Saturday, June 12, 2021

Another week, here we go…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry little guy, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. We've been doing the personal care on Sunday evenings because I don't usually do anything on Sundays, and I love being able to get up early Monday morning and have the whole day with just me and my little buddy. I've been trying to drink more water and eat better, I have this weird addiction to noodles, and even though I shouldn't have them, I just can't help myself. Luckily everything went by really smoothly, so I was up and ready to go early, I really thought it was going to take a long time, and I would end up staying in bed, so I'm really thankful I got to get up and cruise around. On my way out most days, I take pictures of my yard; I love my yard so much! On the way out, we cruised across the street to my uncle and aunt's house, and she was showing me all the work they've been doing in their backyard; they always seem to find the cutest little things to put in their garden, and around the backyard… Almost everything somebody has discarded, or my uncle got at the cancer store or the happy Dragon in Los Gatos. We cruised down to the wharf, and by the time I got down there, my camera slipped down, and I didn't get to take any pictures, it's so frustrating, and I'm pretty sure all I would have to do is ask anybody who I ran into to fix it, but for some reason, I just don't. We cruised down to the end of the wharf, and then it was already time to cruise back home; I watched TV for a little while until Adriana came in. She put me to bed after fed Dude, fed me, washed some laundry, cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. I started looking at some of the pictures on the wharf website, and I was a little frustrated I didn't get any pictures, so I took some off their website. When we were cruising down the wharf, I ran into one of the maintenance guys. He told me that they had to clean up the beach because the boardwalk is not back up yet. However, the tourists are still coming over and not picking up their garbage, don't they want this place to look nice when they come over here?? He said that they don't want anybody to take pictures of how littered the beaches, so they go out there and clean it up, it's so cool how proud they are of where they live and where they work. I was looking around on Facebook, for some reason, I don't really cruise around on Facebook too much anymore… I also used to post a lot of pictures, but I don't do that anymore either. Several times I posted pictures, and a couple people in the pictures asked me to please take them down, so I just don't like to post them anymore. I ran across some pictures on my cousin Debbie's Facebook page, and I kind of felt a little sad that we lost touch for so long, I didn't get to watch her kids grow up. She is one of the most amazing people I have ever met; she can do anything, and she such a loving and giving person. Whether she's decorating, cooking, or baking, helping her brother Kevin remodel one of his units… I could go on and on. When we were younger, we hung around a lot together, and as we grew older, we just lost touch. When I met my ex at the age of 18, I pretty much lost touch with all of my family when I moved away to Stockton, Lodi, and then Tracy. I wish I could do it all over again, and I would surely change a lot, but then maybe I would be the person I am today; I'm starting to like myself more than I ever have. I am really thankful that I'm getting to know not only my cousin but her whole family; they are all just really amazing people! I actually have a really, really good family, and I feel blessed! I listen to music for a while, watch TV, and eventually fell asleep.

































































 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me. When she pulls me out from underneath my computer Dude usually jumps up on my bed, and we have a little bonding time; he is so cute and so funny… My sweet little clown. She got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I went for a little cruise down to the end of the wharf and back while Cindy cleaned out the refrigerator; whenever I go shopping, I seem to always buy way too much food… I don't know why and I can't seem to stop myself. I know it's always going to be a good day when I can look at the beautiful ocean. My first appointment was with Jennifer by an aesthetician; while she was waxing my face, I asked her if she had ever waxed inside anybody's nose… I have accidentally pulled one hair out of my nose, and I cried for five minutes, but I heard that when you wax it and pull it all out at once, it doesn't hurt at all. She asked me if I wanted to try it, and after a little more coaxing, I agreed; I was really, really curious. She put the hot wax in my nose and left the stick in the middle; when it was hard enough to pull out, she pilled a little off the tip of my nose, and I immediately thought I was making a big mistake; it really hurt. She counted to three and gave a big yank, and I was shocked because it didn't hurt at all; I didn't really notice that I had a lot of hair in my nose, but I sure saw a lot on the wax… It looked like a big rat. I told Cindy about it on our way over to my appointment with Yasel, and she looked at me like I was crazy.  She also gave me some powdered college and told me to put it in anything liquid, and it would help with so many things. I always enjoy seeing Yasel, and we sometimes run into her boyfriend Nathan, who was my physical therapist years ago… It really is a small world! I seem to have the same appointment with a couple of friends I met along the way, Roger and Foster; I met Roger when I went to Dominican rehab because he scheduled all the appointments for the wheelchair clinic, and I was in there a lot. We talked and decided to start a support group; it seemed to be really popular if we had a big party, barbecue, or a lot of food, but it just didn't seem to get off the ground. We tried again a couple years later with the same result; both of us were really hoping it would get off the ground. Lately, we've been talking about starting one again; maybe everybody is ready after this crazy pandemic? One of the physical therapists, Elizabeth, said she would like to get together and start another one… Of course, I was really excited and told her she can count me in. Foster, I met because he has a nonprofit called Shared AdventuresHis goal is to offer opportunities for social and recreational interaction for people of all abilities. It is the only program in Santa Cruz County that offers a year-round calendar of recreational events that is completely inclusive! We cater to people of all walks of life, including age, ability, and our veterans. Both are really amazing people! We have been leaving Dude at home when we go to my physical therapy appointment because Joy comes by to take him out for a cruise, and she helps me with stuff like wearing his tennis shoes, so we don't burn his feet, she is so sweet and gentle, and she can get due to do ANYTHING! Adriana came in and fed the hungry guy and then put me to bed. She fed me and straightened up a little bit, wiped everything down, and then went home. I watched TV and played games on the computer until I fell asleep.










