Monday, August 26, 2019

David and Melissa coming to visit…

Monday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and I decided to stay in bed and relax, I have more company coming this week and some long hours. It was really nice just relaxing and watching TV, editing my pictures, listening to audible books and music. Lisa texted me and said that they tented her house for termites and asked if she could stay in the guest room tonight, of course, I told her of course. The day went by kinda fast and before I knew it it was time for Rosa to come in and feed the hungry crew and then she fed me. We brushed my teeth and wash my face and my mom, my cousin Kelly, Claudia and I played cribbage… My mom was my partner and I lost six dollars, we got skunked twice. I was pretty tired by the time everybody left so I was out. My high school friend that I ran into at the wharf sent me this picture, this was before I even saw him and before we recognized each other.


Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and after she fed the fur babies she fed me and then got me dressed and up in my chair.  The Woofpack came to get the very very willing Robby for his puppy play date. I decided that I'm going to start going to Ross every Tuesday until Halloween to see if they have any decorations that I can't do without since Tuesday if you're over 55 years old you get a 10% discount, there's two Rosses here plus I like to go to the Goodwill and Salvation Army store… You find a lot of really cool stuff. She dropped me off at Y studios so I can get my hair done with Jessica. After my appointment cruised back home and Rosa put me to bed after she fed these guys and gal.  Lisa texted me and said they were tenting her house for termites so she wanted to know if she could borrow my spare bedroom for the night, I told her of course but I have company coming Wednesday afternoon. Again I fell right to sleep, I've been sleeping a lot lately and it's kind of cool!

Wednesday was a really good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage and then Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, so relaxing. I was getting ready to leave, I left Dude here because I was running late and David and Melissa came for their visit, they are visiting from Oregon and it's been a really long time since we have seen them and I'm excited! Unfortunately, I had to cruise and I told him I would text them later and see if they wanted to go to the farmers market, everybody loves the farmers market! My appointment with Jennifer went by really fast, she did a facial and waxed my face. I cruised back down through town and met David and Melissa at the farmers market. We had papusa's, I was at the farmers market two weeks ago and this was a new food choice so I tried it and I LOVED it! I hope they come every week! We got some stuff for salad, some fruit, some bread, and a rotisserie chicken, fingerling potatoes, wasabi Brussel sprouts… It was as awesome as usual! It was getting warm so we cruised back home and chatted in the living room for a while until Rosa came in to feed the critters and put me to bed. David and Melissa came down and we had dinner and we watched the movie The Upside, it was really funny and everybody liked it! David and Melissa went to bed and I watch TV for a while and then fell asleep. Lisa came back with her boyfriend because the house was still not available, my mom said that they could stay upstairs in her spare bedroom.

Thursday was a really great day! Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then fit me and got me up and into my chair. I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the worth and down to the end of the outside of the boardwalk and back… Robby is doing really good these days and I'm enjoying these good days as long as they are here. After I brought Robby back Dude and I took off for my appointment at Abbott Square downtown with my psychologist, I love meeting her there… It's so comfortable and the time goes by so fast. I think it's been about a month since I have seen her so there was a lot to catch up on. After my appointment cruised down to the boardwalk, over to the wharf and just cruised around the wharf until 2:30 PM when I met my mom, David and Melissa at Olita's for lunch… I'm really trying to hold it down on carbs and sugar so I had a steak, asparagus, and roasted potatoes, I only ate about half of it and brought the rest home… It usually sits in the refrigerator for a couple of days and then we throw it out. Rosa was here when we got back cleaning the front bedroom for more company, Lisa came back with her boyfriend and stayed upstairs… They mostly stayed up and talked to my mom all night. I ended some pictures, watch TV and fell right to sleep.





























































Friday was a really great day. Cindy came in and fit the crew, Karen is off today, and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. I was going to meet David, Robbie, and Melissa at Zachary's for breakfast but everything just kept taking a lot longer and I miss them. They went golfing and dude and I took off for another long cruise through Depot Park down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf again… It's nice and cool out on the wharf and sometimes I get overheated on the boardwalk and then it's nice to cruise around the wharf again to cool down. I am really enjoying the fact that my social anxiety seems to calm down a little bit and I'm really having fun talking to people. Dude and I cruised back home and I rested for a bit and charge the battery pack I've been using for my Google glass. I took off by myself back down to the boardwalk for the fans on the beach, tonight is Steve Augeri, former lead singer for Journey. I knew there was going to be a lot of people so I wanted to be down there by 5 PM to get a good seat in front of the stage, the concert starts at 6:30 PM. I ran into a couple guys that I see there almost every week, it's nice to have somebody there so if something happens awful comfortable asking for help… One guy, Joe, comes up and asks me to let him know if I need anything. The concert was AWESOME but it went by too fast. As I was turning to leave I ran into Tom and Kelly, they missed most of the concert because they went to have dinner on the wharf but they were going to try and stay for the second show. I cruised home and rested for a while  before Sara came in to put me to bed, I wanted to eat when I came home earlier but I ran out of time so I was starving so after she put me to bed she got me something to eat and after watching TV for a while I fell asleep. I could hear David, Melissa, Robbie, Grant, and Kate outside playing beer pong on the ping-pong table… It sounded like they were having a really good time!


























































Saturday was another really great day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me, got me dressed and up in my chair. The kids were going to go to Costco and get something to barbecue for dinner so Cindy and I took off to the buttery bakery to get dessert, Melissa's birthday was a couple of days ago so we got a variety of many cakes and pies… They were awesome! I had Cindy drop me off at the wharf and Dude and I cruised down to the end and back and then home. We rested for a bit and then the boys came down to start the barbecue, it smelled really amazing! They got marinated tri-tip, macaroni and cheese, Caesar salad and they made some garlic bread. After dinner I leaned back and rested for a bit before Trish came and we left for the Mountain winery to see a day of Queen, we went there early to eat and I got some tacos but I was too excited to eat. The concert was AWESOME! He sang and acted just like Freddie Mercury. We cruised home and Sara came in and put me to bed, I was so exhausted and couldn't wait to get into bed… I fell asleep right away.













































Sunday was a really long day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and girl and then fed me. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and I pretty much just slept on and off all day. All the kids were leaving to go home, I really don't like saying goodbye. We had a really good time but as usual, it went by way too fast. Sarah came in and fed the crew and then fed me, I was so tired I fell asleep right away but then woke up at 2 PM and couldn't go back to sleep… I was still awake at 6 AM when Karen came in. She fed the fur babies and then fed me and put me on my side for a while. I slept on and off most of the day and decided to stay in bed, I wasn't feeling very well and I'm just exhausted. Sara came in and fed the crew and then got me something to eat, she didn't stay very long because it wasn't really that much to do. I watch TV for a while and then finally fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Sounds like you had a nice time visiting with your company! I didn't know Ross offered 10% off for people over 55 on Tuesday. I'll have to check if our local one does. I know our Goodwill does and I take advantage of it as I'm off on Tuesdays. I was there last week and they had a lot of Halloween stuff out already.

betty