Thursday, December 12, 2019

After Thanksgiving, torrential poor for several days…

Monday was another relaxing day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot relaxing bath. She put me back to bed and although I wanted to try to sleep the rest of the day I watched about five episodes of a 90-day fiancé. I edited pictures the rest of the day until Rosa came in, I told her daughter Cindy that I was craving Pasole so Rosa brought me some for dinner, such a nice surprise! My uncle, my aunt, Claudia and I were supposed to play cribbage but I wasn't feeling well and I didn't think I could keep my eyes open. I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy was here, she has been staying here at night since my mom left. She came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me and got me up.  the Woofpack came to get Robby and Omar came to start decorating for Christmas, I can't wait! I had an appointment with my primary care, Dr. Owens. It was a follow-up from a month ago, I did or found out about most of the suggestions that she made last time. We left and we were early for our next appointment so we decided to go check out what they had at Target, I love that place! I didn't want to get too much because I haven't unpacked my decorations from storage to see what I have or need but of course, I did buy a couple of things, I just couldn't help myself. It gave me some ideas for when Debbie and her family come down, we were talking about getting matching pajamas to take pictures and I saw some gingerbread house kits and I thought it would be fun to make gingerbread houses. And there were a couple other ideas that I got while I was there. We left and Cindy took me over to my appointment with Jennifer for my facial. I had a bunch of machines that I got to use on my face, microdermabrasion and stuff like that so I brought it over to see if Jennifer could use it or if she could find somebody who could use it. Of course, their stuff is really high-tech but she suggested donating it to a women's shelter, I thought that was an awesome idea! We left and came home and I was going to take Dude out for a little cruise but it was just too cold and I was ready to go to bed. I watch TV until Rosa came in to feed the hungry crew, put me to bed and then feed me. Trish came over to watch another episode of the marvelous Mrs. Meisel, we are almost done with the second season and it's almost time to start the third. She laughed and then Cindy came in and took the boys out, I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Wednesday was another long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry critters and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, my stomach has been bothering me so it took us up until 2 PM and I was exhausted so I just stayed in bed… By that time it was raining also. I watch Dr. Phil for a while and listen to Christmas music, and always makes me in a better mood until Rosa came in. She fed the critters and then fed me, it seems like the last couple days I've just been eating crackers and soup… Thank goodness Heather makes the best soup in the world. I watched TV for a while and then drifted off to sleep.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Thursday and the weekend are my favorite days because I'm actually up before 10 AM, the other days we have to do with personal care and a bath and I'm not usually up until 12:00 PM or one1 PM. Karen came in and fed the hungry fur babies and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair. The sun was out and although it was cold it was a beautiful day. Robby and I took off for a cruise around the ballpark a couple times, Robby seemed to be in a really good mood and was wanting to go a little faster today...we still took it easy but just went on a little longer cruise. We cruised back and I rested for a bit before I grabbed Dude and we took off downtown for my appointment with Carol at the Abbott Square, Karen told me that they had Beignets… I remember when we took our trip from Santa Cruz to Florida in 2012 we stopped in New Orleans and had these and they were awesome! But now they have them down at Abbott Square and they opened up a new sushi restaurant, Carol said she went in afterward and they were actually from Japan and I guess she was there for a while so she said she talked to them for a while and they know what they're doing... I can't wait to try both of these. After my appointment dude and I cruised down to the wharf to take some pictures of the beautiful clouds, we cruised over to the boardwalk to take some more pictures of the beautiful decorations and the waves… I decided to take the elevator upstairs, usually, I'm afraid to go by myself because I don't want Dude to get stuck in the door or God forbid on the other side of the door. I got in okay but then after the doors closed I was unable to reach any of the buttons, I started getting really warm and panicky. After maneuvering around I decided I was either going to hit the button and make the door open and get out of there or go upstairs and check it out anyway, I was able to reach the button for the second floor and I was so glad when it opened. I cruised around for a little bit and took some pictures and then I saw a guy waiting for his friend who went in the bathroom and I asked him if he could help me get down the elevator and told him the whole story, he offered to go inside and write down with me but I told him I would be okay… There still are some really sweet people in this world. We cruised around a little while longer and then came home and rested and watched TV for a while until Rosa came in. She fed the crazy animals, put me to bed and fed me. I listen to some Christmas music, watch TV and edited by pictures until I fell asleep.
















































































