Monday, April 2, 2018

David and Melissa visiting…

Monday it was really nice outside. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then we did some personal care and my favorite nice long hot bath. The Woofpack came to get Robby and I so much wanted to stay in bed and just hide and relax but I knew I needed to get up and go for cruise, for both Dude and I. I know it's going to take a while until I'm not afraid of every dog that goes by and I will probably always still look for dogs when I see people's feet. We had a really nice cruise through the lagoon until I saw a guy sitting on a bench with a big brown pitbull, we turned around and went the other way. We cruised through Depot Park and down Westcliff Drive, the sun was out and it was a beautiful day. I ran into a guy that I am writing to a lot on Westcliff I think his name is Wes but I can't remember his dog's name but she is the sweetest thing, he had another dog when I met him years ago but he passed, his name was Train. We chatted with him for a while and then cruise down to tilt back and relax for a while in the sun, it felt great. We cruised over to the boardwalk, I heard that they had taken down the Ferris wheel but I wanted to see for myself… It was gone. I never heard the story why but I know someday I will. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and tilted back there for a while and just enjoyed the sun and the noises of the wharf. It was time to go home and I was really sorry I didn't have my Google Glass with me because the clouds and the view was amazing! I'm sure I already have about a million pictures of it anyway. Cindy came in and put me to bed just as my nephew David and Melissa came in. They suggested ordering Chinese food and they ordered it as Cindy finished putting me to bed. I ate and that I was pretty much it, I was exhausted from not sleeping much the night before.



































Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and got me up after she fed everybody and drove me over to the animal shelter so we can file the report with animal control. I pretty much had everything except the main of the lady that owned the pit bull that attacked Dude. I had her address and we filled out the report. They said they would send an animal control officer over to talk to the lady and hopefully, they will let me know what is said what is going to be done because something definitely has to be done. They gave me a card with the officer's email address so I sent the two pictures I had of the puncture wound in dudes ear and the video of my driveway after the attack was over. The lady was claiming that Dude ran over to her dog and I was so glad I had the video, it clearly shows dude's leash firmly attached to the armrest of my wheelchair. I got home and rested for a bit and then David, Melissa, Robby, Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park and down Westcliff Drive to the Lighthouse Museum, it was such a beautiful day and I can't wait to see the pictures I took with Google Glass. My aunt made another killer batch of corn beef and cabbage so we had dinner outside in the driveway, it was really nice. Cindy came in and fed the crew and put me to bed. Omar and Cindy put the newcomer on my hospital bed mattress this afternoon and it feels really good, I'll probably sleep really well tonight.






















 Wednesday was another great day.  Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. My mom, David, Melissa and I went to Zachary's for breakfast… A favorite of everybody's. I usually have artichoke frittata but now that I'm allergic to eggs I don't dare try that anymore, it just makes my stomach bloated and my ears itch really bad for about four days… Not really worth it. I just had their molasses wheat toast and bacon. After breakfast, we cruised back home and David and Melissa took off for a cruise on the girls push scooters around East Cliff and dude and I took off for a cruise down Westcliff, it was so beautiful! David's childhood friend Grant and his wife came down for a visit and to spend the night. I remember when Grant was going to propose to his wife David and Melissa spent all day setting everything up and it was so awesome! That was two or three years ago? It was really great to see them! They cruised around for a while and then ordered pizza, Chinese food last night and pizza tonight… I love being able to cheat on my diet and not have to worry about my blood sugar spiking. Cindy came in and fed everyone and put me to bed.











































Thursday was even warmer, it's supposed to get up to 78°. Karen came in and fed everyone and got me dressed and up in my chair, I have two appointments today so I'm going to be gone for most of the day. The kids wanted to go out for breakfast, somewhere different, so I suggested the walnut cafĂ©, I've been there a few times and it was really good… Also right next to where my first appointment was with my psychologist. After my appointment I took the elevator downstairs and went outside and there they were sitting outside of the walnut cafĂ© getting ready to have breakfast. I said hello and we talked a little bit about going to Lillian's restaurant for dinner and I took off to cruise towards the wharf, it was starting to get really hot and I didn't know if it was going to hurt Dudes paws so I decided to just turn around and cruise down towards my second appointment with Jennifer for my facial. As I was cruising back through downtown I ran into David and Grant, the girls decided to go shopping downtown and they were going to go workout. I talked to them for a little bit and we decided to definitely go to Lillian's for dinner. I was early to my appointment so I was going to cruise up the street and I ran into Mariposa so I talked to her for a while and got some more CBD oil and made a tentative appointment for next week to get some acupuncture… I've been wanting to try it for a long time. I had to cancel my last appointment with Jennifer because that's when Dude was attacked by the pit bull so they were all really glad to see him and of course he loved all of the attention. After the appointment, I cruised back home and as I was cruising through downtown I started to get a really bad headache and chills. I knew I drink a lot of water and there was nothing in my bag so I had a feeling my hose got kinked and I was going to be soaked. I came back home and sure enough, luckily Karen was home and she came and put me to bed so my mom and the kids went to dinner without me but brought me back something to eat. I didn't take my Google glass today because I have so many appointments so no pictures.

Friday was a long wasted day. Karen came in and fed the crew and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I don't know if it was something I ate but I just felt awful all day, not even personal care and a bath made me feel better. I didn't feel like getting up and the day went by pretty fast. David and Melissa left around noon for their long drive back home, it always goes by way too fast when they are visiting. Theresa texted me and said that she had an ear infection and wanted to only come in for a couple of hours, it's a good thing I didn't get up. I wish the girls would learn to let me know as early in the morning as they can if they're not going to come in or if their time is limited so I can just not get out or find somebody else. I watched a series last man standing and slept on and off the rest of the evening.

Saturday was another miserable day. I can't figure out what I ate or what is going on but I'm back to being miserable and bloated. Cindy came in and got me up and I cruised around for a while while her and Omar cleaned out the garage, I wasn't going very long and they were just about done when I got back… The garage looks amazing! Since it was a holiday they didn't come to get Robby so I wanted to at least take both the boys out for a little cruise before going back to bed, I couldn't wait to go back to bed. Teresa came in at 2 PM so we could do some personal care and see if that makes me feel better, I did feel a lot better plus I got a nice long hot bath. It felt so good to be back in bed and I just watch TV until I fell asleep.

Sunday was a really beautiful day, Easter Sunday. I still felt a little bloated but not nearly as bad as the last couple of days. Cindy came in and fed everybody and they got me up. I took Robby first and we cruised through the lagoon so I could take pictures of the progress on whatever they're building there, what are they building there?? We cruised through Bay St., Park, down Westcliff Drive a little bit and down to the wharf where we ran into the Easter Bunny… I wanted to have Robby's picture taken with him but I couldn't get myself to ask. We cruise down in front of the boardwalk and then back home. Luana and Melia came over to play soccer with the dogs for a while so I just tilted back and watch, they are so much fun to watch and they just adore the dogs as much as the dogs adore them. I took Dude for a cruise through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back, there was such a beautiful day I wanted to keep cruising but my family was coming over for Easter dinner. We had about nine people and decided to eat outside and it was so nice, I love having a yard where we can sit around and enjoy the company and the day. When we were younger we were also close and to see my cousin sometimes and because of everything that has happened we all drifted apart and it's really sad. We have been spending a lot of holidays together and it's really nice! Theresa came in and finished up the laundry and then put me to bed, it was nice to relax and watch TV for a while before drifting off.











































































No comments: