Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Getting back to a schedule…

Monday was a fantastic day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me, I get to eat last because I complained the least… I guess. We did some personal care and a nice long hot essential oil and Himalayan salt bath, just like heaven! The Woofpack came to get Robby for his Monday hike with the pack. After Karen got me dressed and up in my chair I took off for my appointment with my dental hygienist Robbie, she's been out for a while so this is the first time she got to meet Dude and of course she fell in love… Like everyone else does. It didn't take that long and she said my teeth are looking great. We cruised back and through Depot Park where I saw Rafael, he always makes my day. He was working in the park and talking to a little girl, it was so adorable! I wonder if I could get away with following him around and looking at him like that, he is so handsome! We cruise down Westcliff Drive where I ran into my friend Wes and his dog Pilar, I met him a couple of years ago when he had a dog named train… Unfortunately, Train passed away. They are both giant black schnauzers and so adorable! I talked to him for a while and the lady that runs the Segway Rental Place, Tammy, passed by with her group for the day. I have met some of the nicest people on Westcliff. We cruised back home to rest for a while and get Dude some water and visited with my mom for a little bit, my brother texted her pictures of my nephew David getting inducted into the Salem Police Department. We took off back down to the wharf and cruise to the end and back, I ran into Carlos and his sidekick… They are always so sweet! We cruised back home and hung out with Robby for a while until Cindy came in to put me to bed and fed everybody. My uncle, my aunt, Fred, Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage… Fred was my partner and we won two dollars. I watched TV for a while and I was out.














Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up after she fed everyone. She took me shopping for groceries and we took Dude and left Robby here to hang out with Omar, he came in to paint the pergola. Today seems to be a yelling day, as we were cruising down California Street somebody went by in their car and just yelled at us… It scared Cindy but I've kind of gotten used to people talking to themselves and yelling in public. While we were at the store we ran into Vince and his wife Margie, it's always so nice to see them and they are always so sweet. After we went shopping we decided to stop at panda express, I love that place! Of course, I totally forgot that I was allergic to eggs and got fried rice and orange chicken… I will be bloated, itchy and miserable for the next couple days. Dude had an appointment with Dr. Shuman so we decided to take both dogs down there, everybody just loves them and it's so cool. He looked dude over and they took some urine to see if he has a bladder infection, he drinks water like there's no tomorrow. Cindy put me to bed and I just relaxed the rest of the evening and watch TV.






Wednesday was a pretty good day. No massage from Susan, I had a hair appointment early. After Karen came in and fit the crew we did some personal care and a nice long hot soothing bath. She got me up and in my chair and I took Robby for a short cruise and then came back and got Dude and took off for my appointment downtown with Jessica, it was really good to see her. She had been out for a while to have a sist removed and she said she ended up going in and having emergency surgery the week before I was scheduled… Poor thing! After my hair appointment, we cruise down to the wharf and then back home. Cindy came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed and fed me, that's the last thing I remember.





Thursday was a really good day. Karen came in and got me up after she fit everybody. The Woofpack came and got Robby and Dude and I took off for a cruise with Trish and Mr. Bean the wonder dog. We cruised through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down to the wharf, through Depot Park and back home. While we were cruising through Depot Park I saw Rafael and I asked Trish if she knew him, her husband also works for Parks and Recreation. She said she didn't know so we cruised back through depot part by where the bicycle trip is and he was weed whacking, unfortunately, he had on a hat, a mask, and sunglasses so she couldn't see who he was. We cruised on back and then I took Dude and went back out for cruise up and down the wharf a couple times, I don't really go down by the boardwalk too much anymore or on the shortcut path alongside bicycle trip because there are too many people with off-leash dogs. We cruised back home and hung out in the driveway with Robby for a while until Cindy came in to feed everybody and put me to bed, I was out again pretty quick… I don't know I am so tired lately but I'm glad to get the sleep.


Friday was a really long day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and it was time to do personal care and a bath again. Ping-pong Jim called and said that he was in town from Florida and they were going to be playing table tennis at Depot Park for another week. It was raining that day so I ended up just staying in bed, he texted me and said that they were going to play again on Saturday so I'm definitely going to make it, is my last chance before he goes home. Theresa came in and did some laundry and cook for a couple of days and then fed the crew, I ate and then pretty much fell asleep after watching a little bit of TV.

 Saturday was a really good day.  Karen came in, Cindy scheduled the day off, and got me up in plenty of time to head down to Depot Park and play some table tennis… I really love playing table tennis and I surprised myself on how well I am learning. The Woofpack had to cancel because they guards the puppies usually hang out in on Saturday was flooded. I have a double dog leash so I took both dogs with me and I worked out pretty well, I didn't want to go too far so I just kind of went from Depot Park and around the parking lot. I left Robby here and took Dude for a cruise back down to the wharf and cruised up and back a couple times before coming home to meet my big boy, we hung out in the driveway for a while and soaked up the sun until Theresa came in to put me to bed. My aunt came from across the street and said that animal control was at the house across the street where the dog came from that attacked Dude so I waited until he came across the street and talk to him for a bit. It was another disappointing conversation, he said all he could do was make a report and try to talk us into working it out like good neighbors. I asked him about attacking a service animal being a misdemeanor and he said he had no idea and he would ask the supervisor. So it's a misdemeanor to attack a service dog but neither the police nor animal control knows about this law so I'm going to try to find some information and ticket to both the police station and the ASPCA. I remember eating and then I was out.

Sunday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took both dogs on the double leash again but this time we went all the way to the wharf and I took some pictures before heading back. I rested for a bit and then took Dude for a cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park and down to the end of the wharf before going back home. I ran into my friend Russell and his dog Sparky and I stopped to talk to him for a couple of minutes and then I ran into Vince, he is always just the sweetest guy and I love his stories and his
Vince-isms… I always come away after talking with him in a much better mood. I rested for a while until Theresa came into put me to bed, I had some lobster in the freezer that I thought was going to go bad so I had her make me some tacos and the whole time I'm thinking to myself "I hope this lobster is still good and it doesn't make me sick" I think I thought about it way too much and now I keep waiting for a stomachache or something. I watched trading spaces, I used to watch it a long time ago and I guess it came out with the new season until I fell asleep.















No comments: