Wednesday, January 15, 2020

2020 is here…

Monday was a pretty good day in the end. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and then we started with the program, it didn't go so well… I've been taking a lot of Pepto-Bismol and after singing the song over and over in my head this morning it dawned on me that it's for diarrhea so it probably causes constipation, For some reason whenever I even think about being constipated I get an anxiety attack, I started sweating, getting really warm, I could feel my heartbeat and I had a lot of spasms. Luckily Karen knows how to tame the wild beast tummy. She worked her magic and then I got to take a nice long hot bath, unfortunately, we had to do everything in the bed because somebody didn't put the ceiling lift back on the charger and it was dead. After my bath she got me dressing up in my chair, it was already 2:00 PM so I thought about staying in bed but I'm going to be stuck in bed tomorrow so I better get up… Dude and I both are getting a little cabin fever. I talked to Omar for a while and then Robby and I cruised over to and around Depot Park a couple times, no Rafael… I wonder if you got transferred to another spot? It's kind of a small city so I'm bound to find out something about him sooner or later. We cruised back home and rested for a bit and then I took Dude out for cruise up and down the wharf and the boardwalk taking pictures of all the decorations coming down, it really looks sad and vacant everywhere. We cruised around until I got a text from Rosa saying that she was on her way to my house to put me to bed. She fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me, I finished eating just-in-time for my uncle, my aunt, Claudia, my mom and Kelly came over to play cribbage. My mom was my partner and we won four dollars, it was a good night! I watched a couple of episodes of fear thy neighbor and then fell asleep.

































 Tuesday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy has the morning off and Karen has another client over the hill so Rosa said she would come in and feed the dogs and get me something to eat, she fed the dogs and made me something to eat but I was asleep and she didn't want to wake me up so she left it in the refrigerator… Such a sweet lady! I messaged the Woofpack to see if they would take Dude for puppy playgroup with Robby and they said yes! I'm so excited because now I don't have to worry about Dude getting antsy, he has so much fun when I let him go and they have the most amazing yard! My mom brought me some oatmeal and coffee, it's going to be a great day. I can relax knowing that my boys are having a good time. I wonder how Robby likes having his little brother tagging along on his playgroup? One of the ladies that run the place sends me pictures and they are so opposite, Robby likes to lay around and look over there gorgeous little guy and Dude runs around the yard like a crazy dog with anybody who will run with him. I watched TV, listen to music and just enjoyed having my room to myself all-day. The day went by way too fast and before I knew it I heard the front door open and here come the puppies, all wound up from a fun day and ready-to-eat. My mom took him outside to let them go potty and we just hung out until Rosa came in. She fed the boys, put me to bed and fed me and then she took off. She seems to be a little bit more rushed, frustrated and in a hurry these days. I watch TV and listen to some music for a while until I fell asleep.







 Wednesday was a great day. Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing massage, it was so relaxing I think I slept through most of it. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I think I'm fighting a UTI again. She got me dressed enough in my chair and Dude and I went out for a nice long cruise, I usually take Robby first but he has an appointment at 4 PM so I'm going to take Dude first. We cruised up and down the wharf a couple of times and then back home. I rested for a bit and Robby and I cruised over to the vet, he's got a couple of unexplained bumps… One on his ear and one underneath his chin that he is constantly rubbing and scratching. The one on his ear has been removed before but he keeps scratching and rubbing and it opens back up again. the doctor put him on antibiotics and I'm going to go back in a week or two and have them both removed, she said as dogs get older they get lots of lumps and bumps… I remember the lab across the street had them everywhere. We cruised back home and hung out for a while until Rosa came in, She fed the boys, put me to bed and then fed me. She buzzed around for a little while and then left, she started to drive a little bit and you can tell she loves it… She doesn't necessarily like driving but she likes the freedom of going wherever she wants whenever she wants. I watched some TiVo and edited pictures and the next thing I know I was out.














Thursday was another good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys, fed me and got me dressed it up in my chair. Robby and I took off for a cruise around Depot Park a couple of times and then came back. Dude and I took off through downtown to my appointment with Jessica to get my hair did, it was cold but at least it wasn't raining… It looks like it was going to try to rain a couple of times. We cruised on home and hung out in the yard for a while until Rosa came in to feed the boys, put me to bed and then feed me. It's nice to be able to get out again, it was raining for a while and just too cold and there's a lot of people getting sick… I don't want to be one of them. When it's cold like this I have a pillow that you can put in the microwave for three minutes and it feels so good around my neck, I think my caregivers get tired of heating it up for me but it really helps. It has a nice relaxing smell when you put it in the microwave. I started watching a series called You, as I'm watching it it dawns on me that I have seen this before… Karen recommended it. After a couple of episodes, I remember Karen saying that it was a series on lifetime but now they finally doing a second series, I binge-watched the first series it in one night and I think I'm going to do the same thing tonight. I fell asleep during the last episode of the first season.













Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys and then we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot relaxing bath. She got me dressed in up in my chair and Robby and I took off for a nice little cruise around Depot Park, I finally found some non-grip slippers for Robby so it's easier for him to get around and it seems to help a lot. I look at Robby sometimes and it really breaks my heart to see how old he is getting, I think about the great years that we've had but I'm not ready for them to and yet. I don't want him to be in any pain or discomfort at all and I'm certainly not ready to let him go. That's going to be a hard day but an easy decision if he's in any kind of discomfort. We came back and rested for a bit and then I took Dude out for a cruise around the ballpark to wait for Joy, she was going to meet me at the ballpark. While I was tilting back waiting for Joy I heard somebody say "hello" I looked up and saw a Rafael, I just about leaped out of my chair I was so excited and said "hi!!"… Way to be calm and cool. I saw spray can in his hand and I said: "are you taking the place?" He thought about it for a minute and then laughed and said no I'm just trying to get some marks off of the light poles and I don't want the smell to waft over to you". We talked about a couple more not really important things and I moved out of his way and he kept on spray painting the pole. Joy came and we took a little cruise and then came back. She went on her way and Dude and I took off for a cruise up and down the wharf and then back home, it's still kind of cold. Sara came in early and took me over to Safeway to get some prescriptions, lunch meat and cheese. We came back home and she fed the boys and put me to bed, she's having another bad weekend so she went on home and I spent the rest of the evening editing pictures and listening to music.

Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and it just looked cold outside so I decide to stay in bed and relax. I messaged the Woofpack to see if they would take Dude and he could spend the puppy play date with Robby, they said they would. I felt so much better staying in bed knowing that the boys are out having a great time. Sarah came in and fed the boys and then fed me and then took off. It's kind of nice having a lot of time in the evening to relax and unwind, especially since it's so cold outside. I watch TV until I fell asleep.

Sunday was a really nice day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me and got me dressed it up in my chair. I took Robby out for a nice little cruise around depot park a couple times, we came back and rested for a bit and then I took Dude for a cruise up to the lighthouse on Westcliff to meet my friend Julie and her ASL group, they were having a support walk for one of her clients and she invited me along. It was such a nice group of people, so caring and watching out for everybody else... I don't know how many people were there but there was a lot. We cruised down Westcliff towards Natural Bridges Beach, I used to cruise down Westcliff Drive every day and I don't anymore and I don't know why because it was so beautiful. I remember thinking to myself "I need to start cruising down here again". We cruised back down and waited at the lighthouse for a while to see if anybody else would show up, the Pacific cookie company had brought a couple of boxes of cookies to hand out but it seems like everybody congregated at Natural Bridges or just went home because nobody came back. It was really nice to see Julie and her therapy dog Kona. Dude and I cruised back home, Sara was going to come in early and take me grocery shopping but she wasn't feeling good and got a late start so instead of going back out in the cold I just had her put me to bed and she went shopping for me after. The rest of the night I worked on my blog and edited my photos while listening to music, it was a great day followed by a nice relaxing evening.







































1 comment:

betty said...

It is always sad when Christmas decorations are taken down; you are right, Tammie, things look empty when they are removed. That walk looked like it was a good one for a great cause!

betty