Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Thanksgiving is getting closer and closer…

Monday was a pretty good day. My pressure sore is healing nicely and I'm so glad to be up and out of this bed, the weather is perfect! Karen came in and fed the hungry fur boys and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed in up in my chair and I took off through downtown for my appointment with Jessica to get my hair did, I had to leave both boys behind because I was running late and because Dude had appointment with his veterinarian at three and I don't think I will be back in time so my aunts going to take him down there for me. I actually beat my aunt back but just barely, they said dude did have a yeast infection in his ears so they washed it out really good and gave me some medicine. Rosa came in and fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me, she did some laundry and cleaned up for a bit and then went home. My uncle, my aunt, Claudia, and my mom and I played cribbage until like 11 PM… Everybody went home and I cried about losing three dollars. I watched TV until I fell asleep.




Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then got me dressed and up in my chair, I didn't eat because I had an early appointment and I'm one to get something really yummy after. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Cindy took Dude and me over for my appointment with the gastroenterologist, it's time for my second colonoscopy… I'm not excited but let's get this over with. Last time, when I was 50, we had a miserable time and decided if we ever had to do this again we would check me in the hospital overnight. We talked about it and the doctor that did the consultation said she would try to find out if she can find anybody that does that, I guess they don't like to do that anymore. Personally, I really don't want to have to go into the hospital but I feel it will be the best way. We left and said you took me over to urgent care to find out about my ear, it's been really clogged up and we're trying to rinse it out but I don't think it's working, last week there was a big ball of wax and one Dude hair… Of course, I have an O-scope LOL. We were in urgent care for 2 1/2 hours so we didn't have time to go to Safeway and pick up my mom and my prescriptions, my old neighbor was going to beat me at 2:30 PM at my house, so Cindy went to take her brother to his appointment. I hung out with Jerry, my neighbor when I lived in San Jose before I moved here, it was really great to see him again. We try to keep in touch and never seem to run out of things to talk about when he's around, the years go by so fast now. He left and I came to my room to rest for a bit before Rosa came in. She fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me, while I was out all day thinking about food since I didn't eat breakfast because of my early appointment I decided I wanted to try some panda express… It was so good and so bad at the same time. Cindy came back to pick up her mom and we chatted for a bit before they left, what an amazing family! I watched the Big Bang Theory until I fell asleep.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long relaxing 2-hour massage, I needed that so bad! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby out for a nice cruise around Depot Park a couple of times. The guy from Bay area automatic gates came by to measure the gate in my driveway so they can replace it with an automatic gate, it will be so which easier for me to open. I took Robby out for a cruise around Depot Park a couple of times and then came back and rested for a bit. Dude and I took off for cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. Rosa came in and fed the boys and put me to bed and fed me, she buzzed around and cleaned up. Trish came over to watch another episode of the marvelous Mrs. Meisel with me and then left. I fell asleep pretty much right away.



























































Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair… Finally! A whole day to cruise around with the boys, no appointments or anything… Well except Carol and she is usually over with by noon and I get to cruise around the whole rest of the day. I took Robby out for a nice long cruise around the ballpark, which seems to be his favorite. I came back and rested for a bit and then Dude and I took off downtown to meet Carol at Abbott Square, it seems like no matter where we go everybody wants to stop and say hello and it makes me really uncomfortable because I'm supposed to be meeting Carol there for a session. Sometimes she will say something and then I feel really bad but we did go there for a reason. After my appointment with Carol Dude and I took off over to the wharf, we cruised up and down a couple times and then cruised over to the boardwalk and then home… It's starting to get a little cold and once I get cold I just want to go back home and turn on the heater and watch TV until my evening caregiver gets in. Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed and fed me. I signed up for Disney plus channel so I got to watch the new Lady and the tramp movie and the new Dumbo movie, it's a trial for a month but I think I'm going to like it. I listen to music and edited pictures until I fell asleep.







































































Friday was another great day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then we did some personal care in a nice long hot bath, what a great way to start your morning! She got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby for a cruise around Depot Park and back. I rested for a bit and Joy came in to help me set up an agility course for Dude, sometimes running around Santa Cruz just isn't enough for this crazy boy. We started out with the tunnel and he learned it really quick, I think this is going to be fun. After Joy left I rested for a bit and then took Dude out for a nice long cruise around Santa Cruz. We ran into Jimmy painting the carousel horses, on the way over to the boardwalk I was looking around at all the stuff that Jimmy paints, he's so talented and always has a really cool story. He's telling me about this new guy that he's working with, Jim used to work with his grandfather… I can't even imagine how awesome I would be to know both! We cruised around for a while and then came back and rested and waited for Sara, she is going to take me to my foot doctor appointment with Dr. Hurray… I always love seeing him because he is so cool. I have a couple of ulcers on the side of my foot and behind my ankle so he dressed it up and gave me some cream and said it looks like it will heal quickly. We came back home, stopped off at Burger. and I got some sliders and tater tots and a peanut butter milkshake, I'm probably going to be sorry in the morning but it tastes so delicious. She put me to bed and I was out.



 Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and I decided to just stay in bed and rest, it was really cold yesterday and after having an ear infection I didn't have my ear covered and I'm losing my voice. She did some laundry and cleaned up and then she left for the day. I tried to sleep most of the day, sometimes it's just really nice to lay in bed and sleep all day. I talked to my cousin Debbie, she and her family were thinking about coming here for Thanksgiving… The really busy moving and having a house built so pretty sure they won't have time but it was a nice thought. Maybe Christmas? My brother Stanley flew in from Oregon, he's going to spend a couple days and then fly my mom back to Oregon to visit for a while.

Sunday was another nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair. I love the fall… The different colors in the sky, the leaves, and the ocean! Stanley and I took Robby and Dude for a 3-mile cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf and down to the boardwalk. Still, he wanted to see the Christmas decorations, I went to take a picture of him by the Christmas tree but one of the security officers came over and told him that there were no dogs allowed on the boardwalk… YES!! I have been waiting so long for security to realize imposter dogs. After we brought Robby I took Dude for a nice long cruise back over to the boardwalk and of course saw 6 to 8 dogs on a leash with no vest, where was this guy?? I was getting a little excited thinking they were finally going to enforce the laws about service/nonservice animals. We headed over to the wharf and saw a bunch more dogs, dude almost got attacked about three times. We cruised over to the wharf to meet my mom and Stanley at Olitas for dinner. They had a persimmon, pomegranate, pumpkinseed, boar bacon, and mixed green salad so that's what I got and I loved it! Olitas Is upstairs at the wharf so as much as I hate to take the elevator the food is amazing and it's such a beautiful sunset so I'm glad I had to do it. After dinner, we cruised back and waited for Sara to come in. She put me to bed and I was a little late so that was pretty much all, wash my face and brushed my teeth. I didn't stay awake very long.





































































1 comment:

betty said...

So many pretty pictures, Tammie! Liked the Christmas decoration ones! My daughter in law has Disney Plus and the kids love it. I'm tempted to give it a try myself. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

betty