Friday, November 1, 2019

One Halloween party down and one to go…

Monday was a good day. Cindy came in and for the Boys and Girl and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair before she moved on to her other job. Robby and I took off work crews down around Depot Park and over to the wharf and back. The guys are done with the fence in front of my cousin's triplex and it looks really good! As I cruise around the sidewalks of Santa Cruz it sometimes gets very frustrating because people park the jump bikes right in the middle of the sidewalk and I have to take my dog and go out in the street to get around, I keep taking pictures but I don't know what to do with them… I looked on the website and it doesn't seem like they want any negative feedback LOL. I think there should be some kind of penalty if you don't lock the bike to a pole or bike rack when you're finished, I know it can't be easy but there's got to be something that we can do. We cruised back and rested for a bit and then I took Dude out for a nice long cruise, Robby and Dude are so sweet and always catching the attention of people because they are so darn cute and sweet. We came back home and waited for Rosa, she came in and fed the critters, put me to bed and then fit me. My aunt and uncle, my mom, Claudia, Kelly and I played cribbage… Kelly was my partner and we broke even. I tried to watch a little bit of TV but I was out after they left.









Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me, she got me dressed in up in my chair and I took Robby for a nice little cruise around Depot Park a couple of times… He has bad days and good days but I see the bad days seem to be more frequent. It was really really hot today, Cindy took me over to see Jennifer for my facial and thank goodness she has air conditioning and a really nice fan. After my appointment Dude and I went for a cruise over to the wharf to see if they had any more decorations and they did, it looks so awesome! We cruised back home and Rosa came in early so we could do some personal care and bath. She fed the hungry boys, the cat is mostly upstairs now so my mom feeds her. As usual, I was really tired after the personal care and then after the really relaxing bath, I was asleep before she was gone. My shoulders are already hurting from laying on my side so much but it has to be done.












Wednesday was a nice relaxing day, I decided to stay in bed and rest since I have family coming to visit for a whole week. Cindy came in and fed the boys and after she left I pretty much slept all day. Rosa came in and fed the boys and then fed me, helped with a little bit more decorating, swept and vacuumed the floor and did a little bit of laundry. Rosa left and I watched TiVo to try and catch up, the more I watch the more behind I get on watching. I don't think I really pay that much attention but I think I just have to have noise.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry boys and fed me before she headed off to her other job. I decided to stay in bed again because Rose is going to come in early and do some personal care and a bath, I really felt bad making her come in and work on her birthday but I just don't have anyone else and I can't go five days with no personal care. I ordered some pizza, salads, and wings but she didn't really eat that much… I don't know for family fun take her out later but my cousin and her family will be here tomorrow so I'm sure everything will get eaten. I also ordered her some flowers and I hope they're nice but I didn't get to see them, I know they were late. We were trying to do some personal care and I was also trying to watch the doors, Cindy took off the doorbells to be charged so there was no way of knowing if anybody was at the door unless we happen to look up and see them there. We did the personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath and Rosa went home and I went to sleep with the TV on.

Friday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the fellows and then fed me and got me up. I took Robby out for a nice long cruise, I kind of like doing the personal care at night because I can get up earlier in the morning and get out. We cruised through Depot Park… While we were at depot Park Rafael stopped and talked to me for a couple of minutes and that made my day, over to the wharf, over to the boardwalk where we ran into Russell and his dog Sparky. They are going to come to my Halloween party tomorrow, I know Russell but I have never met his wife her name is Lisa but he calls her Dixie… She worked with Rosa over at Sunshine Villa. I came back and rested for a bit and then Joy came in to help me write down some rules for guests when Dude is around. He's so smart and he knows what I want him to do but if he thinks my head is turned for a second he will find something to eat that he's not supposed and then be sick all weekend. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of Boardwalk and back and then home. It's like 86° and so hot, I hope it pulls down for my Halloween party tomorrow. Sara came in and put me to bed after she fed the boys and then she fed me. I'm so grateful to have all the food that Heather cooks because sometimes when my families here I don't eat like I should, I'm always sorry and have the best of intentions to follow a good diet but I rarely do. I remember when I was younger and I was super skinny and healthy and I can eat whatever I wanted but I was never hungry, now I'm always hungry and trying to stick to a healthy diet. I watch TV for a while, listen to some music and found a couple of new books on audible to listen to… I have hundreds already that I haven't listened to but I keep getting more and promising myself going to start listening to them at night to go to sleep. Most of them are biographies and self-improvement but I think I'm afraid to listen to self-improvement because I'm afraid it's not going to work and then what do I do? I didn't listen to any audiobooks again tonight, just watch TV and listen to music after Sara left. My cousin Debbie and her kids Cameron and Carmen came to spend a week and I'm so excited! They also brought their little brindle Frenchie Bosley, he is so adorable and such a good boy! They came in late and they were tired so is just a quick hello and see you tomorrow, Tom and Kelly came over and they ate the leftovers from pizza and visited for a while.


Saturday was a really nice day! My second Halloween party… The first one was for my CCI family and this one for my friends and family. I remember when I moved here about 10 years ago I would've never imagined that I would have a Halloween party or any kind of get together, other than family, at my house. The first couple of times I was so nervous, afraid nobody would show up or something would go really wrong but everything was great so I just keep on doing it. Cindy came in and after she fed the fur boys she got me dressed and up in my chair, I didn't want to eat anything because I knew there was going to be a ton of food later on. Debbie and I took Dude and Bosley for a cruise over to the wharf to take some pictures, they are so adorable! I wish we would've thought about putting Halloween costume on them. We came back and pretty much everything was done except plating and putting out the food, it looks amazing! It turned out to be a really nice day, all told there must've been 20 to 25 people and it was kind of spread out so there weren't too many people here at one time. Of course, we had way too much food and we didn't get around to any of the games were going to play for the pumpkin carving contest but everybody had fun visiting. It was my cousin Debbie's birthday so I got her cake. Everybody was gone by 6 PM and I was on my way to bed, I was exhausted. Sara put me to bed and then cleaned up a little bit, the only disappointing thing about the party is not a lot of people flung out afterward to help put stuff away. My GoPro wasn't working, it just doesn't work the same since that lady was hanging all over it at the concert and I wanted to save the battery on my Google cup glass so I didn't attach it to the external battery and I forgot so I really didn't get to take that many pictures… Luckily other people did and sent me a bunch. Debbie, Cameron and Carmen, and I watch the new version of IT until we were all too tired to even pay attention, I think Cameron and I made it to the end but I noticed myself dozing off a couple of times.





































Sunday was another nice day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then fed me. We did some personal care and a bath, it takes a while longer when we do it on the bed as opposed to the commode chair so it was 4 PM when we finished everything, Sara was supposed to come in but there really wouldn't have been anything for her to do anyways so I told her she could just stay home. We had lots of food leftover from the party so we just pretty much snacked all-day, snacked and visited. I slept on and off all day and then by like 10 PM I was out again.

1 comment:

betty said...

It looked like a nice party, Tammie! Halloween parties are always fun to see what people come dressed as. I do think it is unsafe to have those bikes parked in the middle of the sidewalk like you said. Not only for people in wheelchairs but just people walking. Seems like a big safety issue for me! We only had 30 trick or treaters last night. Way down from last year. Lots of leftover candy that thankfully hubby took to work today. I remember you moving into your house! I can't believe it was 10 years ago; but in looking back where we were living at the time was 10 years ago. Time flies.

betty