 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice relaxing two-hour massage; I can't believe the pinched nerve on the back of my left shoulder is pretty much gone… It's so nice to move around and not suddenly let out a scream anymore. Karen came in and got me something to eat; Dude already ate when Susan got here. We did some personal care and a hot relaxing bath. I decided to stay in bed because everything took so long that by the time I get up in my chair, it will be time just to go back to bed. I listen to music for a while until Adriana came in. She fed Dude and then fed me; she did a couple of laundries and then wrote everything down before she left. I tried to catch up on my blog and listen to music while editing my pictures until I fell asleep.


 Thursday was a great day! Karen came in and fed the hungry home, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I'm ready to start my day! Karen got me dressed and up in my chair, and Dude and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon, up through the butterfly/Bee garden, and right onto the rail trail… I've wanted to cruise along here for a long time to see how far it goes, but the weather hasn't been nice enough. Supposedly I think it's supposed to eventually go all the way to do Scotts Valley, I think. I can't wait; it's so nice to cruise around and not have to worry about watching out for unleashed dogs, although I'm sure they're everywhere. Somebody painted a stunning mural on the side of one of the buildings, and I tried to get a picture of it, but my camera dropped down, I think all he managed to get as part of the mural, so I took two pictures. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, and then home. Even though I pretty much always take a picture of the same places, I get really bummed when my camera drops down and can't take any more pictures. We cruised back home and kicked back in the driveway listening to music for a while until Rosalie came in; she fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. I've been trying to unclutter and really dust everything in my house… I don't know if it's dust or what, but my face just seems to be always irritated, red and itchy. I had a drawer full of cosmetics that I bought way too much of, so we went through and got rid of some of that, I do really feel good the more stuff I get rid of, but I just hate to do it! She claimed and wiped everything down and then went home.  My mom sent me a picture of this beautiful lighted rose my cousin got her for Mother's Day! He's always so thoughtful! I spent the rest of the evening watching the ninety-day fiancé until I fell asleep.










 Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry little Dude, and then she fed me, we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, and surprisingly it went by pretty fast. She got me dressed and up in my chair, and Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk, and back… There weren't many people, but it looks like many people are working getting everything ready to open; everything is really getting back to somewhat of normalcy. We cruised on home, and I watch TV for a while until Rosalie came in; she fed the hungry pooch, put me to bed, fed me, cleaned up and wiped everything down, and went home. I edited pictures for a long time while I listen to music. I decided to just watch TV until I fell asleep, or I would never fall asleep; if I don't stop myself from editing pictures, I end up staying up till like two or three in the morning. I did eventually fall asleep.





























 Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed. Dude fed me and then got me dressed and up in my chair; everything is opening up a little bit more, but I'm hoping it's not too crowded to cruise around safely. Sometimes I get nervous, especially at the boardwalk, because people dash around so much, but I think it's good practice for Dude and me to cruise through a crowd and not have him try to sniff everybody. The wharf can get pretty crowded sometimes, but we will see. The wharf was really crowded, but everybody was so happy and nice to be out and about again. We cruised down to the end and back, and on the way back down, there was a bunch of people, tables and chairs hanging out where the Paradise hotdogs used to be. As I drove by, a lady stopped me and asked my name; she took out a little card that she had painted and wrote something on the back. She told me it was a bunch of artists getting together and just making people happy; she was lovely! I cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and back and noticed that my camera had been running the whole time; I guess I'm not going to be taking too many pictures after all. We cruised on home; when I left, Omar was working on Patrick's memorial bench. It looked amazing! He did such an awesome job; I can't wait for my uncle, my aunt, and my cousin to see it. Rosalie came in and fed my starving little boy and then put me to bed; she cruised over to the food truck over by her house and got me some Quesa Birria tacos; I love these so much! She cleaned up the kitchen, put some clothes away, helped me clean out one of my drawers, and then went home. I started watching TV and then kept falling asleep; I can't believe I'm sleeping so well, but I like it. Finally, I fell back to sleep.















 Sunday was a pretty relaxing day. Cindy came in, and fed Dude fed me. Since I was staying in bed, Cindy decided to take Dude for a nice long cruise to give him a little bit of exercise. When she got back, she cleaned up and wiped everything down and then went home. The rest of the day was pretty much watching TV, listening to music, editing pictures, and napping until Karen came in at noon. We did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath and then back into bed; Karen fed Dude and then got me something to eat, cleaned up, and went home. I love it when everything gets done early, and I still have a lot of time to relax for the evening. I decided Sunday evenings I'm going to start watching a movie; I went online and looked up some good movies that had come out in the past, so I'm starting a list. I started feeling a little sleepy, so I watched some TiVo programs and then fell asleep.

No comments: