Saturday, June 26, 2021

Dudes fifth birthday party…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry pup, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I went for a cruise through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back, it was such a beautiful day, and I wanted to just cruise around all day… When the weather is beautiful like this, I don't really want to go home and go back to bed. We cruised back home and sat outside in the driveway for a while, just tilting back and relaxing. I got a text from Adriana saying that there was an electrician who needed to do some work at the house where she was housesitting, and he had locked himself in the bathroom because the ladies two dogs were looking at him; she sent me a picture and they are the sweetest looking dogs… She also told me that there are very sweet and wouldn't hurt a fly, but the guy was afraid of them. She went back to the house, and the guy was gone, but he had built up a barrier in the hallway with chairs so the dogs couldn't get at him. I came inside and watched TV for a while until Adriana came in; she fed the hungry hound, put me to bed, and then fed me. She is teaching me how to use Microsoft XL; I always wanted to learn this, but I'm not very good at self-teaching, and she knows a lot about this stuff, so it's awesome! She cleaned up and wiped everything down, and went home. I relaxed and watched TV until I fell asleep.















 Tuesday was a great day. Cindy came in and fed Dude, got me dressed, and up in my chair.  I had a video visit with my spinal cord injury Doctor, we've had a video visit every three months, but I'm having problems with my bladder leaking; I heard that Botox is good, but the doctor wants to try medication before she does Botox, so she put me on Baclofen and oxybutynin… Both for spasms, but they make you really sleepy all the time. Dr. Yu told me I need to get in touch with my urologist and tell him to go ahead with the Botox. Today was Dudes birthday party, he turns five on the 14th, but we decided to have his party today. I invited everybody from the CCI puppy play date and a couple of friends; I bought some pinwheels and cheesecake. Some puppy cake and ice cream for the dogs, and I got a bunch of toys we were going to put in a big jumbo gift bag and turn it upside down and put a tug rope on it and have Dude pull on it until it opens like a piñata and watch all the dogs dived for the toys… That was the plan, but it didn't happen that way. My aunt and uncle took my mom over the hill to see their heart Doctor; they always make appointments on the same day. My cousin texted me and said that he wouldn't be able to make it to the party because his truck broke down on Summit Road; at the time, I forgot about my mom and his parents going over the hill, so he had no one to rescue him. My aunt called, and Cindy agreed to rescue my cousin Rich, so we didn't really have time to put anything out for the party. We didn't get to make a sign to ask everybody to come through the house instead of opening up the gate in the driveway; the gate opens really wide, and I'm always afraid dogs will run out. Even though I was a little stressed and having to do everything by myself without Cindy made me really nervous, but it turned out that everyone had a perfect time. There were about eight dogs, and they had a perfect time playing together while we chatted; it's the first time that we have gotten together for a long time. At the end of the day, we all had a good laugh, and thank goodness nobody got hurt. Cindy took me to my appointment with Jennifer and brought me back home after. Adriana came in and fed the hungry hound, put me to bed, and then fed me. She cleaned up and gave me some medical chocolate, and then went home; I spent the rest of the evening just relaxing and watching TV until I fell asleep.








 Wednesday was another relaxing day.  Susan came in to give me a nice long deep massage; everything hurt… I don't know how but she knows how to just find the right place, and it hurts really bad for a while and then goes away. Karen came in and got me something to eat, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. We put my wheelchair outside because April would come by from Numoton and put on my new headrest. I decided to stay in bed and relax; Karen got me some lunch and then cleaned up and went home. I listen to music and edited pictures until Adriana came in. She fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, and then went to the grocery store to pick up some salad fixings and then made some salads for me… She makes the best salads. She cleaned up and went home, and I watched TV until I fell asleep.








 Thursday was another cold day, so I stayed in bed. Karen came in and fed the hungry little boy, fed me, and because I was still having chills, we did some more personal care which took pretty much all day. This iron that I have been taking is really making me feel bad, I'm losing a lot of weight because I can't eat, but that's not really how I wanted to lose it… I like my weight at what it is now, approximately 180 pounds, and I hope I can keep it this way because I like how I look in my chair. I got to take a nice long hot bath when it was finally over, but as soon as I got back into bed, it was time for Rosalie to come in and feed the wild pup. She got me something to eat, and I tried to eat a little bit, although my body's just worn out and exhausted. Rosalie took Dude out for a little cruise, did a couple loads of laundry, wiped everything down, and then went home. I had some medical cannabis, and my body finally calmed down enough to go to sleep.

 Friday was a really great day. Karen came in and fed the hungry Dude, fed me, and then got me dressed up in my chair. Since we ended up doing personal care yesterday, I get to get up early today and cruise around all day; I'm so excited! We cruised through Depot Park, down to the side of Cowell's beach, where there is a little bit of a wheelchair ramp… It's the closest that I can get to the water, and I always like to stop there and take a couple pictures of the water bouncing off the rocks. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then down to the end of the wharf again and back home… It's so nice to be out and about again and see everybody getting ready for the crowds on the weekend. We kicked back in the driveway for a while and hung out and listen to music until Rosalie came in; she fed the hungry dog, put me to bed, and then fit me. She climbed up and wiped everything down and then went home. I listened to music for a while while I edited some pictures and watched TV until I fell asleep.

































 Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and put me on my side for a while. Next weekend we are having a big birthday bash it's uncle Dick's, Claudius, Matt's, Jude and I"s birthday, so we're going to combine them and have one big party. When I was out there last week, I noticed that the pergola was really dirty, and there were cobwebs all over, so I decided to stay in bed and let everybody concentrate on cleaning up the pergola and the garage. Cindy and Omar went out there and knocked it out in no time at all; they are so awesome! The back porch also needs help, but that won't take very long. Cindy straightened everything out while Omar power washed everything, and it looked awesome! I love how they always send me pictures to see how amazing it looks; Cindy even took before and after pictures. I feel so lucky to have this great crew to help me out! Rosalie came in and fed the hungry pup and then fed me; she did a couple loads of laundry, put some laundry away, cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. I spent the rest of the evening making sure I had everything for the party and decided what we needed to order and who would make what. I invited like 62 people, but I knew that probably not even half would show up, so I wasn't too worried; I figured about 20 people would show up. I decided to make it a potluck, and I ordered some beans and rice from El Palomar, and Omar was going to barbecue skirt steak and make guacamole and salsa. I invited a friend that I used to work with, and I hadn't seen her for 20 years, and I was so excited that she said yes that she was going to come; I even messaged her to make sure it wasn't a mistake, and she said yes! I watched TV until I drifted off to sleep.















 Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry pup, fed me, and put me on my side for a while. She helped me go over the arrangements for next weekend; I just want to make sure everything is perfect. She also took some pictures of my cherry tomato plants; they are looking so great! Usually, the plants around my yard die; my ex used to say I have a black thumb, but now that I have people to help me out there actually looking pretty good. I saw some pictures on the wharf of this big humongous red ball, but they were rolling around; unfortunately, I didn't get to take any pictures, but I lifted them off the Santa Cruz wharf website. Apparently there rolling it all around Santa Cruz for awareness for the Santa Cruz Museum of Art in History (MAH); my friend Trish messaged me yesterday and said it was down on Cowell's beach and did I want to go down. With her to check it out… Unfortunately, I was already home, and it was about time for my caregiver to come in, so she sent me pictures. Adriana came in and fed the hungry pop, and Keith came over to say hello; the dude just adores Keith and goes nuts whenever he comes over… It's so adorable! He found a bug in the front yard and was carrying around showing it to everyone; it looked like one of those cicada bugs that I keep saying on the news… They supposedly invade the area for a while and then suddenly leave. Omar sent me some pictures of all the little pop-up food carts that are all over the beach between the wharf and the boardwalk; last year, there was a big fight down there, and they were supposed to ban them, but they are back. I guess they just made it so if everybody got food permits, they could sell whatever they were selling, and they boxed off little areas for them; they're even pulling wagons across the beach now selling stuff. I can't remember where I got them from, but I found some really awesome pictures of some palm trees with rainbows over and across them; they were gorgeous, so I lifted them off the Internet. Adriana got me something to eat, and then we did some personal care; Karen is off visiting her mom, so Adriana is filling in. It went by really fast; she gave me about them and then put me back to bed. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.






















No comments: