Saturday, November 16, 2019

Halloween is over and now it's time for Thanksgiving…

Monday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and got me dressed and up in my chair, she's been working every morning for almost 3 weeks and I bet she will be glad to have some time off when Karen gets back on Wednesday. I took Robby and went for a cruise through Depot Park, to the Santa Cruz wharf, to the boardwalk and back home. He has good and bad days but don't we all? We cruised back and rested for a bit and then I took Dude out for the same cruise only he can go on the wharf and the boardwalk. It's nice to be out cruising around again with the boys. We cruised back and hung out in the driveway for a while until Rosa came in. She fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I'm sure Rosa will also be glad to not have to do personal care and a bath at night. Halloween is over and all the decorations are coming down, I wonder if we will have time to celebrate Thanksgiving before everybody moves on to Christmas? I watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.



















 Tuesday was another pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby furnace puppy play date. I didn't get to eat breakfast or have any coffee because I had to go down to the lab to give some blood for my three month A1c. I like to go there early because most of the time you can get in and out of there before it gets too busy. After the blood work, we went to KFC and I got some popcorn chicken, corn and a biscuit… It was so good! We went over to the post office and mailed a duffel bag that Debbie had left here back to her. We came back and I took Robby down to Westside Animal Hospital for a checkup, tomorrow is his 12 birthday and he slowing down a little bit… He has good and bad days. I brought Robby back and hung out for a little while and watch TV until Rosa came in. She fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me. I'm still trying to figure out how to upload/download the pictures from the GoPro but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I edited pictures and listen to music until I fell asleep.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage, after doing personal care in the bed for almost 3 weeks my shoulders and my neck are killing me. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, it feels good to be back on schedule again. I really feel like it would be nice to stay in bed all day but it's Robby's birthday and he has another appointment at Westside Animal Hospital, I took him in yesterday for a heartworm test and thought I should bring them back in to get an overall wellness check. He's definitely getting slower and has more bad days than good but he still hanging in there, he loves his short little cruises around the neighborhood and his play dates with the Woofpack. I brought Robby home and took Dude out for a nice little cruise, we cruised downtown to check out the farmers market and ran into Shakti and her caregiver and of course for SD. I talked to them for a while and Blue came up to say hello to Dude and I talked to him for a little bit and then we cruised back home. Rosa was going to meet me there but she never got back to me so I didn't get anything I just hung out and listen to music. We cruised back home and Rosa fed the hungry dogs and then put me to bed and fed me. I think I was asleep before she left.

Thursday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the fur boys and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf, down in front of the boardwalk and then home. Dude and I took off for my appointment with Carol downtown at Abbott Square, I'm really starting to like it there and I go down there whenever I can't think of anything to do. We cruised over to the end of the wharf and back and then over to the boardwalk, it's nice cruising around now that it's not so crowded. The Wharf is already starting to take down the Halloween decorations and that means soon they will start decorating for Christmas at the boardwalk, they can't decorate the boardwalk for Halloween because of some weird religious thing but they really do it up for Christmas… Ice-skating rink and all. We cruised around and I took some pictures and then we cruised home, it was getting really cold and I just wanted to turn the heat up and watch TV until Rosa came in. Rosa fed the boys and then put me to bed and fed me, she cleaned up and vacuumed and I edited some pictures and tried to catch up on my blog. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.




















Friday was another great day. Karen came in and fed the boys and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and Robby and I took off for a cruise around Depot Park a couple times and then back home. Joy came over and we talked about some dogs and their bad behaviors. After Joy left I rested for a bit and then took Dude for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. The Halloween decorations are completely gone from the wharf now and they're starting to put up the decorations for Christmas at the boardwalk, they were just finishing up the ice-skating rink. It's kind of sad how we just go from Halloween to Christmas anymore, sometimes Christmas is out before Halloween but it looks like Thanksgiving is forgotten. We cruised back home and Sara came in to take me grocery shopping, feed the boys, put me to bed and then feed me. I was really tired and out shortly after she left.






























Saturday was a nice relaxing day. On my way home yesterday I turned my head wrong and I heard a huge pop and then my neck was hurting pretty bad so I decided to stay in bed and relax, the cold weather doesn't help. Karen came in, now Cindy is on vacation, and she put me on my side for a while and then set me back up and went home. I wish I could've slept all day but I didn't, I just watched TV and listen to music until Sara came in. She fed the hungry boys and then fed me and took off to her other job over the hill. I watch some more TV until I eventually fell asleep.

 Sunday was another relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then fed me. There wasn't much else to do since I stayed in bed and I really need to clean up my room, it's so messy and unorganized right now, but I'm just not into it today. I watched TV and listen to music all day… And caught up on my blog. I remember when I use to keep it up-to-date but these days it just seems like I'm trying to remember what I did all week and catch up on the weekends. Sara came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me, I really like having good food ready all the time… It's like I live in a restaurant. I watch TV for a while and then fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Wow I can't believe Robbie is 12 years old! Thanksgiving seems to be the forgotten holiday between Halloween and Christmas. I was dropping some leftover Halloween candy to a school for their fall festival yesterday and they had a Christmas tree already decorated in the school office!

betty