Wednesday, December 18, 2019

it's going to be a really long week…

Monday was a pretty good day. It's going to be a really long week, Karen is out and Cindy cannot fill in for her so it looks like I'm going to be stuck in bed all week except Tuesday and Friday, it sounds like a long time but I know I'm going to be stir crazy. Sara came in and fed the boys and then fed me. She opened some boxes that I got from Amazon, washed my face, brush my teeth and she was gone for the day. I just hung around and listen to some Christmas music and played some games on the computer. I didn't end up playing cards tonight because I needed to take a bath, we did the program on Sunday morning but didn't have time to take a bath so at least I'll be able to get up long enough to take a bath and then I will be refreshed and ready for a good night sleep I hope. Rosa came in and fed the boys and gave me a bath and then went home, it feels great to be nice and clean and lay in the bed all night and watch TV and just relax.

Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and after she fed the hungry crew fed me, got me dressed in up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby and I took Dude out for a nice little cruise to the wharf and back, the weather turned out to be really nice and I got some really good pictures. I came back and rested for a bit and then the CCI puppy playgroup started to show up, it is been really nice getting to know the people in the CCI puppy playgroup. There was a new lady from Scotts Valley who is a puppy raiser and she brought over a four-month-old lab/retriever puppy… So adorable! While the dogs played we chatted for a while and then it was time to go, it goes by so fast. After everybody left we loaded up in the van and headed off for my mammogram appointment. They wanted me to get a breast MRI but apparently, you have to lay on your stomach for an hour and I really don't think I could do that with my SP tube so they told me just to make sure I have a mammogram every year since I am high risk because of breast cancer in my family. After the appointment, we went to Safeway to pick up my prescriptions, while we were there I decided to get some tortillas and as we walked over to get them Cindy stopped me and said "he just peed" I turned around and said "Dude?" Usually, when somebody pees it's either Dude or something on my leg bag broke… UI was kind of relieved to find out it wasn't us. She pointed but I didn't see the guy, there was a guy with gray sweats and apparently, the whole backside of him was wet and he was dripping on the floor and you could just see the trail behind him. We stopped at the pharmacy so they could report and clean it up then just finished up and left. We stopped by and picked up Rosa and then came home. By that time Robby was here so she fed the boys, put me to bed and then fed me. She zipped around for a little bit and cleaned everything out, one thing I like about Rosa is she loves to straighten up every room… Sometimes I get frustrated the next day when I can't find something but I don't know what I would do without her. I had a lot of pictures to edit from the CCI puppy play date so I did that while listening to Christmas music until he drifted off to sleep.




































Wednesday was another relaxing day. Sara came in and fed the fur babies, fed me and then we open some boxes that came from Amazon. The company that I used to use that Shoppes for you is going out of business, I use them for all the heavy shopping that I do at Costco… Personal care supplies. I don't know what I'm going to do but I'm sure there is another company out there that can do the same thing, otherwise, I have to go to Costco and do it myself and I always and appearing back with way more than I need. I watched TV, listen to music, play games on the computer and just drifted in and out all day. Rosa came in and fed the hungry boys and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. For the first time in a while, I fell asleep right after she left.

Thursday was another relaxing day. I'm getting extra anxious but at least today is the last day for a while but I have to stay in bed, Karen will be back tomorrow and then hopefully it will be business as usual for a while. I'm getting a little nervous because I feel like I'm catching a cold and my neck is so sore, I keep getting really bad headaches and the only thing that makes it feel better is the rice bag from the microwave. I've been really cold all day and it just seems like no matter how much I turn the heat and turn up my blanket I just can't get warm. My stomach is really bloated. Sara couldn't remember if she was supposed to come in or not and when she did finally text me to ask me I was asleep, I finally did wake up and text her back and she came in to feed the boys and then to feed me and then she left. I listen to music most of the day, edited pictures and wrote in my blog. By the time Rosa came in, I was really miserable so I had her put me on my side for a while and it just wasn't getting better, we try some personal care and I don't think that was it so it must be my bladder. She has never changed my SP tube and she was really nervous about it, I was getting really cranky because I had a headache and chills. It seemed like to me that she was taking too long to do everything but I'm sure that's just because of this really bad headache, I guess what scares me the most is that you can have a stroke when you have autonomic dysreflexia. She went upstairs and got my mom and my mom walked her through changing the tube and after a while, I felt better. After Rosa left I was so exhausted I fell asleep and slept all the way through the night.

Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, she put me back to bed and got me dressed and up in my chair… I slept through all of this, I really wanted to stay in bed because I just feel wiped out but I haven't been up for a while and some fresh air will not only do me some good but also the boys. I took Robby for a cruise first, he was so happy and excited to get out. We cruised around Depot Park a couple of times and came back and rested and waited for Joy to come by, we got the agility tunnel out and got Dude to run through it a couple times and then my aunt came over to take me to my appointment at the foot Dr., I usually see Dr. Hurray but he had cataract surgery so he was out so I saw a different doctor. He was really nice. After the appointment, we drove back home and I took Dude out for a cruise over to the wharf and then over to the boardwalk. I forgot that when I get in my van it tilts my camera back so it faces the sky so I didn't get a lot of really good pictures but they were beautiful so I kept some of them anyway. Sarah came in and fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. I was still a little sleepy and it felt great to be back into bed, I watch TV for a while and fell asleep.














Saturday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby so it was just Dude and me for the day. We cruised up and down the wharf, a couple times, it was just a really nice atmosphere… The clouds were beautiful, the birds were happily flying around and everybody was in a good mood. I ran into a couple that was having a really bad day and they just wanted to hug from Dude, the lady was having problems with her son and the guy just lost his mother… The hug from Dude really cheer them up, he has that effect on people! We cruised over to the boardwalk and again cruised up and down a couple times and took some pictures, the weather was cold but it was so nice to be out I just didn't want to go home. Dude and I did 11 miles that day. We cruised on home and rested for a while before Sara came in to feed the hungry boys. She put me to bed and got me something to eat and then went home. The rest of the night was just relaxing, watching TV, listening to music and editing pictures until I fell asleep.



















































Sunday was a nice relaxing day. It was so nice to get out yesterday and I'm still a little chilled from it so I decide to stay in bed and rest. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me and decorated a little bit more, I think we are almost ready for Christmas. I watch TV all day long, listen to some music and edited more pictures. Sara came in and fed the boys and then fed me and left early again. My boss from when I worked at Xicor and I have been trying to get together online and play cribbage, I heard the strange noise and it took me a while to figure out it was her trying to get a hold of me through Facebook… I didn't even know you could video chat on Facebook. We try to set up the game but couldn't but it was nice to talk to her for a bit and catch up. I played games until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

I like all the pictures you take, Tammie, no matter what angle they might be taken! I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

betty