Thursday, June 17, 2021

This week is Vicente's Birthday is this week…

 Monday was a really long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry knucklehead, fed me, and then took my blood pressure, my blood pressure has been really high the last couple of weeks, and I'm getting really nervous. It only seems to be when we're doing some personal care, so my primary care Dr. Owens thinks it might be autonomic dysreflexia. I've had slight problems when we do personal care, but it's starting to get worse. Dr. Owens to do a video visit with me tonight to see what we can figure out. It makes me really nervous because one of the things autonomic dysreflexia can cause is a stroke; so many people have strokes and all ages, so it's terrifying. I definitely want to make sure I'm taking care I myself. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, where I got to take some wonderful pictures and just cruise around after the crowds left. We cruised along the strip between the ideal restaurant and the arcades, down through the middle of the boardwalk and back. We cruised on home, and I kick back and watch TV for a while until Adriana came in; she fed the hungry Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. Just in time for my video visit with Dr. Owens. She said she would refer me to my spinal cord injury Dr. and my urologist just and see what they think. My uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia, and I played cribbage. Claudia was my partner, and we kicked butt! By the time everybody left, I was so sleepy, I just drifted off to sleep.
































 Tuesday was another pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. I took Dude out for a short little cruise over to the wharf and back while Cindy cleaned up. Tuesdays usually full of appointments, but today, I only have one with Jennifer, so Cindy drove us over there; I started to not cringe as much when she waxes my face… I used to just cringe at the thought, but now I'm starting to relax a little bit more, and it's not so bad. After everything is done, she tones my face, and I always take a little nap. I'm starting to really like naps, and I take them whenever my mind lets me. After that, we cruised over to Safeway to get some salads and pick up some prescriptions. Cindy drove us back home, and then she took off; I watched TV for a while until Adriana came in. She fed the hungry mongrel, put me to bed, and then fed me. After that, she buzzed around and cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. It was nice to just relax and watch TV for the rest of the evening until I fell asleep.



 Wednesday was a really nice but busy day.  Susan came in and gave me a nice long relaxing two-hour massage, such a great feeling! Karen came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then we did some personal care and, of course, a nice long hot relaxing bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair, and Dude and I took off for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back; it's so beautiful outside, and it's great to be out and about again. I had to come back home because a guy was coming out from Bellow's heating and air conditioning; my thermostat just isn't working right… The temperature keeps jumping around, and so I'm hoping he can figure out what's wrong with it. He ended up reinstalling it, so hopefully, that does the job. We didn't really have enough time to go out for another cruise before Rosalie comes in; Adriana is getting her second vaccination and decides to take the day off just if she started feeling really bad. Rosalie came in and fed Dude and took us to the Santa Cruz animal shelter to meet Jan and check out the facilities; we would start having some puppy play dates at the animal shelter. They built a new awesome playground for the dogs and were nice enough to offer it to us a couple of hours a week. It looks like the puppies are going to have a perfect time playing there, we let Dude and Teak in the play area to see how they would like, but of course, they didn't play… But they sure did do a good job of sniffing everything out. Jan got a new van, so we checked it out, I have a Honda Odyssey, and I always liked the Hondas, but her new one was a Siana, and it looked like it has a lot more room, so I might look into that… The transmission on my van is going out, so I'm thinking about getting a new one. We stopped at the food truck on our way back home, and I got some casa Birria tacos; I don't think I'll ever get tired of these. We fed the hungry hound dog, and then I started down my tacos, and Rosalie put me to bed; she did a couple of laundries, cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. I spent the rest of the evening listening to music, trying to learn how to meditate and relax, editing pictures, and catching up on my blog. I eventually fell asleep.

















 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the pooch, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a short cruise over to the wharf and back before we cruised through downtown and over to my appointment with Jessica to get my hair done, my cousins Debbie and Kelly stripped their hair down, and it looked perfect on them, so I think I'm going to give it a try… If I don't like it, I can always color it again, but I'm just curious to see what it would look like, the natural gray color. I talked to Jessica about it, and she said all either like it or hate so we agreed to try next time. They were looking for somebody to do some work at the salon, so I gave them Omar's number, and they were really excited and loved what he did, of course, because he does amazing work! I like to take pictures of murals around Santa Cruz, and sometimes I put them on Facebook and ask people if they can tell me where they are. I also took a picture of a couple of places that I would like to try and eat at; one of them used to be one of my favorite places to go, called Surfriders… Now it looks like a crab boil place. The other one is right next to the salon or Jessica works, and it's got Pho soup; I haven't found any place around here that's good, so hopefully, this will be. We cruised back home and watch TV for a while until Rosalie came in; she fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. She cleaned up and wiped everything down, and went home. I was really exhausted, so it didn't take me long to fall asleep.

















 Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry big boy, fed me, did some personal care, and of course, a nice long hot bath before she got me dressed up in my chair. We are finally out of place again where the personal care is getting more manageable; as long as I remember to drink lots of water and eat what I supposed to eat, everything goes along smoothly, but I always feel like I'm doing such a great job and feels so good that I screw it up by eating something I'm not supposed… Will I ever learn?  I found a place online that sold Pho noodles, so I got some and decide to try them out; they were perfect! They come frozen, and there were four different kinds in a pack. Dude and I took off for a cruise over to the wharf and back; it's always my favorite thing to do is cruise over to the wharf and just look at the beautiful ocean. Barbara was going to bring over her two dogs for a puppy play date with Dude. She had a hound dog named Mary Margaret; Mary Margaret and Robby were best friends and used to hang out in the corner when they went to the Woofpack… Mary Margaret passed away a week after Robby, so we decided to get the two labs together to play, they got along really nice, and it was really nice to get to know Barbara. We seem to have a lot in common, and hopefully, we will be able to do this again soon. Rosalie came in, and when she came out into the backyard barbers lab, The Captain was lying in the middle of the driveway, and when Rosalie came out, he jumped up and started barking at her… The Captain and Dude look a lot alike, so it startled her, and she said, "Dude, you remember me?" I told her that that was The Captain, and Dude was outback. Barbara and her puppies went home, and Rosalee fed the hungry pooch, put me to bed, and then fed me. She cleaned up and wiped everything down l and then went home. I watched TV for a while and fell asleep to an audiobook; my brother said that your mind is still learning if you fall asleep, so I'm curious to see if I remember what the book was about.











 Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry mongrel, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Omar came in and replanted my lemon trees and 1/2 barrel planter with wheels so we can move it around if we need to; he found me a really nice greenhouse that will fit perfectly along the back fence for my herbs. There were some other half of barrel planters out there that were kind of rotten in the bottom, so he took those apart and took him to the dump; I guess it makes sense that if you put dirt in the bottom of the barrels eventually, they're going to rot from all the water. I was supposed to cruise down to Adriana's place where she was having a graduation party for Niko, but she decided to have it at her friend's house; it's much bigger and nicer. Unfortunately, it's not accessible, so I'm just going to sit this one out. Rosalie came in and fed the hungry little guy, put me to bed, and then fed me. She did some laundry, wiped everything down, and then went home. I texted with my cousin for a while, listen to some music and then watch TV until I fell asleep.

















 Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then help me set up my new chrome book… I have been so excited about this. It will be nice to have everything that has to do with my caregivers, my health, and basically, my life is all on the chrome book, so if I do need something when I go to the doctor, I can take it with me. The caregivers will leave daily messages, so the ones coming in well know what's going on, and it's good to have a preference to go back in case we need to. She taught me a few things like Exel, how to make and tables and how to copy and paste everything in there and make it organized. Cindy cleaned up and wiped everything down, and went home.  My aunt came by and brought me a couple of bird's beak plants; I just love them, and whenever I see them, I get one, but they always seem to die, so this time I'm going to try to work really hard to see if I can keep them alive. I watched TV until Karen came in; she fed the hungry little guy and then fit me before we started doing personal care and, of course, in the end, a nice long hot relaxing bath. She put me back to bed and took off for the evening. I worked some more, trying to figure out all that I would need to have on my chrome book; I love organizing. I watched TV for a while and eventually fell asleep.





No comments: