Monday, December 2, 2019

Thanksgiving week…

Monday was a pretty good day. My mom and Stanley took off for Oregon last night so I got the whole house to myself. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys and fed Penny upstairs, I'm hoping she'll stay upstairs but I have a feeling she's going to want to come down here where everybody is. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and Karen got me dressed in up in my chair. Robby and I took off for a nice little cruise around Depot Parker a couple of times, it started to get really cold. We cruised back and rested for a bit and then Dude and I took off for cruise through Depot Park down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and then home. I tilted back and watch TV for a while until Rosa came in to feed the hungry crew and put me to bed and then feed me. My uncle, my aunt, Claudia and I played cribbage. I started out with five dollars and ended up with only one. I watched TV for a while until I was out.























Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy agreed to stay with me here at night while my mom was in Oregon. She has to get up early and take her mom to work and then come back. She fed the hungry crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. Robby went off to his puppy play date and we took off to Safeway to pick up some prescriptions and then to Champion bakery to get my lemon and buttermilk pie, every year at Thanksgiving the lady who sold my house to me buys me a pie… It's been almost 9 years and she still doing it and I'm still loving it. We decided to stop and have some coffee and I had a blueberry scone, I shouldn't have because I'm trying to stay away from bread and I'm sure it has eggs in it but I just couldn't help myself. She brought me back and then took off, I was going to take Dude out for a cruise but it was just too cold so I decided to stay home, turn the heat up and just watch TV until Rosa came in… It was nice and relaxing. Rosa came in and fed the hungry animals and then put me to bed and fed me, I watch TV for a while but then the electricity started shutting off and coming back on… Thank goodness I have a generator. Rosa closed all the drapes on the porch and propped everything up because the wind was really bad. I was just about asleep when Rosa left and Cindy came in, I talked to Cindy for a little bit and then we went to sleep.

Wednesday was a nice relaxing day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage, I slept the whole time. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then we did some personal care and a nice relaxing long hot bath. I'm starting to get a pressure sore on my bottom so again I'm going to stay in bed and take it easy. I pretty much just watch TV, listen to music and slept the day away. Rosa came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me. She cleaned up a little and then left. I decided to watch the movie Hustlers, it was pretty good. I started at trial with Disney + and I also watched the new Lady and the tramp and the new Dumbo movie, I think I'm going to love this channel. I watched until I fell asleep.

Thursday was a really good day, Thanksgiving! my cousin Debbie, her family and her brother Kevin were going to try to come down but there was a lot going on so they didn't. Karen came in and fed the furry crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf and then down in front of the boardwalk taking some pictures… The clouds and the waves were so gorgeous! I came back and rested for a bit and then took off with Dude, for some reason I decided to take him without his vest… I've never done that before but I didn't think that I would get too far because of the rain so I didn't and I was sorry. I wasn't able to cruise down the wharf or in the boardwalk because I didn't have his vest but I got some pretty nice pictures anyway. I came back home and everything was set up in my room for Thanksgiving, we were going to have it up on Bear Creek Road at my cousin's house but it was raining and the wind… We decided it is best to just have it here. My cousin was sick so he wasn't able to make it so it was just my uncle, my aunt, my cousin, and her husband and the couple that used to live at the end of the block. The food was amazing, we had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, yams, stuffing, and rolls… For dessert, we had a pumpkin pie, lemon buttermilk pie, and a lalaberry pie. At first, I ate just a little plate and that was perfect but then I decided to go in for a second plate because I don't get to have stuffing that much. We hung around and chatted for a while and then Karen came back over to put me to bed, Rosa one of the evening off so Karen volunteered. She put me to bed and I edited pictures and tried to catch up on my blog until I fell asleep.






























 Friday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I would've preferred to stay in bed because it's starting to get cold but it looks like were going to have at least a week of rain so I need to get up while I can to take these poor boys out for a cruise. She got me dressed in up in my chair and Robby and I went out for a cruise, he's feeling really good these days so I want to make sure he gets a nice stretch. I came back and rested for a bit and then Dude and I took off for a nice little cruise, the clouds were beautiful and the weather wasn't too cold so we got in a nice little cruise.  All of a sudden when I got over to the boardwalk there was just a downpour and I had to duck underneath the eaves at the Coconut Grove, Karen said she could have her husband come and get me but I said just wait a minute and see if there's a break. There was a break so we took off and came back and Karen fed the crew, put me to bed and fed me. I went to bed early because it was starting to rain and I got stuck out in the rain twice already this week so I don't want to get the flu. it was nice to be nice and warm in my bed and just watch it pouring outside. I watched some TV, listen to music and edited pictures until I fell asleep.




















 Saturday was another relaxing day. The start of the seven-day torrential downpour, it looks like I will be staying in bed a lot lately. Cindy came in and fed everybody and got me dressed in up in my chair, I wanted to stay in bed but my cousin's daughters were coming over to get some Christmas decorations. As it turns out there was only six boxes brought here, it was raining so hard Omar couldn't get anymore. So I wasn't able to give him that much, I think mostly they just want ornaments. After they came over and look through the stuff I was willing to get rid of Karen came over and fed the hungry fur babies, put me back to bed and then fed me. I watched another movie with the girls and then they headed home, I stayed and watched more TV and edited my pictures. Now that I have Google glass and go pro taking a lot more pictures and editing a lot more pictures so it seems to take a lot longer. Eventually, I fell asleep.

Sunday was more major rain. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me I decided to get up because I didn't know when my next chance would be, I thought there would be a little break so I could at least take Dude out for a cruise. Sara came in and since it was so cold I have been craving Pasole so Sarah went to go get some for me, it was just what I needed. After Sarah left I watch TV for a while and fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Your Thanksgiving sounded nice, Tammie! We had a quiet one but had a family get together a few weeks back. I just did a simple turkey breast in the crock pot and made green beans, stuffing, and chicken rice. I made the Stove Top stuffing in the microwave because I didn't have enough pots between the green beans and rice, LOL, and it came out so good that my son must have had 6 helpings of it! Wow, you guys have been getting a lot of rain too! We had rain the night before Thanksgiving and some on Thanksgiving Day. Even had 3 tornadoes touch down in parts of Phoenix (none close to me).

betty