Monday, November 18, 2019

A couple of weeks before Thanksgiving…

Monday was another relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then we did some personal care and nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby for a cruise around Depot Park a couple of times and then home. After resting for a bit Dude and I took off for the wharf, the waves have been really beautiful lately. We cruised up and down a couple times and then cruised over to the boardwalk where they were still setting up for Christmas. We cruised up and down and then went home and rested a bit before Rosa came in. She fed the hungry pups and then put me to bed and fed me. I watch TV for a while and edited pictures, listen to music for a while and then fell asleep.
















































Tuesday was a nice relaxing day. Normally today would be the CCI puppy play date but since Cindy isn't here we rescheduled it for Thursday. Sara came in and fed the boys and then fed me… Wash my face and brush my teeth and then took off for the rest of the day.  The Woofpack came to get Robby for his puppy play date. It's probably a good thing that I stay in bed because I'm developing a pressure sore and I need to stay off of it as much as possible. I slept on and off most of the day and chatted with whoever happened to drop by that day, my aunt, Heather… Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me. She cleaned up and vacuumed a little bit and then she went home and I just watch TV for a while until I was gone. I did find a few movies that Google made out of some pictures I took.




Wednesday was not really a good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage and then Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. When I got out of the tub and she was dressing me to get up in my chair Adela knocked on the door and said that my mom had fallen again and my aunt was taking her to urgent care. Robby and I cruised around Depot Park a couple of times, I don't know where he gets all that urine but he just has to pee on everything. I brought do back and rest for a bit and then took dude and headed downtown to check out the farmers market. I ran into Shaki and her caregiver, they are both so sweet. She has a yoga class that she adapted for people with different abilities, I keep wanting to go but it's Friday at noon and I'm hardly ever up in my chair by that time. Trish texted me to see if I wanted to watch another episode of the marvelous Mrs. Meisel so after Rosa put me to bed and fed me and the boys Trish came over and we talked for a little bit and then watch TV. Rosa went home and after the program was over Trish went home so it was just me. I watch TV until I fell asleep. My aunt brought my mom back from ER and she had her arm in her knee wrapped up, she scraped her arm really bad and they couldn't get it to stop bleeding. It wasn't deep and she didn't feel any pain her skin is so thin that it just ripped. She's going to have to go back every couple of days to get it rewrapped and looked at to make sure it doesn't get infected.











Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair. Today is the CCI puppy play date and is much as Robby would love to hang out with everybody I think it would just be too rough for him… He's got arthritis in both his back legs. We usually have an on Tuesdays while he's that puppy play date. He stayed upstairs with my mom and we had a really nice turnout, there were about eight people and about seven dogs. The darks play for a while and then rested and then played for a while… We just sat around and talking. My friend Lisa and her SD Riggy came and I was so excited! I haven't seen them for a very long time and it was really nice to catch up and nice for her to get to know everybody in the group… I hope she can come more often. The play they ran a little bit longer than we thought so I had to call Joy and reschedule with her. We came in and rested for a bit and then Rosa came to put me to bed and feed the boys. I was really tired, I still get a little stressed and anxious whenever we have the playdates because I want everything to go perfect… Today while one of the people in the chair came through the gate two dogs got out and luckily they ran to the left because if they would've run to the right they would run out to a busy busy street. Were going to have to think of some way where that will not happen again. I have a gate guy coming next Wednesday to see if he can help me figure out a way to get through my gate easier. I added pictures and looked for other pictures that some of the people from the group had posted and eventually fell asleep.























Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then fed me. we did some personal care and then a nice long hot bath and I was so relaxed I just decided to stay in bed again, the pressure sores getting better but it still there. I watch TV and I listen to music and played games on the computer until Sara came in and fed the boys and then went to the store to pick up some prescriptions for my mom and me. She got me something to eat, washed some clothes and put them outside and then left. I listen to some music until I fell asleep.

 Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the crew, fed me and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise around Depot Park a couple of times but we ended up coming back home because there was a bunch of police cars and I was afraid to go through. I ran into my neighbor Mark and he said that while they were fixing the bicycle ramps at the ballpark the welder kicked out a spark and lit the hillside on fire, he also said that they tried to blame it on the homeless people in the area. I bought Robby back and rested for a bit and Cindy took me over to my appointment with Jennifer to get my facial, my face is so fuzzy. I took Dude out for a nice long cruise up and down the wharf a couple times and then over to the boardwalk and down to the end and back, it's really beginning to look like Christmas. We cruised back and rested for a bit before Sara came in and fed the boys and then put me to bed. It's too bad I have to go to bed so early because it's a beautiful day out. I listen to a book on tape until he fell asleep.

Sunday was another nice relaxing day, I'm hoping this is my last day in bed because I'm going crazy! Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me. We cleaned up my room a little bit, Cindy brought in some of the roses for my driveway, they are so beautiful!! while my aunt took my mom back to the doctor to get her bandage on her arm changed again, the doctor said it looks like it's healing nicely. I watch TV, listen to music, dozed on and off and play games for the rest of the day. Sara came in and fed the crew and then fed me and then went off to her other job over the hill, I don't know how she does it. I caught up on my blog and watched my TiVo programs that are backing up for a while until I fell asleep. Since my mom hurt her arm my aunt has been coming over at night to take the boys out at 11 PM and put on my CPAP machine. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.








1 comment:

betty said...

Such pretty roses!! Hoping your mom's arm makes a complete recovery!

betty