa came in and fed the boys and then put me to bed and then went home, I was still bummed about last night so I really just wanted to go to bed and be alone for the rest of the night. I listen to music, watch TV and played some games on the computer until I fell asleep.




















Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed in up in my chair and Robby and I took off for a cruise around Depot Park, his favorite place to cruise. We cruised back and rested for a bit while I talked to the guy that built the gate and Omar for a while. Joy came by and helped me out with Dude, he's getting really good on the agility course that I got him. Dude and I took off for a cruise down to the wharf and took some pictures. I cruised around until I got a message from Heather saying that she was headed down to Abbott Square, it was her and her wife's anniversary. My body was getting really uncomfortable and I don't know why I started sweating and then the cold air was making me really uncomfortable. I met Heather down at Abbott Square and we found one of those standup heaters, that helped a lot. Everybody was starting to show up but it was getting time for me to go, I was feeling really miserable and I was so cold I didn't know how I was going to make it back home but I did. I wanted to turn the heat way up because it felt like that would be the only way to feel better but then I would just sweat more… I took a lorazepam and a couple of Benadryl and just had Sara heat up my pillow in the microwave about every 10 minutes after she left I had my mom do a one or two times and then I finally fell asleep. When I don't feel good all I want to do is go to sleep until I feel better, I woke up about 2 AM and felt much better.




Saturday was a nice relaxing full day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and I decided to stay in bed, it was going to be another cold day and I already feel like I'm coming down with something. I need to stay in and drink a lot of water, I think part of my problem last night was a bladder infection… I've been without my automatic leg back into your for so long and I'm used to trying to not drink so much water. Cindy put away a lot of the Christmas decorations and I pretty much slept all day, I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight. The Woofpack came to get Robby for puppy playgroup, he was so excited to go! Sara came in and agreed to go to the store for me to get a few things. She got me something to eat and then went home after she brushed my teeth and wash my face. I just watch TV until I fell asleep.

Sunday was another nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and the first thing she said was "it's freezing out there"… That's all I needed to hear and I decided to stay in bed. I think I'm getting sick so the last thing I need is to go out in the cold, as it is I was freezing on Friday night and I just haven't been able to shake this chill. Most of the day I just watch TV but I was looking around on Facebook and I found a Van Sant airport in Pennsylvania. I was sending people in my family messages and I have a niece name Deziree Van Sant so without looking I included her and she wrote back and said this is not my family. It's not a very common last name so I started looking people up on Facebook, I even stole some pictures of the hangar because it has the last name on it. Sara was going to come in at 4 PM but then texted me and said she wouldn't be able to come in until 5 PM, I have my mom feed the dogs because I feel bad making them wait another hour. Sarah said she would go to the store for me and pick up some groceries when she gets here. my aunt came over to tell me about Rich's latest adventure, I swear something always happens to this poor guy… He just can't catch a break. Sara came in, she was supposed to be here at 4 p.m. but she texted me and said she wasn't going to come in until five and then texted me again and said she wasn't going to come in until 6 PM, I asked my mom to come down and feed the dogs because they just shouldn't have to wait that long. She went to the store for me and got me some groceries and then came back and fed me and washed my face and brushed my teeth and then left. I watched TV until I fell asleep.






1 comment:

betty said...

Wow, wonder if you'll find out some more info about that Van Sant airport, Tammie. You are right, its not a common name. I hope 2020 is a good year for you! Happy New Year!

betty