Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Crazy crazy weather…

 Monday turned out to be a really nice day, it was supposed to be rainy and thunderstorms all day… I'm so glad I didn't believe them and got up anyway. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. The Woofpack came to get Robby so Dude and I took off for a cruise through depot parking, down Westcliff Drive, down to the end of the wharf at back and then home to wait for Robby and rest for a bit. When they brought Robby back I let them run around and play in the yard for a while until Dude couldn't take it anymore and he took off and started eating my morning glory vines. My aunt came over and for the boys and the girl and we took off to get some Mexican food from the restaurant down the street and then to the police department for a meeting, it was supposed to be a meeting introducing the new officers that were going to be patrolling around this area and if we had any concerns we could talk about that. The new chief was there and the guy in charge of the neighborhood watch, I was kind of sad that nobody showed up but we were really glad that we got to talk to them about my service dog getting attacked… I really feel like they listened with empathy. We came on home after the meeting and Cindy came in and put me to bed. I watched Dr. Phil and listen to music until I fell asleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and got me dressed and up in my chair. Omar came by to stain the barbecue island so we left Robby to hang out with him while she took me to my appointment and we ran some errands. I have been wanting to try acupuncture for a long time but I don't like needles very much so I keep putting it off, Heather's wife Mariposa is an acupuncturist and has given me several offers to try it so I decided to just do it and I made an appointment with her. I really like her a lot and I always immediately feel comfortable with her so Cindy dropped me off at her office and went to take some boxes to the post office for me. While she was talking to me she started placing needles and I didn't even feel it, that is so awesome! We chatted for a little bit and then she left me alone to relax and that I did by the time I left there I could just feel the whole upper half of my body more relaxed than I have felt for a long time. Cindy came back to pick me up and we cruised over to the bank and then to State Farm to drop off some paperwork they needed. We headed back home and Theresa was there to feed everybody and put me to bed, I was so exhausted I could barely keep my eyes open and I was out.





Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and I got a nice long massage, usually, we chat a little on and off but I still could not keep my mind focused in my eyes awake. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I wish I could've just stayed in bed today because I'm so relaxed and sleepy and I could have stayed in bed but I have two puppies that need some exercise. After Karen got me dressed and up in my chair and took off with Robby and we cruised down Westcliff Drive where we ran into Rosa out for a walk, it was really good to see her and she looked great. We cruised down to the wharf and then back home where I dropped him off and picked up Dude and we cruised through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back… It was starting to get really cold it would be so we cruised back. Cindy came in to feed everybody and put me to bed and I tried to watch a little bit of TV but I was just exhausted, I love this!

































































Thursday was a good day, cold and windy but at least I got to get up and get out. Karen came in and got me up after she fed the crew. The Woofpack came to get Robby, it always breaks my heart a little when he so eager to leave and take off with his friends but I'm sure it breaks his heart a little when I take off with Dude? I just want him to be happy and have fun. It will be nice when Dude gets a little older and they can play together in the yard without me having to worry about Dude to eating everything. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf to snap a few pictures before we cruised through downtown and to my appointment with Jennifer for my facial. Everybody in the office is so nice and of course, everybody loves Dude. After my appointment I had Jennifer put on my sweatshirt because the sun went away, luckily I have one behind my chair. We cruised back down through downtown and over to the wharf and back before I got to be just too cold and windy and we came home. I talked to my mom for a while, she is feeling much better finally. West brought Robby home and they played in the yard for a little bit but I think they just wanted to eat. Cindy came in and fed everybody and put me to bed and fed me, my mom and Stanley went to the Santa Cruz diner for lunch and brought me back a club sandwich and a salad. I listen to music for a while and I was out.



















Friday was a disappointing day. I know I checked my chair last night to make sure it was put in by this morning it wasn't fully charged, this makes me very nervous. Karen came in and after she fed everybody we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I've been using Epson salt and witch hazel and that those pretty good… I just have to watch and make sure my skin doesn't get to dry. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon and back home to grab Dude turned around for two seconds and dude grabbed a Bee and chewed on it before Karen could get it out of his mouth… He was making some weird faces and I didn't want to take him on a cruise if his mouth was going to get all swollen and he wasn't going to be able to breathe so I left him here with Karen for a while and took Robby around the lagoon again. Karen texted me and said Dude looked like he was going to be okay so I came back to get him. We cruised through do ballpark and down to the end of the wharf and back, the weather was beautiful! Theresa came in early to take me to my foot doctor appointment with Dr. Hurray… I think this is the first time Dr. Hurray and Dude have met, The doctor is the biggest animal lover I have met in a long time. I was talking to a lady in the lobby and she was showing me pictures of her labs and then I found out that was Dr. Hurray's wife, what a sweet couple they are. The appointment went well and we were out of there within an hour. I noticed when I got back from cruising with Dude my chair was almost dead, I haven't had a low battery on this chair since I got it and I go anywhere from 5 to 8 miles a day so I hope everything is okay. I couldn't do anything else so I just had Theresa put me to bed and hope for the best, tomorrow I have to go to CCI in Santa Rosa to get do recertified. Theresa fed everyone and then I watched a couple of movies and just relax for a while until he fell asleep.











Saturday was a really nice day here in Santa Cruz, unfortunately, I was in Santa Rosa where it was really hot. Karen came in to get me up early and Stanley took me to CCI in Santa Rosa for the graduate convention and to get Dude recertified. It's a really long drive there but it's such a beautiful campus and it was really great to see everybody. They had a couple of lectures and then lunch and by the time it was our turn to get recertified I was already overheated. Dude was really good, he did everything he was supposed to do and was certified for another year. It was nice to see the teacher/trainers there always so nice and you can tell how much they adore the dogs. We ducked out so I can get in the car with the air conditioner and I think by the time I got to Los Gatos I was finally pulled down. We got back home and Theresa was getting ready to feed the crew and put me to bed. She made me some yummy chicken and vegetable soup, I watched TV for a while and fell asleep.




















Sunday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and got me dressed and up in my chair. Robby and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park and we made it about halfway down the wharf when I realized I had Robby instead of Dude so we turned around and came back. I dropped off Robby and got Dude and we took off for the same cruise my uncle and aunt were finishing up the garden/barbecue area at the triplex so I went in and take some pictures, they have that place looking really nice back there. We went down to the end of the wharf and back, It's always so cool and interesting talking to people and cruising around… Was such a beautiful day and such a beautiful place and everyone was just so happy. We cruised back home and Theresa was here cooking dinner and it smelled amazing. She felt the crew and put me to bed I got me something to eat, to wash my face and brush my teeth and I was out.





































1 comment:

betty said...

Glad your mom is feeling better Tammie and WTG to Dude for passing his re-certification!

betty