Thursday, June 24, 2021

It's almost the beginning of June, Dude''s birthday as well as mine is this month…

 Monday was a perfect day. Karen fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I have pretty much all day to cruise around and do whatever we want, and it's a wonderful day. We took off through the lagoon and up to the rail trail; we cruised all the way down to the end of the rail trail… They're supposedly going to extend it all the way to Scotts Valley, but it just goes to the end of Santa Cruz for now. So we turned around and cruised back, cruised through Bay St., Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, partway over to the boardwalk, and then we turned around and decided to go back down to the end of the wharf and then home. I hung out for a little bit and watch TV until Adriana came in to feed the dog and then put me to bed and feed me. I'm not wasting as many groceries because I'm not going shopping, I'm limiting myself to just what Heather makes, what I get from La Vie, and the fruits I get from farm fresh to you every other week… It works out perfectly. If I do have a craving and need something else, I can have groceries added to my order from farm fresh to you from local farmers. She made me a couple of salads and then headed off home. My uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia, and I played cribbage… Claudia was my partner, and we kicked butt. I meditated and then listen to music until I fell asleep.





































Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry Dude, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. This is the first time that I can remember in a long time that we actually have nothing to do, no doctor's appointments, and no errands. Cindy took off to go on a walk with her brother and Dude, and I just cruised aimlessly around Santa Cruz; my camera wasn't working, so I didn't get to take any pictures, but it was nice to just cruise around and see everybody putting Santa Cruz back together again. We cruised up and down the wharf, up and down the boardwalk, partway down Westcliff Drive, up and down the wharf one more time before we went home. We even had time to kick back and watch TV for a little before Adriana came in to feed the hungry pooch and drive me over to the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium to get a covid test. We cruised back home, and Adriana put me to bed, got me something to eat, cleaned up a little bit, watered the plants outside, did a couple loads of laundry, and then went home. I copied a couple things over to the chrome book; it's really coming together and looking good. I watched some programs I had on TiVo until I fell asleep.

 Wednesday was another good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long relaxing massage; I think I slept through the whole thing. Karen came in and got me something to eat, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. Whenever Karen takes Dude out to go potty, he always rolls over on his back and makes the cutest faces, so she takes a picture and sends it to me; he is so adorable! Dude and I took off for a nice little cruise around Santa Cruz; we cruised through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back. There's this one restaurant on the wharf that became a hazard, and they had to tear it down; I met the guy that owned it a couple of times… He used to stand out in front and give away coupons for his restaurant, and he was so animated when he talked that Robby would always get excited. While he was going through a divorce, two of his boys drove off the wharf, and I know the one that was driving past away, and I know the other one was in critical condition, but I never heard the outcome. The guy was so devastated she just closed up the restaurant and walked away. Now it's just a big fenced-off deck, and about this time when I go by there, you can see a bunch of Siegel's nests, and then pretty soon you see the babies walking around. There were so many people fishing that I had to cruise by all of the restaurants; I usually cut through the middle of the wharf just in case Dude decides to stop suddenly and poop… That is so embarrassing. I took some pictures of how all of the restaurants set up their dining outside during the pandemic, I don't know if they're ever going to move everything back inside, but it would be nice because they're wasting so many perfect parking places. As I was cruising back down to the end of the war, I saw this really cool miniature VW bus; it must've originated from England because the steering wheel was on the wrong side; I assume that some kid was driving it and a couple people stopped him to ask him questions about it… It was really awesome! We cruised back home, and I tilted back and watch TV and waited for Adriana to come in; she fed the hungry pooch, and then we loaded up in the car and went over to the Civic Auditorium so I could get a covid test. We stopped by Safeway and picked up my prescriptions and some groceries, and headed back home. Adriana put me to bed and then got me something to eat, did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned up and wiped everything down, and then went home. I spent the rest of the evening editing pictures and trying to catch up on my blog before I fell asleep.





































 Thursday was another relaxing day. I'm starting to get the pinched nerve back behind my shoulder, only this time it's behind the left shoulder instead of the right; I never have these problems in the summer. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage, and I felt better, but I decided to stay in bed where it was nice and warm. Karen came in and got me something to eat and took Dude out for a nice long walk; I'm so glad that I have somebody to give him a little exercise when I stay in bed. Karen went home, and I tried really hard to catch up on my blog; I like two or three weeks behind… Thank goodness I take pictures and have a calendar, or else I wouldn't remember what I did from day today. Rosalie came in and fed the hungry Dude, fed me, did some laundry and put away what was outside, cleaned up, and then went home. I just watched TV for the rest of the evening until I fell asleep.





 Friday was another day in bed. Karen came in and got me something to eat; we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath… Susan came in to give me a nice long massage; massages are the only thing that makes me feel better anymore. Okay, about feels as good as a massage. Karen cleaned up and went home, and I pretty much just watch TV all day until Rosalie came in; she fed Dude, fed me, clean some laundry and put some away, wiped everything down, and then went home. I listen to some music for a while and then put on an audiobook and fell asleep.
















 Saturday was another day in bed. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound, fed me, and then cleaned out the freezer. I must've eaten something with eggs because my whole face broke out in a rash; it itched so much. I started a new food for Dude, CCI put him on a diet, and now that he's lost what he needs to lose, I need to find something to put him on permanently… CCI didn't like the food that I was giving him because it didn't have any grain in it, and apparently, a dog needs grain, the vets of the same thing. I've been saying this food advertised on TV called farmer's dog, so I read up on it a little bit and decided to give it a try, I should have asked the vet or CCI, and I don't know why I didn't. He was so hungry all the time with the diet food that I decided to feed him the same amount of food, but four times a day; that was a big mistake because every time my caregiver moved, he looked at them like he expected more food. I really hope he likes this food. Omar came in and put together my little greenhouse, and he and Cindy put my herbs in there. I also bought some planting pot holders to hang some of my plants on the fence; Omar also put those up and sent me some pictures, and it looks really awesome! We were supposed to have a little birthday party for Omar, but my chair died, so we decided to postpone it if we're going to have a party, I would much rather be up in my chair, so I can move around. Rosalie came in and fed the hungry puppy, fed me, get a couple loads of laundry, wiped everything down, and then left. I kind of like it when my caregivers go home early, and I have the whole evening to do nothing but play games, listen to my music as loud as I want, edit pictures, and watch TV. It took a while, but I fell asleep.




















 Sunday was another day in bed. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog, fed me, straightened up my room, watered my plants… My herbs are looking much happier in their little greenhouse. She took Dude for a little walk and then went home. I watched TV for a while until Karen came in; she fed the little guy, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She put me back to bed and then went home. Adriana sent me some pictures of Keith's birthday party, he is so sweet, and the family loves him so much. Niko invited my uncle to watch him play football; my uncle was so thrilled and now wants to go to every game… So do I. The rest of the evening, I just relaxed and watched TV; I've been staying away from that cannabis edibles, so I decided to try some and had a nice relaxing evening.













No comments: