Wednesday, October 23, 2019

A very exciting week!

Monday was a really good day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal care in a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and Robby and I went for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf, down to the end of the boardwalk and back home again. I rested for a bit and then I took Dude for a nice long cruise, it's always the same cruise that I go with Robby except Dude can go on the wharf and the boardwalk… Robby doesn't have public access anymore but we still love our cruises together. As I was cruising back home a couple of bicycles came up beside us and I heard a voice saying "Tammie?" before she even took off her helmet I recognized who she was, Marie Stevens… She was the psychologist at Valley medical when I was first injured back in 95. I knew her mostly from the support groups but she also came around from room to room, she's the one that got me a Xanax pump but then had it taken away because I wasn't using it… Somebody moved it away from the bed so I didn't have access to the pump button. A couple of years ago I ran into her and her husband cruising on Westcliff Drive, a small world. She says next time she comes through town she's going to contact me so we can have lunch and catch up. I came back home and took some more pictures of my Halloween decorations and then rested for a while, my mom came down to feed the fur babies because my caregiver wasn't coming in until midnight… I'm going to a Michael Franti concert in Monterey with Trish, I'm so excited! Ever since I saw this guy and his band in concert a couple of years ago in Felton I have been hooked, they put on such a great concert and they're just amazing people. For the last couple of songs, he always brings a bunch of people up on stage and it's so adorable! I rested for a while and then Trish picked me up and we were on our way, she got her tickets earlier than I did but when I looked for tickets and asked for accessible seating it was right in the front row, I couldn't believe it! This is the second time I have seen his concert from the front row, the first time was at the Saratoga Mountain winery. This one was an older theater, it was so beautiful! He came down and gave me a hug and so did his lead guitarist, the next time he came down he grabbed my cell phone and took a bunch of selfies of him and me. We came back home and Sara came into put me to bed. I was so excited after I got into bed that I stayed up all night and edited pictures, I took pictures with both my Google Glass and Mike GoPro. While I was at the concert this very intoxicated nurse came up to me and said "I'm a nurse and I get you" she was hanging all over me and dancing all over me, as we're walking back out to the van Trish told me "I didn't know if I should come down and pull her off of you or just leave her alone. I said at that point it's probably better to have a happy intoxicated person hanging all over me rather than a pissed off intoxicated person. I told Trish that she got so close there's a chance I might be pregnant.









































































 Tuesday was a pretty good day.  Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby so Dude and I went for a nice long cruise around Santa Cruz. Omar and Cindy decorated for Halloween outside, Karen did the inside… It looks so amazing! Both Karen and Omar are going to be gone for a couple of weeks but thank goodness they will get everything done before they go on vacation. We cruised home and I took some pictures, I love love Halloween! Rosa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed. I edited pictures, listen to music, caught up on my blog and watch TV until I drifted off to sleep.
























Wednesday was another really great day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long two-hour massage, everything hurt but she got all the kinks out before she left. Karen came in, she's going on vacation tomorrow for 2 1/2 weeks to get married, we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and I decided to just stay in bed… I do that a lot on Mondays because I don't get up until noon or 1 PM usually. I watched TV and rested all day until Rosa came in, she fed the critters and then fed me. She is really been helping me out a lot lately, she has a new job and she's just so much happier… I love seeing that! She has always been super helpful but it's great to always see her in a good mood. I watched TiVo and listen to music until I fell asleep.

Thursday was another really good day. Cindy came in to feed the animals and get me dressed in up in my chair before she goes to her other job, it's going to be a busy couple of weeks for her but she's always so awesome about it… I don't think that girl has ever been in a bad mood! I took Robby out for a nice little cruise through Depot Park, down to the wharf, over to the boardwalk and back home. I rested for a bit and then Dude and I headed downtown to meet my therapist at Abbott Square, it has been and will be so nice I had a lot to talk about. It's always a little crowded and noisy but I love this place, we always managed to find a quiet little corner to have a session. Today there was this lady there with her little boy and when she came by her little boy like to climb along the rail. On top of the rail they put some rods that are different lengths and I see people when they go by and run their hand along them and it sounds really cool. After we met with Carol Dude and I cruise down to the wharf and they were starting to decorate, they do such great job and they're very creative… It's kind of fun cruising around the wharf and looking for all the hidden Halloween decorations. We cruised home and rested for a bit until Rosa came in to feed the fur babies and put me to bed. I watched TV until I fell asleep.







Friday was another great day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. Robby and I went for a nice long cruise through spooky Santa Cruz. We came home and rested for a bit and then I took Dude for a nice long cruise. My cousin has a triplex at the end of my street and he decided to put a white picket fence around it and it looks awesome! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done. We closed the Depot Park, down to the end of the roof and back a couple times and down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. Sara came in and took me over to the store to do some shopping and even though I wasn't really that hungry I still shop like I'm starving to death. We came back home and she fed the fur critters and put me to bed, she did some laundry while I watched TV and listen to music. I'm still learning how to upload the pictures on my GoPro, I wish my memory wasn't so bad. I'll get it.




















































Saturday was a really exciting day. Cindy came in and fed the fur crew and then fed me and got me dressed in up in my chair. Robby went to hang out with the Woofpack, it makes me nervous to have him around when we have a party especially when there's a lot of dogs because he has arthritis in his back legs and they tend to not be so careful with him. I took off for cruise while Omar and Cindy got everything ready. We cruised to the end of the wharf and back to see what they were doing with the decorations, and always looks so amazing! We cruised back home just in time for the party. We had a Canine Companions for Independence Halloween party and it was so much fun! My nieces Luana and Melia came over to help, they are just so adorable! They took all of the costumes out of the boxes and hung them on a rack so people could go through and pick which costume they wanted to use for them and their service dogs, had so much fun dressing up the dogs and taking pictures. We invited a lot of the people from the northern California chapter and just the right amount of people showed up, there were probably about 20 people in six or eight dogs… A perfect turnout! Everybody had a really good time and it was so nice to catch up with people I haven't seen for a while. The more parties we have the more I like people in the more comfortable I am. Sara came in at about 5 PM and everybody was starting to leave. What a fun day!



























































Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me and I decided to stay in bed and relax, crop and go through all the pictures we took yesterday. Listening to music and going through the pictures really made me happy! For some reason the last week or so I've had a lot of really hard spasms and stomach problems. I just went to have a physical and have a heart monitor on for two weeks, I can't wait to get this thing off because I'm allergic to most tapes but we have to tape it and then I have a couple of blisters but I know I can do it. My liver and kidney function is great and so is my blood sugar so I don't understand where the spasms are coming from. Since my injury, I haven't had a lot of spasms and it has been so nice because I hear people say how bad they can be. Maybe I'm just really anxious and nervous and I need my body to calm down for a couple days. I still have a whole list of things to do to complete the exam but I'm working on it. I have to go see the dentist, the foot Dr., get a breast MRI and another shot for my osteoporosis… I guess I'm about halfway there. It will be so nice when it's all over with. Sara came in and fed the critters, we've been feeding the cat upstairs and we even got her a cat Box because she seems like she likes to be in now more than out, she's getting really old. I went through some more pictures and caught up on my blog and got a little bit of watching TV in also. I love looking through all the photos, such great memories and such a good time.

1 comment:

betty said...

The party did look like fun, Tammie! So many cute decorations too for Halloween! Neat too about going to the concert! Congrats to Karen on her upcoming wedding.

betty