Sunday, June 20, 2021

Another MRI this week, not looking forward to it but everybody's always so nice and helpful…

 Monday was a really nice day. Karen came in and fed the hungry knucklehead, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. We have all day to cruise around, and it's an awesome day! Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back and over to the boardwalk and back home. It looks like everybody went back over the hill after the weekend but left most of their garbage; it's so frustrating that people don't pick up their garbage. They love to come here and visit, and how what they like to come over here and have everything trashed? Luckily we got some excellent groups of people around here that pick up after the over-the Hiller's. My brother sent me a picture of his wife Janet and the beautiful bouquet of flowers he got her for Mother's Day! We cruised back home and hung out in the driveway for a little while, practicing some commands. Adriana came in and fed the hungry poach, put me to bed, and then fed me. She put everything away, cleaned up, and then took off for home.  My uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia, Fred, and I played cribbage. Collier was my partner, and we made two dollars. I watched TV for a while, listen to music for a while, and then just drifted off to sleep.




































 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry pup and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I had another MRI, so I wasn't supposed to eat anything, everything went really smoothly, and we were out of there within a couple of hours. Hopefully, they will find out if something is wrong with my lower intestines. We were both starving, so we decided to go by Burger. up on Mission Street, definitely, my favorite place to get a burger. I got my usual Kolby sliders, tater tots, onion rings, and a peanut butter/banana shake… Of course, I don't eat it all, but I don't know what to leave out. It was pretty windy, so it was nice to get back in the van; as we turned the corner, we could see where we had been sitting, and the umbrella came up and fell over right where we would have been sitting… A narrow escape? We came back home and decided to park the van. Cindy went home, and I watched TV and waited for Adriana. She came in and fed the hungry boy, put me to bed, and then we worked on the chrome book for a little bit… I'm so glad all these ladies know their computers. She washed my face and then brush my teeth, and then went home. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.










 Wednesday was a really long day. Susan came in to give me a nice long two-hour massage; I don't know what I would do without my massages! Karen came in, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise down to the end of the wharf and back; I kicked back and watched TV for a while until Rosalie came in, Adriana took the day off because she had her second vaccination, and she anticipated she wasn't going to feel good. Rosalie took Dude and me over to meet Jan at the Santa Cruz animal shelter; they agreed to let us have a CCI puppy play date there with them once a week. They just built a really awesome facility with a couple of playgrounds. The pups are going to love this place, it's really soft dirt and some bark, and I got stuck just going in the first gate, but Jan rent right in with her manual chair… The pups are going to have a perfect time! Before we came home, we stopped by and got some casa Birria for dinner. After we got home, she fed the playful pup, put me to bed, and then fed me my tacos… I love these there so amazing!! Rosalie cleaned everything up and went home, and I relax and watch TV until I fell asleep.











 Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then got me up in my chair. Dude and I cruised down through downtown and onto my appointment with Jessica. I took a picture of some murals that I saw along the way; I also took some pictures of a Pho soup place that is right next door… I want to try it one day. My hair appointment usually takes up most of my day, so we headed back through downtown and on home. I tilted back in my chair and watch TV for a while until Rosalie came in; she fed the hungry mongrel, put me to bed, and then fed me. She did a couple of laundries, cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. I meditated for a while and then listen to some music until I fell asleep.

















 Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry hooch dog, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, always my favorite way to start the day. She got me dressed and up in my chair, and Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk, and back and then back home. Barbara is bringing her two dogs, The Captain and her new little one, over to play with Dude, Robby and her hound dog Mary Margaret were best friends when they hung out at the Woofpack, and in fact, they passed up the way about a week apart. We got along really well, and I think we struck up excellent friends; we really have a lot in common. They played for a while, rested for a while, played for a while… And so on. Rosalie came in, and they decided that it was time to go home. She fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. She washed some clothes, watered the plants outside, cleaned up, and then went home. Dude was already out, so I knew that he would sleep perfectly tonight; I always feel really good at the end of the day when Dude is ready for bed. I listen to some music for a while, edited some pictures, and added a couple of concerts to my homepage before I myself drifted off to sleep.





































Saturday was another great day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry pup, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. She took off early to go and help Adriana set up Niko's graduation party; she was going to have it at her house. Still, a friend of hers asked her to house it for her, and her house is out on West Cliff Drive, and she has a wonderful place, so she decided to have it there. Unfortunately, the house is not wheelchair accessible, so I'm not going to be able to go. Omar came by and replanted my lemon trees and put some plant holders on the fence for my smaller plants; it really looks awesome! It's got the lemon trees in the front yard and the tomato plants on the back porch… I love to just pick the tomatoes off and eat them because they taste just like candy. I decided that I'm trying to get too many people to do too many things, so from now on, the caregivers will do caregiver stuff. The housekeeper will do housekeeper stuff, and I'm going to find a gardener to do the gardener stuff. I just want everything done so fast and so well that I try to push everything on everyone, and it's really not working out, except I'm getting very frustrated. Plus, it's not fair to anyone helping me out; I figured once I figure that out, I can calm down a little bit and focus on what is supposed to be done and when. My life's goal now is to get my life organized. Rosalie came in and fed the hungry hound dog, put me to bed, and then fed me. She cleaned up a little bit, watered the plants outside, and then went home. I watched TV for a little while until I fell asleep.

















 Sunday was a typical Sunday. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then put me on my side for a while to give my bottom a break. We set up some more caregiver stuff on the chrome book, I'm really starting to learn a lot about this, and I love it. She took Dude out for a little cruise, cleaned everything up, and then went home. Karen came in at noon, and I wasn't starving, so we decided to just get to it; we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and then back to bed. Everything went pretty smoothly; it's been going a lot better since Dr. Owens put me on a new iron pill that doesn't make me sick all the time. Karen fed Dude, fed me, and then cleaned everything up and went home. I spent the rest of the evening listening to music while editing my pictures and catching up on my blog. I'm getting closer and closer. I watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.





No comments: