Sunday, October 6, 2019

In two weeks we can start decorating for Halloween…

Monday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and fed everybody and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I was so exhausted from the weekend that I slept through most of it. I decided to stay in bed but I knew as soon as Karen left I would be wide-awake and probably a little antsy. The tech came by from Numotion and put brand-new tires on the back of my chair and ordered a couple more parts for me. They have a new way of doing things back there and I don't get it but I was told to be patient and then it would all make sense and be better. I watched TV pretty much all day long. Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew and then got me something to eat, I'm hungry!

Tuesday was a miserable day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. Were going to go check out the Halloween store, Ross and target but I had a really bad headache, hot and cold sweats and I just wasn't comfortable so I had Cindy put me back to bed and I called Dr. Owen's office and see if we could take by a sample of my urine, I know it's a super bad UTI. I was feeling really bad and my mom had some antibiotics she didn't finish so I started taking those hoping it would just get better but it hasn't. They told me that I couldn't bring in a sample and in fact, I need to go to Dominican emergency because of the chair/SP tube… I told her I would just wait until tomorrow and she said she would send me an ambulance so Cindy agreed to get me dressed again and take me to emergency luckily it didn't take us very long to go through all the process and get seen by a doctor, I have heard nightmares of how long it takes. When we got in there I heard a voice say "hello Tammie" and I looked up and there was Kevin, the security officer from the wharf. They sounded like they wanted to admit me to the hospital for IV antibiotics but I somehow talked them into letting me take the antibiotics for a couple days and try to get rid of it and if not I will admit myself to the hospital. We got the heck out of there and went by Cindy's house to pick up Rosa. Rosa fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed and fed me, I am worn out. I watched TV until I remembered nothing else.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage, I slept the whole thing. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, she got me dressed and up in my chair and I took the boys simultaneously for a cruise around Santa Cruz. Andrew and Patricia came over to barbecue but I didn't have any propane, I can't believe it. I forgot that my nephew and his friends spent a lot of time out there and everything was all dried up. I was so embarrassed! We ended up cooking in the kitchen and bringing it outside to eat and it was really nice… Usually, I'm really paranoid about making sure there's propane. We hung out and chatted for a while and then Rosa came in to put me to bed. I watched TV for a while, listen to music for a while and edited my Google Glass photos until I fell asleep. I finally remembered to order concert tickets for Michael Franti in Monterey on the 14th, I'm so excited! I just love this guy, His band and his whole family just seemed to be really awesome people!

Thursday was a pretty nice day. Karen came in and fed the boys and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Robby and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf, down in front of the boardwalk and back. He was feeling really good these days so I like to take him a little bit further, I love to see him like this. We cruised back home and rested for a bit before Dude and I took off for the cruise, second edition. We cursed their depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, downtown just to see what was going on and then home. I love days like these when the sun is out but it's not too hot and all of the tourists have gone back over the hill until the weekend. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I just watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.





























Thursday was a nice day. Karen came in and fed the hungry troops and then got me something to eat and And got me dressed and up in my chair.  Robby and I took off for a cruise down to Depot Park and back. I rested for a bit and then Dude and I took off for my appointment downtown at Abbott Square with Carol. After we left we cruised down to the wharf and back and then home to meet Joy back here at the house. I took some pictures of my front gate so I can have the people from open door come and look at it to see if they can make it an automatic one because it's hard for me to reach over the top to unlock it and I keep getting big bruises on my legs from swinging and hitting the gate. Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed and then got me fed me, I just pretty much relaxed for the rest of the night until I fell asleep.



Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then put me into a short but nice hot bath, we started doing a bath before we do some personal care as well as after… It seems to make the personal care go faster AND it warms me up because I'm always cold in the morning. We did some personal care and then another nice long hot bath, there's no better way to start your day. She got me dressed up in my chair and I took Robby out for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf, down the outside of the boardwalk and back… He wanted to keep going but I don't want him to overdo it. I rested for a bit and then Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise, I love the fact that my evening caregiver agreed to come in later on days so I can have more time to cruise around… Especially on days when we do personal care and I don't get up until around noon. We cruised through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf again and back and then home. Sara came in and fed the hungry critters, put me to bed and then fed me. I watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.























Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the furry guys and then fed me, I was about halfway dressed when I remembered that today was the little wharf to wharf and I missed it… It started at 8 AM. The Woofpack came to get Robby. My aunt took me over to Capitola, where they hand out gift bags at the other end of the race, but there was nobody around so I didn't even get my hat and T-shirt. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise when we got back home, through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. Sara came in and fed the hungry creatures, put me to bed and fed me. I listen to music for a while, listen to an audiobook and then fell asleep.


Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the animals and then fed me. I decided to stay in bed and just relax for the day, maybe watch a couple movies. I finally looked at my calendar and today was the block party for this area and I forgot, what is wrong with me this weekend?? It was nice to relax all day, it was really hot outside anyway. I ended up listening to music and editing pictures, I think these are the last of my pictures with Google Glass… My brothers coming next week to hook me up with a go Pro. I am so excited about being able to take pictures again but I'm kind of sad that I'm losing my Google Glass.

1 comment:

betty said...

Oh wow, Tammie. It will be interesting to see the pictures you take with the Go Pro! I've enjoyed the ones you have shared with Google Glass!

betty