Tuesday, March 27, 2018

It looks like a lot of rain this week…

Monday was a pretty good day, the weather was almost too warm but of course, I have on a turtleneck shirt and two thermals. Karen came in and fed everybody and we did some personal care and a hot relaxing bath. The Woofpack came and got Robby. Karen got me dressed up in my chair and Dude and I took off for a short cruise before we met Jan and her service dog at Depot Park. We're getting together a CCI barbecue for people who have service dogs in this area, it sounds like there's going to be around 10 puppies running around my yard… That sounds so awesome! We got together to talk about some more details and find out how many people have replied and what we want to barbecue. It's going to be so much fun, I can't wait! We came back home and hung out in the driveway for a while with Robby before Cindy came in and fed everybody and put me to bed. Tonight is cribbage night so my uncle and aunt, Claudia and my mom and I played about three games and I fell asleep pretty much immediately after everyone left.






Tuesday was a great day. Cindy came in and got me up and ready to run some errands, it was going to rain all day so I was like we had something to do. I have an appointment at 11 AM at the DMV to get my ID renewed but after we got all the way down there and waited come to find out my aunt was looking and an older one and we found one that didn't expire until 2022 so we left. While we were standing in line we started talking to this really sweet man, she's been a groundskeeper for I think about 40 or 50 years… It seems like he doesn't love the grounds around the area here where I live. It was so nice to talk to him and I made the time go by fast. Since we were done with our business at the DMV and we left early we decided to go to Target and get some Easter candy for the baskets that I have left over from last year. My nephew David and his wife Melissa are coming down on the 26th and staying until the 30th and then possibly my cousin Debbie and her family are coming for Easter weekend so I want to make little baskets for everyone. I usually make one for my campers, I don't know they really care about but who doesn't like candy and toys?? While we were checking out we ran into another extremely sweet guy, this one was younger and he was just awesome! When we got there he was hoping this really old couple use their credit card on the machine and he was just so sweet with them. After he helped them he told us that he had an app on his phone that will give us a discount but a lot of the stuff we have so he looked up everything and stand up for us, how sweet is that?? We run into so many sweet people it just really makes your day, we were smiling and joking the rest of the day. After shopping at Target we cruised over to Safeway to pick up some vegetables and superscriptions, I am eating a lot of vegetables lately and I love it! On the way home, we stopped at Burger.to get something for dinner, I got Colby sliders and tater tots and it was awesome! Our last stop was at State Farm to drop off some paperwork as we went home and Cindy put me to bed. It's always so nice to get all of our errands done for the day to meet so many nice people. Cindy fed the animals and put me to bed and then we finally got to eat. I watched TV and wrote here on my blog for a while and I was out.



Wednesday was an okay day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long relaxing massage. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice hot relaxing bath. Kent, the mobile groomer, came by and gave the dogs their spa treatment… Everybody got pampered today. It looked like it was going to rain all day so I decided not to get up and of course, it stopped raining and the sun came out. My aunt came over from across the street to help me get my bills and files organized, she's so good at that and I just get frustrated and want to run away… Luckily she is also dyslexic and is very good at explaining things and showing me what to do. He really does feel great to have everything in order. Cindy came in and fed all of us, it was really nice to relax and watch TV… I'm watching The assassination of Gianni Versace. Tomorrow I'm definitely getting up because I have two appointments and one errand to run so I hope it's nice, at least between the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM… Is that too much to ask??

Thursday was another wasted day.  Karen came in and put me on my side for a while and filled up some Easter baskets for my friends and family. All yesterday and all last night I kept checking the weather and it said thunderstorms all day so I canceled both of my appointments and decided to stay in bed and although it did rain a little bit there were no thunderstorms and the sun was out by 1 PM. The Woofpack even canceled Robby's day camp so we were all stuck here indoors. I look outside now and it's such a beautiful day. I watched the rest of the series of The assassination of Gianni Versace, I fell asleep before it ended last night. I couldn't figure out why I was so itchy all over and then Karen told me this morning that the stuffed mushrooms I bought yesterday have eggs in them, I should have known that. At least tomorrow if I do get up and it's raining I can have Theresa come in early and put me back to bed if she doesn't already have plans. I pretty much slept on and off all day until Cindy came in and fed everybody and I was just about asleep when she left.

