Sunday, December 29, 2019

The week before Christmas…

Monday was a good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and we did some personal care at a nice long hot relaxing bath, it has been so cold outside and I just can't seem to get warm. Karen got me dressed in up in my chair and Robby and I went out for a cruise, he was feeling really good today so we circle Depot Park two times before we came back… I just love his good days! I came back and rested for a bit and then Dude and I took off for a cruise over to the wharf, I just can never get enough of the ocean… It is just so beautiful! We cruised back and hung out for a while until Rosa came in, she fed the fur boys and then put me to bed and fed me. She buzzed around and helped me decorate a little bit before she went home. My uncle, my aunt, Fred, Claudia, my mom and I played cribbage, Fred was my partner and we lost three dollars… We started out with five. I was really tired and fell asleep right after everybody left.













 Tuesday was another pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair. The Woofpack came to pick up Robby for his puppy playgroup. Cindy took dude and me over to Costco to get a few things and ended up getting a few things more, that's how it always goes with me at Costco. I thought my dentist's appointment was at 1 PM but as we were leaving Cosco, at 12:30 PM the dentist's office called and left a message on my cell phone asking if I was on my way… I guess my appointment was at noon. We zoomed over in the dental technician that usually cleans my teeth was gone so Dr. Villa ended up cleaning my teeth, he's such a nice guy! It wasn't raining when my appointment was over so I decided to just cruise home with Dude by way of the wharf… I just can't go a day without looking at the ocean. I made it home just in time before it started raining. I watched TV for a while until Rosa came in, she fed the crazy boys and put me to bed and fed me. I watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.






















 Wednesday was another good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage, it seems like lately, I've been sleeping through them but it still feels good. My neck and my shoulders are so stiff from this cold weather. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, lately, I've been having problems with bloating in my stomach… I think it's nerves because I'm on that low fodmap diet that hardly lets me eat anything. My aunt gave me a ride over to my appointment with Jessica to get my hair done, it wasn't supposed to rain today but it just poured… It's always nice to see Jessica I talked to her for a bit, While we were waiting for my aunt we put my sweatshirt on Dude I took some pictures. After my appointment when it came and picked me up but I just came back home and watch TV until Rosa came in. She fed the boys that put me to bed and fed me, she buzzed around it did some more cleaning and took some pictures outside before she went home. I watch Dr. Phil until he fell asleep.










 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise up to and around Depot Park a couple of times, we were both so glad to be out and about and Robby was in a really good mood. We cruised back and I rested for a bit and then Adela switched the dogs for me so I could take Dude out for cruise downtown to meet Carol at Abbott Square. The hour went by really fast so after we cruised through town a little bit, it has really changed and cleaned up a lot down here. I haven't been going downtown very much but I think I'm going to start again, there's always something going on. Dude and I cruise down to the end of the wharf a couple of times. We cruised back and rested for a while until Rosa came in. I'm looking forward to getting to bed early because my cousins will be here tomorrow, I am so excited! It's the first time we have all gotten together and celebrated Christmas, my cousins were raised Jehovah's Witness. Rosa came in and fed the hungry boys and then put me to bed and fed me. She buzzed around for a little bit to make sure everything was clean and vacuumed before my family comes, she is really good about that! I edited the pictures while listening to music and then fell asleep, I have been sleeping really good lately and I love it! I feel so much better and I have so much more energy.







Friday was a really exciting day. I'm finally getting my electric gate put in, I've been having problems trying to open my driveway gate for a while… It will be so nice to be able to get in with no problems. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, it felt really great! The guys got here to install the gate and I felt bad we had to make them move a couple of times but they were super sweet. Robby and I took off for a cruise around Depot Park a couple of times and then back home, I kept checking in to see if my cousins were here yet. I took dude out for a short cruise and well I was coming back I saw Kelly's car turn around but their windows are so tinted I didn't see who was with her… It was Kevin! I'm so excited he was able to come and I can't wait to start the Christmas fun! I wanted to get all these games and projects so we could have fun but I figured I better wait and see if they actually want to do all this stuff before I get it, usually I get a bunch of stuff and we end up having a good time just sitting around and reminiscing. Debbie, Steve, Carmen, and Cameron showed up a couple of hours later… It was so awesome to just sit around and talk with them, we haven't all been together for 20 years. When we were younger we were all really close but as we grew up and went our separate ways we didn't keep in touch until Facebook came around. Everybody was exhausted so we decided to order pizza and what a great idea, and trying to stay away from pizza but I do love their salads and the hot wings! Sara came in and fed the boys and then put me to bed and got me some pizza, one slice… Even though I wanted more, And some salad and hot wings. but hot wings are really really hot but I love the flavor until about five minutes after I eat it and then my lips start burning uncontrollably. We watch TV for a while and then slowly one by one everybody left to go to bed, I think I fell asleep before the last couple of people left my room.




























Saturday was an awesome day! I couldn't wait to get up and spend the whole day with my cousins! Cindy came in and fed the furry boys and then fed me, we could hear Penny meowing at the door… She wants to eat as well. We visited for a while and then decided to go out to eat at Laila's downtown, everybody that comes to visit I like to bring them there and so far nobody has disliked it, the food is amazing! We cruised back and hung out in the living room chatting until Rosa came in. She fed the starving pups and then put me to bed, I was really tired. Steve, Debbie, Cameron, and Carmen came in to watch a movie with me… Actually a series. Of course, I fell asleep a couple of times and every time I looked over somebody else and went to bed and when I finally woke up Cameron was the last one in here and he was on his way out… Needless to say, I was out right after he left and slept all the way through the night.












































Sunday was another really great day. We did a lot of running around, shopping for food for the next three or four days. We went over to Costco so of course, we got enough food for an army. My uncle, my aunt, and my mom were going to go up on the hill and have Christmas dinner with Rich and the girls. We decided to make enchiladas tonight, lasagna and garlic bread Christmas Eve and we got a standing ribeye roast, a blue cheese wedge salad, and au gratin potatoes. I didn't get to use my Google Glass or my GoPro. After we came back from shopping I rested for a bit until Sara came in, she fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me. Cameron and Carmen came in and watched Dumbo, it was really good and I only fell asleep for a couple of seconds. One by one they got tired and went off to bed and I was out shortly after that.

1 comment:

betty said...

I too like looking at your ocean pictures, Tammie! Dude looked cute in the sweatshirt. Looked like fun times with your family and my gosh, your menu for Christmas and Christmas Eve, delicious!!

Happy New Year!

bettu