Monday, April 16, 2018

Summer is just around the corner…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed everybody and we did some personal care and of course, a nice long hot relaxing bath before she got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby and he couldn't wait to get out of here and hang out with his friends. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park and down Westcliff Drive, it was a gorgeous day and so great to be out and about. I got my chair for a couple of months now and today was the first day that I realized/remembered that I can lift my chair up and actually see over the top of the rails along Westcliff, it was like a new toy all over again. We cruised about halfway down and then turned around to meet ping-pong Jim at my house, he came over to give me more practice and some more pointers… I really like table tennis! He invited one of his friends, Pam, and I was so glad because my arm was a little tired from playing the other day. They took off because I told them Cindy would be in to put me to bed around 4:30 PM. I rested for a while until Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed. My uncle, my aunt, Claudia and I played cribbage… My mom found out Saturday that she has pneumonia again so she stayed upstairs. My uncle was my partner and we lost two dollars I was so tired I fell asleep two or three times during the game… I just love that feeling when you're so tired you can't keep your eyes open, I slept all night.












































Tuesday was a good day. Cindy came in and got me up after feeding everybody. I wanted to go shopping and rent a couple of errands but then I remembered it was Cindy's birthday, she has been working so hard not only your butt out of her other job and at home taking care of her mom and her family so I asked her if she would like to go to lunch on the wharf. I was overdressed, it was overcast but very muggy outside and I was so warm, we sat at a table where I couldn't really lean back and that didn't help… As soon as I start getting to warm then I panic and my nose starts running. We had a really nice lunch and then she had to go back to work at her other job. We cruised back here and I rested for a bit before Theresa came in to feed everybody and put me to bed. Theresa is going to take over Tuesday evenings so that Cindy doesn't have to do a double shift. Since my stomach, Dr. put me on magnesium I have been sleeping a lot better and I do have a lot less anxiety is easier to talk to people. I can't wait to introduce this to my cousin Kelly, she has a lot of the same problems I do and I will be awesome if it would work for her as well as it's worked for me. After I ate I was out.






Wednesday was another great day. Karen came in after feeding everybody we did some personal care when she rolled me over she discovered that the evening caregiver last night left From one of the spray bottles underneath my butt and it made a huge didn't and a little cut… That's them and take a while to heal. I took a nice long hot bath and felt much better and Karen got me up and dressed and Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise while Robby hung out here with Omar, Robby is getting up a little slower and I think you would much rather hang out in the yard all day then go for a cruise although we still go for cruise when he's not with the Woofpack. I got an email from the landlord the lady across the street and he said that he checked with his attorney and he has to make the lady get rid of her dog, I feel at ease but I also feel heartbroken for her… I can't even imagine how hard it would be to get rid of one of the dogs that I love so much. She's also going to pay the vet bills. Theresa came by and made some killer enchiladas for me for dinner. Cindy came in and fed the crew and put me to bed and again I was out before she left.









Thursday was a good day. Karen came in and got me up after everyone was fed and the Woofpack came to get Robby for day camp. Dude and I started cruising downtown for my appointment with Carol, I'm starting to be really paranoid again of dogs out on a leash or not on a leash. I cruised down Laurel and saw this lady coming towards me with the dog so I turned down Felix I decided to go through the lagoon, at the end of the boardwalk when I went to turn down chestnut there was a little brown pitbull sitting there with no leash, I quickly turned around and went through the other part of the lagoon… Now I'm going to be late for my appointment. After cruising through the lagoon we went up the hill and cruised through Bay St., Park, back around through Depot Park and headed downtown… I got there just in time. A lot of good and bad has happened in the last two weeks so my appointment went by really fast. We cruised around downtown and then headed over through Depot Park to the wharf, one minute it was really hot and then the next minute it was really cold we cruised around for a while and took pictures and then headed over to the boardwalk. I haven't been over to the boardwalk for a while, we cruised home and waited for Robby and then they played in the yard for a while. My mom messaged me and said that she went to the doctor and they wanted to admit her to the hospital, her pneumonia is getting worse. The ER was so packed that they sent her home after they got her some antibiotics and started working on some oxygen for her to bring home. She texted me from upstairs and asked if Cindy could take her over to the hospital, she was having a hard time breathing and I think she was getting a little scared. Cindy was stuck in traffic but eventually came and took her back to the hospital. I texted Karen and asked her to come into put me to bed, I think the best place for my mom for right now is in the hospital. I messaged my brother and he came down from Modesto and then went over to the hospital to relieve Cindy. I fell asleep but apparently, they let my brother bring my mom from but again without oxygen.























































 Friday was a really great day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and we did some personal care and a really hot long bath. She got me just end up in my chair and I really felt great, I've been bloated and  Miserable for a while so it's nice to have a good day. Robby stayed here and hung out with Omar while he painted the pergola, Robby loves to be outside and just lay around. Dude and I cruised through Depot Park and then through downtown to my appointment with Dr. Slezak, he has made such a huge difference in my life and I feel awesome! After my appointment with Chris back down to the wharf and then home, Theresa was going to come in early and help me with some errands but I noticed when she came in she had her daughter and I didn't want to drag her daughter all around so I told her I would just do them the next day and she put me to bed, after she put me to bed her husband came to pick up her daughter. I hope somebody can help me with my errands tomorrow. Stanley came down to let the dogs out a couple of times and said that they're still working on getting some oxygen for my mom and she's getting pretty nervous and he said he might have to take her back to the hospital. I can't believe it's this hard to get some oxygen??

Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and ready for the day. The Woofpack canceled Saturday puppy playdate because the dog park they usually use was flooded. Omar came in and Robby hung out in the yard with him while he stained the barbecue island and bench, it looks so awesome! Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and home to rest for a while. Theresa came in and took me over to animal control so we could drop off the witness forms, of course with a guy left them here he didn't tell me that each person has to turn in their own witness form so they can see their ID… That would've been nice to know.  As we were heading out to the car to leave I heard somebody say "hey neighbor" and I looked around and there was Liz, I talked to her for a little while and asked her about her husband Sebastian. We went grocery shopping and then came back and after she fed the crew she put me to bed. Made me some chicken tacos and I listen to music for a while before I was out.


















Sunday I was supposed to rain all day so I decided to stay in bed, it didn't rain all day. Cindy came in and fed everyone and put me on my side for a while, I'm also developing a pressure sore. I updated my personal webpage a little bit, listen to an audiobook on tape, listen to some music. My aunt came over and said that my cousin's dog tater, a 14-year-old English mastiff, was going to be put down this afternoon. Rich and the girls took tater to Hollister Hills for what they thought was going to be his last camping trip. He was such a good boy and so loving and friendly and he just adored Rich, I can even imagine how sad my cousin is. Theresa came in and fed the crew and put me to bed and then for me. I remember watching TV and I must've dozed off.

1 comment:

betty said...

Hi Tammie, I'm back from a little blogging break I took. I think if I read it correctly that one of your dogs had been attacked by a neighbor's dog? I'm so sorry to hear that. It is a traumatic thing to happen and I can see why you would be a little leery or afraid of dogs out there while you are out and about that are on leashes or especially off leashes. When our dog was still alive, for some reason he was always being barked at by other dogs when we were walking him and actually got attacked 4 different times (never sustaining any major injuries). To this date, and I haven't walked a dog in over 3 years, I still am always looking around when I'm walking to see if there are dogs around and if they are with owners or not when I'm walking outside. It is a scary feeling to sometimes get over.

Sorry to hear about your mom and her pneumonia and breathing problems. I hope she can get the care she needs, including the oxygen, and can start feeling better sooner than later!

betty