 Friday started out to be a really great day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot, essential oil bath. I was ready to get up since I have been in bad for two days during a storm. I have an appointment with Jennifer, to get my face waxed and a facial because I have to cancel my appointment on Thursday because of the thunderstorms. I took Robby first because he wasn't able to get out there, because of the thunderstorms the Woofpack emailed and canceled. I was able to reschedule my appointment with Jennifer, my anesthetist, because of the thunderstorms on Thursday… I was real happy about that because I have family coming next week. I took Robby out for cruise through Depot Park and down Westcliff Drive past the lighthouse and then we decided to turn back and cruise home. It was already almost 4 miles and Robby was getting tired, I didn't realize that the Woofpack and my mom not only let him smell as much as he wants when they cruise him around but they basically let him do whatever he wants… He's retired so he should be able to do whatever he wants. There was something going on on Westcliff,  some kind of health fair/surfing contest. I was with Robby so I was a little nervous because he sometimes barks at random dogs, he only barked at one. We cruised back home because I noticed my brace was sliding up, I message Karen and she said she would come back over and try to fix it. I met her back at my place and she fixed it so I dropped off Robby and took off with Dude. We went across the street to see if he wanted to poop on my aunt and uncle's front lawn and then I remembered when Karen fixed my brace she took off my Google Glass so I came back across the street to get my Google Glass just as I came across the street Adela and Sandra, the ladies that clean my house, were just leaving. I got to the driveway and I could see something out of the corner of my eye so I turned around to look and the pitbull from across the street was running towards us, he ran in front of me so I rammed him with my chair into the gate but he just backed up and went around and grabbed dude and I heard screaming. I didn't want to turn around because I didn't want to run over Dude so all I could do was sit there, the screaming was so loud. The lady that owned the dog ran across the street and was trying to pry her dogs jaws off of Dude but he just wouldn't release. It seemed like a really long time and why wasn't anybody coming to help?  I saw Karen come running from next-door and she was trying to get the dog to release but she was not having any luck either. After what seems like forever she pryed the dog's jaws open and Sandra open the gate so I can get in and she closed it quickly behind me. Karen grabbed Dude and we headed down to the vet, thank goodness they saw him right away. I noticed as we were cruising down to the vet but Dude look like his happy normal self and I didn't see any trauma, I was so thankful for that. They checked him over and said that he had a puncture wound in his ear but other than that he was fine, I canceled my appointment with Jennifer and just headed back home. The vet called later and had me go across the street and find out if the attack dog was current with her rabies shots. They sent him home with some antibiotics and pain pills, I'm so glad he wasn't hurt worse. Dudes seem to recover really quickly, I wish I could recover as quickly but I am trying, it was a really traumatic thing to go through. At that point I realized that I could get a lot out of how dogs handle things, I hear that they don't live in the past and they just move on and it's true.

Saturday was a relaxing day. After everything that went on yesterday I decided to just stay in bed, Robby had his puppy play date with the Woofpack so I just stayed home with Dude… He's definitely taking this a lot better than I. I decided to stay in bed which is probably a mistake because it was so anxious the whole day and I wished that I had gotten up just to Dude out to person around, It probably would've been better for both of us but to be honest until that dog is off the block I'm going to be scared. My aunt went over to talk to the owner of the dog and she totally changed her story, she said the dogs met in the middle to say hello to one another… My dog is always anchored with the leash to the arm rest of my wheelchair so there's no way, plus I have the video from my driveway camera. The lady told us that she was fostering the dog but told my aunt that it was her dog and she was not going to get rid of it. I left a message for animal control and I'm going to have to do whatever I can to get this dog off the cul-de-sac, I not only have my two-year-old but I have a retired 10-year-old and my 78-year-old mom who likes to walk my 10-year-old up and down the block and I just can't have this pit bull around. Theresa came in and fed everybody and did laundry. I've been having a lot more panic attacks these days, I hope I can learn how to deal with them better. I am listening to a lot of audiobooks and trying to do a lot more meditation hoping that works.



Saturday I decided to stay in bed. The Woofpack came to get Robby so I decided to stay in with Dude since they did give him some pain pills to rest. Cindy came in and fed everyone and put me on my side for a little bit and then I pretty much watch TV all day. It seems like every time I close my eyes I hear Dude screaming so I was pretty much awake all night but I know that will pass. Theresa came in and fed everyone and then make me an awesome dinner, a comfort food burrito. I was so glad when my mom came down at 11:00 PM because I was really a mess and needed something to help me sleep, an hour or so later I was still a mess but tried really hard and ended up making myself relax and go to sleep… Eventually.

Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy got food poisoning so Karen came in to get me up and I was so glad to get up and out of here. She took Robby for cruise and I took Dude and we went for a cruise through the depot park, down Westcliff Drive, down through the boardwalk and to the end of the wharf and back a couple of times. I was really watching for oncoming dogs but it went okay, I think I'm going to be paranoid for a while but Dude is doing really good. We ended up going about 9 miles so I think it's going to be easier to get over this, with Dudes help. These CCI dogs are such an inspiration to me and they have helped me so much! It was getting cold and starting to rain so we came back and hung out inside for a little while, Robby always likes to hang out outside but until we get this pit bull out of the neighborhood I'm afraid to let him be outside by himself. CCI dogs can't have any aggression or protective instincts or else they do not make the program so it's really hard to know what to do. There was a chance of rain so I didn't wear my Google Glass and of course the clouds and the view were amazing… I'm sure I have about a million pictures of the same view but in person it always looks so amazing! We cruised back home and Theresa was here to put me to bed and feed everyone. My nephew and his wife are coming down from Oregon to visit until the weekend, I am so excited! They're bringing their puppy and I know dude is going to be excited about that, Robby too but he's getting old and doesn't enjoy a playful pup like he used to. I haven't really been sleeping very well, every time I close my eyes my mind goes straight to the attack and I can hear Dude screaming… I need to get over this and move on. Dude has moved on almost immediately, I love dogs!

No comments: