Monday, April 30, 2018

It's going to be an amazing hot summer…

Monday started out to be a really rotten day but ended up to be awesome! Karen came in and fed the crew and we did some personal care, it took forever, and a nice long hot bath. The Woofpack came to get Robby for their Monday hike, the weather was beautiful! Karen got me dressed and up in my chair and Dude and I took off for our cruise through the ballpark where I got to see the handsome Rafael, he always makes my day! We cruised over to the wharf and of course I noticed that my Google glass had been turned on so I looked around a little bit hoping I would see somebody familiar and I even thought about asking some people I don't know to turn them on for me but I decided I would just try to do it myself so I took them off and I did it, I was so happy with myself. I watched the sand sculpture by, Bill, for a while and then cruised down to the end of the wharf. On our way back we stopped to watch Bill again and he waved, we talked for a little bit and he came up to get Dude and wrote his name next to his latest work of art so I could take some pictures… How awesome is that?? I met Bill once before and I see him all the time and he's always so nice and waves and then he blows me away by offering to help me out with some pictures of Dude. Dude was excited to run around on the beach, Bill even took him in the water and he loved it… I bring out a baby pool in the summer and he won't even go in it. He brought Dude back up and we headed for home. I was in such a great mood all the way home I remember how awful the day started out, I almost stayed in bed but I'm so glad that I didn't. We cruised home and waited for Robby to come back from day camp and we just went around in the driveway until Cindy came in, she fed everybody and they put me to bed and fed me. My uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia and I played cribbage and I went about $10, such a great day!! I was so tired I was falling asleep before we finished playing but then of course after everyone left I was wide awake, why is that?? I listen to music for a while and then I was gone.
























 Tuesday was a short miserable day. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and then for me and got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon and back, I can see him moving a little slower and it breaks my heart. Cindy took Dude and I to the bank to find out about getting another debit card, my card was once again compromised and they had to shut it down. Unfortunately, there were about six people waiting, the guy said it would be a two-hour wait, and they were booked for the rest of the day so we just took out some cash and went shopping. I got to Safeway and even though they had called me the day before they said I didn't have any prescriptions to pick up so we got the stuff to make pistachio pudding cake for the barbecue on Sunday with Trish and her friends. I had Cindy drop me off at the lighthouse Museum so Dude and I cruise back, he didn't get any exercise today and he gets really wound up. we cruised back down Westcliff Drive and then to the end of the wharf and back and home.  Omar was here putting myself in my room above the window, I want to put some ivy plants to drape down the blinds… I love how that looks. Theresa came in and fed everyone and put me to bed and made dinner for me. I watch TV for a while until I faded out.










 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and I got a really nice long massage, for some reason my neck and my shoulders are really sore. Karen came in and after feeding everyone we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and we took off for downtown, I had a hair appointment with Jessica. After my appointment, I met Theresa at the farmers market and we did some shopping for dinners the next couple of nights. We cruised home and hung out in the driveway for a little while and my mom and Kelly came down to visit, Kelly is staying here for a while. It was really nice in the sun so we caught up a little bit. Cindy came in and put me to bed while Teresa made dinner, prawns, asparagus, beets, cucumbers and tomatoes and Jell-O. I watched TV for a while and drifted off to sleep.






Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the crew and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. The Woofpack came and got Robby for a hike. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair and Dude and I took off for my appointment with Carol, my psychologist, downtown. We were a little bit early so we cruised up and down Pacific Avenue for a bit, I really miss cruising around downtown and I don't know why I don't do it anymore but I'm going to start. After my appointment with Carol Dude and I cruised back through downtown, through Depot Park, and down Westcliff Drive to the second dog beach where I tilted back for a while and then raised the chair as far as it can go to take pictures… Such a beautiful view from up here. I noticed something over to the left of me in the ice plant and I was going to go over and take a picture because there was nobody around but I hesitated. Pretty soon I heard a couple of bleeps from a fire engine and noticed a bunch of firemen around… Was this a dead body?? I took some more pictures and watched for a while and as I cruised back down Westcliff Drive I noticed not only the fire truck but a couple of other emergency vehicles and when I drove by I saw a sign that said "Santa Cruz city fire department training session", I was so glad that I wasn't sitting next to a deceased body. As we were cruising back down Westcliff Drive I stopped periodically to take pictures and just enjoy the beautiful scenery and I heard a ladies voice say "let me help you, you're dragging something behind you" it was my water hose so she wiped it off for me and pinned it back to my lap. I talked to her for a while and she was telling me that her daughter was developmentally disabled and she brought her out to Westcliff Drive a couple of times a week and then they went to a facility where her daughter rode a horse, I have never heard of that but I'm definitely going to look it up. We cruised back towards home and when we got to the stairs where the surfers take their boards down to the water I heard somebody say "hey dude" I turned around and there was Talya in her wetsuit carrying her surfboard. She stopped and we chatted for a bit while she played with Dude, she introduced me to her boyfriend that she was with and then they disappeared down the stairs into the ocean. I took some pictures of this place where people balance rocks, I just think that's so cool. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and finally home, we ended up cruising about 10 1/2 miles that day and it felt great… It was so beautiful, I can't wait until summer. West brought Robby home from his day camp and we hung out in the yard for a while and the boys played and of course trying to eat stuff that they're not supposed to. Cindy came in and after feeding the crew she put me to bed and fixed dinner, a steak, chard, roasted potatoes, and Jell-O. I watched TV until I fell asleep.












































































Friday was another great day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and she got me dressed and up in my chair and Mariposa came over to give me some acupuncture, I always feel so relaxed and calm after… It's pretty awesome! I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park and down to the wharf, I stopped suddenly and realized I didn't have my chest on so I turned around and drove back in the tilt position so I wouldn't fall over. Karen came out and put on my chest strap and I switched puppies. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down Westcliff Drive to the second dog beach then back down to the wharf where we cruised to the end and then back home… It was starting to get a little cold. When I came home Teresa was here fixing dinner, scallops, artichoke hearts, beets, cactus, and Jell-O. She put me to bed and since it was my mom's birthday my uncle and aunt came over and we played cribbage. I watch Dr. Phil for a while I fell asleep.




























Saturday was a really short and cold day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me and got me up in my chair. The Woofpack came to pick up Robby for day camp and Cindy took me for a couple of errands and then grocery shopping, on the way to the store we saw a sign that said UCSC was having a plant sale so we decided to cruise up there and take a look around. I wish I had a garden, they had a bunch of vegetables in 4-inch pots for three dollars and they were all in really good shape. I bought four artichoke plants, I love the way they look… I had one in my front yard but I think it died because I don't remember seeing it lately. I was going to go cruise around with Dude but it was too cold so I just had Theresa put me to bed and just listen to music and watch TV for the rest of the evening.










Sunday was a really nice day. Cindy came in and got me up after she fed everybody and then she set up tables, chairs, and decorations for outside for the women's meet up. I took Dude out for a short cruise through the lagoon to check out the progress of the butterfly garden… It looks really nice, while Robby hung out in the driveway with Cindy when I got back everything looks so nice. Cindy hung around and made some pistachio pudding cupcakes, they look amazing! There were only about four ladies that showed up but we had a lot of fun eating, writing letters and making seed bombs. We make plans to have another meeting in June and then I came in and Theresa put me to bed after she fed the animals and then cooked dinner for me. Between watching TV and listening to music I dozed on and off.


















































1 comment:

betty said...

I liked Dude's name in the sand! So cool!

betty