Friday was a little disappointing. I was really excited about getting up, the sun was out and it looked like it was going to be a beautiful day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. As she was putting me back to bed to get me dressed she said "who's going to put you to bed, Sarah wrote on the calendar that she requested today off" sure enough… She wrote it on the calendar but didn't tell me so I could write it on my calendar… Karen had plans so she wasn't able to put me to bed tonight so I guess I'm staying in bed today. Joy came by and took Dude out for a little cruise, which made me feel much better. It's been raining so hard and I think since Thanksgiving I have only been up about four days. I can't wait until this rain slows down a little at least during the day. I edited pictures, I only had pictures from my Google Glass which think goodness is still working because my go Pro camera was aimed a little too high so all I got was pictures of the sky every time I took a picture. Unfortunately, nobody was around, my aunt and uncle also had plans and were going for the day. Luckily Omar was in and out so he fed the fur beasts at 4 PM before he left. My aunt came over at about 6 PM and took them out again and then Cindy was here at 10 PM. I thought since the house was really quiet I would sleep good but I couldn't seem to fall asleep so I listen to Christmas music, watch TV and play games on the computer.

Saturday was another long day in bed. I decided not to get up because it was supposed to start raining at noon and rain for the next couple of days but of course the sun came out, hopefully, it will still start raining at noon so I will feel bad about staying in bed. Cindy came in and fed everybody and then we did some personal care and then she went running some errands for me, to the vet to pick up medicine, to the world market to get some hot chocolate mix, to a Mexican restaurant to get me some Pasole, it was so good last weekend I wanted some more… It's really good comfort food! And to Safeway to pick up my prescriptions.  Maria from the Woofpack message to me last night and said that was supposed to be a downpour today and they weren't going to have playgroup, she texted me this morning and said it was going to be nice and they were going to have it after all so I asked them if they would mind taking Dude… He really needs to get out and play! Since the cat has moved upstairs with my mom I don't feel so guilty about not letting her in my room and on my lap, that's where she seems to want to be all day but she makes me itchy and Rashi so I've been trying to keep her out of my room but since my mom is gone she keeps trying to get in here. She was in here yesterday because when Omar went outside she snuck out and was meowing at my back door and I felt bad she was out in the cold so I let her in. This morning I've been trying to keep her out of my room, Cindy has been helping me. I heard her meowing at the door so of course, I turned the music up and pretty soon I saw the door open a little bit and I looked up at the kitchen thinking it was Cindy but she was in the kitchen, pretty soon the cat jumped up on my bed and landed in my lap… How did she do that?? I decided to just take a couple of Benadryl and let her be in here. Omar came by today and yesterday and started decorating outside, I'm so excited and I can't wait to see it! I always feel so warm and cozy when there are Christmas decorations!

Another rainy Sunday. It has really been raining a lot, just the downpours. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me. I've been having to stay in bed a lot and it looks like next week is more of the same, not as much because of the rain but because I do not have a morning caregiver. I pretty much-watched movies on the Disney + channel, I love watching these movies! I slept on and off until Sara came in to feed the boys and then to feed me… By this time I'm already a little tired of staying in bed but it's better than being cold and wet outside. the rest of the evening was just more watching TV and thinking about what I want to do when I can finally get up and out in my chair again.

1 comment:

betty said...

Hope the weather has cooperated better for you, Tammie, and you have been able to get up and out again! Nothing frustrating than spending time day after day home because of the rain. Always looks so festive in your area with all the Christmas decorations!

betty