Monday, June 14, 2021

I'm finally going to get tested to see what I'm allergic to…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry little guy, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I have to cruise around with my little buddy all day, so we're going to go cruise down the rail trail; I haven't yet seen it really crowded, so it feels good to just cruise down to the end and back. We cut through Bay St., Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home… That's about 6 miles. It felt so great to get out, it seems like even one day in bed anymore, and I get so antsy, but it makes me enjoy this beautiful place where we live even more. I wanted to go grocery shopping, but I remembered that we are playing cribbage tonight, so I will just have Adriana put me to bed, and we can go shopping tomorrow or Wednesday. When Adriana came in, she fed the hungry hound dog, put me to bed, and fed me just in time for the cribbage game to show up. My mom was my partner, and we ended up breaking even; that's way better than losing. I was getting really sleepy and dozed off a couple times while we were playing cribbage, so after everybody left, I had no problems falling asleep.




 Tuesday ended up being a hectic day with not a lot of pictures. Cindy came in and fed the hungry Dude, got me dressed, and up in my chair. Our first stop was the lab to give some fasting blood; that's why I couldn't eat anything… Not even any coffee. A second appointment was with Dr. Gowda, my new allergist; I've wanted to get many tests to determine exactly what I am allergic to and whether the hives I've been getting are from food stress or anxiety. He wanted me to go back and give a couple more vials of blood so he could do the allergy testing, so we did; I wonder how many vials of blood is recommended to give in a day? We were going to go get something to eat after, but when we got coffee after my appointment with the allergist, I got a vegan breakfast sandwich, and I was still full; we are both really trying to eat healthier and drink more water anyway. We cruised by Safeway to get my prescriptions and then came on home. This is where we do change the guards, Cindy went home, and her sister Adriana took over and fed the hungry pup, and then we cruised over to Safeway to do some grocery shopping… Mostly salad stuff. I'm trying to not go to the store at all because no matter what time of day, I'm always hungry and get way more than I need; I even started my groceries from farm fresh to you, so I don't need to really go to the store at all. My knee sent me a picture of my nephew David and their bird; animals just seem to adore David… That's how I always tell who the good people are because animals always know. The whole time that I had Robby, I only met one person that he would not even get near, we went over to the boardwalk to get a picture taken with Santa, and even though he's had his picture taken with Santa plenty of times, he would not sit or lay next to this guy… He kept getting up and walking away and lying down. I've been thinking about getting a bicycle, so when I have visitors, they can keep up with me and my chair, so while we were at the allergist, I saw this really cool bike; I took a picture so I could save it for later to look up online. Adriana put me to bed and then helped me set up my chrome book for my caregiver stuff. We are starting to keep daily logs of everything, so I thought wouldn't it be cool to put it all on a chrome book so whenever I go to the doctor, and he needs to find something out, we have the information right there, since now whenever I go there are a lot more questions and when I was younger. Luckily Adriana and her sister Cindy know a lot about Exel and Microsoft Word, so all they have to do is teach me; I'm so old I wonder if I remember everything the day after. We are also doing a daily caregiver log so whoever comes in during the day knows what was happening the shift before. I love all this getting organized; next am working on my house… I hope to do a lot of purging and organizing, and I think I'll start with the garage. I think I fell asleep pretty quickly after Adriana left, it was a busy day, and I was down a lot of blood.




 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry mongrel and then fed me; we did some personal care and, of course, a nice long hot relaxing bath. It took a really long time and two baths, so I'm pretty much done for the day. When I only have an hour or two to cruise around, it's really not worth getting up unless I have been stuck in bed for a very long time.  Karen was telling me about these churro chips she got from farm fresh to you, so of course, I had to try them, and they were amazing! So after Karen went home, I napped a little bit, listened to some music, and watched TV. I got another butcher box in the mail; I got two of them from two different people, and I thought I stopped them after the first couple of boxes, but apparently, I must've opened each one with a different mailing address… I do that all the time, and then I close it down, or I think I close it down, but I only closed down one. I wish I was more organized. My cousin Debbie sent me some pictures of her, her sister Kelly and her daughter Carmen and my little brother Dave. Debbie and Carmen were in Florida, Carmen was doing an internship with one of Kelly's friends, and my brother David said he would go down and surprise them… Debbie has not seen Dave for about 20 years, and he and Carmen have never met. I was so excited for both of them to get to meet him! I can't wait until all of us can get together here in Santa Cruz and just spend a lot of time. Adriana came in and fed the hungry little guy, fed me, and then helped me some more with my chrome book. We are both getting sleepy, so we decided to just call it a night and go home and get some rest; I was out probably 20 minutes after she left.












 Thursday was another great day. Karen came in and fed the hungry guy, fed me, and got me dressing up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise around Santa Cruz, I miss being out and cruising around, and it's such a beautiful day. We cruised through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back; everybody's cleaning up and painting, waiting for the crowds to come over the hill tomorrow. We cruised down to the middle of the boardwalk and back; everybody was rushing around there, also trying to get everything done. I'm happy to see the people coming back over to the wharf and Boardwalk again; I wish some of them would clean up after themselves a little more. I love seeing all the new things coming out; this guy looked like he was writing this thing that looked like a surfboard, only about half the size… It did have a motor on it, and when he started the motor, it lifted up a little bit. I don't know how to explain it, but I did get a couple videos of it; now I just have to figure out how to put the videos on my blog. We cruised home, and I tilted back and watch TV for a bit. Rosalie came in and fed the hungry mongrel, put me to bed, and then fed me. She did a couple of laundries, cleaned everything up, wiped everything down, and then went home for the evening. I just spent the rest of the evening watching TV and editing pictures; most of the time, by the time I get down to the wharf, my camera has tilted, so I like to straighten all the pictures out… It must be the OCD in me. I listen to music until I fell asleep.


























 Friday was another long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry little guy, fed me, and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath… The necessary evil that turns out with a nice long hot relaxing bath. She got me dressed enough in my chair, and we didn't have long left before my evening caregiver came in, so we made the most of it. I took some pictures of the yard, but that's about all I had time for; by the time I cruised over to the wharf, my camera had dropped. My cousin sent me some more pictures of the lunch they had with my brother, who flew out to Florida to surprise them; I wish I could've been there! It was getting late, so we cruised back home and watch TV until Rosalie came in. She fed Dude, put me to bed, and then filled me. She buzzed around for a little bit and cleaned up, and then went home. My brother has a page on Facebook called Dead Comedian Society which has all kinds of really cool, funny, and interesting posts about comedians. He put in a piece about a guy from the original young Rascals named Douglas Greer. I met this guy at Sunshine Villa, an independent care facility here in Santa Cruz. A couple of friends of mine worked there, and I used to get my hair done there. I was leaving one day, and he was sitting in the lobby, and we started up a conversation; I must have talked to him for hours, and he pretty much told me all about his life but not who he was. As we finally said goodbye, he handed me one of his cards and told me to look him up on the Internet. When I got home and in bed that night, I looked him up, and his story was so fascinating! He did tell me to come back and visit him, and I was looking forward to it when one of my friends told me that he had passed… I'm so glad that I met him and got to talk to him! since I didn't get very many pictures, I went on the boardwalk website and lifted a couple; if I can't see it for myself, sometimes I just love to see the pictures somebody else took. Rosalee fed the hungry boy, put me to bed, and then fed me. We cleaned out a drawer that has probably not been looked at for many months, and I really, really tried to throw stuff away… I think I need a lot more practice. Rosalie went home, and I just hung around, relax and watch TV until I fell asleep.




















































































 Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry little guy and then fed me. I decided to stay in bed to do some more work on my new chrome book; I'm so excited about this project! I'm starting to learn a little bit, but I just hope that I don't forget everything I learned to baby tomorrow. All the girls seem to be excited about it also, so I know it's going to be a good thing. Cindy took off to take her brothers over the hill for a haircut, and I just played with the programs and added what I remembered and don't remember; we can do a refresher course tomorrow. When Rosalie came in, I was getting really nervous because I felt weird; the left half of my face was no, my left cheek felt really tight, and so did my left arm; I was sweating behind my shoulder and down my left arm. Usually, I get this feeling while redoing the bowel program, it's called autonomic dysreflexia, but since I'm not doing about the program, it makes me feel even more nervous. I don't want to be paranoid, and I don't want to be a hypochondriac, but I'm getting really nervous, so I decided to call Dr. on demand; I see Dr. Phil boast about it every day. I thought, what the heck. It took a while to get signed up because I was really nervous, and then it took a while to wait for a doctor/nurse. I wasn't sure which I got, but I was thankful for whichever one. We went through the whole blood pressures, temperatures, and symptoms, and she wasn't really nervous, which calmed me down a lot. She had me scratching my face and open my eyes real big and do some other stuff with my face and my arms and said it definitely wasn't a heart attack or stroke; that's what I was afraid of. She told me to take my blood pressure three times a day for a week and then go see my primary care Doctor. My body calm down, and then I felt better; the doctor on demand said it could also be stress or anxiety, and she thought that was pretty much what it was. Rosalie got me something to eat and then cleaned up and went home. Omar came by this morning and cut a barrel that he had out there in half, put some casters on it so we could roll it around, and replanted the tomato bushes in them. He also transplanted a couple of lemon trees, the tomatoes he put up here on the back porch, and the lemon trees he put in the front yard. He helped me order a little greenhouse for all of my herbs. I tried to meditate, listen to some music and watch a movie on TV to distract myself, and it must've worked because I fell asleep.
















 Sunday was another relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry hound dog and then fed me. She did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and took Dude out for a nice long cruise. I felt like I have so much time to get lots of stuff done by the time Karen comes in at noon, but I usually don't, but if everything goes right, I'll have plenty of time at the end of the day. Cindy cleaned up and took some pictures of my red irritated face and then went home, and Karen came in at noon; she fed the hungry little guy and then fed me. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, and I got to go back to bed and just relax for the rest of the evening.  My aunt sent me a couple pictures of a cocoon that latched onto her yard hose and getting ready to come out into a butterfly. I watched some TV, edited some pictures and then listen to some music until I fell asleep.







No comments: