Monday, August 12, 2019

Company, family, and more company…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, unfortunately, that wasn't the end of it and we ended up doing personal care and about three baths and didn't get done until about 2 PM… I was exhausted and I'm sure Karen was also. I ended up staying in bed and pretty much sleeping for the rest of the day until my friends Marshall and Elizabeth came to visit. Marshall only stayed long enough to drop her off and then she was going to stay for the rest of the week and he would come to get her at the end of the week. I was really exhausted and we watched a little bit of TV but I hope after a good night sleep I'll be ready to go by tomorrow. I didn't play cribbage, I told everyone they should just go across the street and play without me and I watched a little bit of TV with Elizabeth but I was just too tired and wanted.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then got me dressed and up in my chair.  The Woofpack came to get Robby for his puppy play date. Elizabeth and I took Robby for a nice little cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf and then back home. We rested for a while and hung out in the driveway with the boys and then we decided to take Dude for a cruise over to the boardwalk and hang out there for a little bit. We ran into Jimmy and talk to him for a little while and then went and got something to eat on the boardwalk and just sat and watched people. We came back home and hung out in the driveway for a little bit longer with the boys until Rosa came in. Rosa put me to bed and Elizabeth and I was going to try to watch some TV but we were both really exhausted and ended up just going to sleep.








































 Wednesday was another great day. Susan came in and I got a really nice long massage, I was so exhausted still I slept through most of it. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. We took Robby for a nice little cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf for we had some coffee and ran into Lo so she joined us for a minute… She was on her break from work. We came back home and rested for a bit and then cruise downtown to the farmers market, I don't know why I don't hang out at this place a lot more because it's really an awesome place to hang out. They had a new booth there that made Pupusas, I have never tried one before but heard from several people that they were really good so we got a couple of pork, bean, and cheese once and they were delicious! We even went back and got four more to bring home. We got some coffee and I got a blueberry scone and we just sat around for a while and enjoyed everything. We cruised back home and Rosa put me to bed, again we were going to try to watch a movie or something but we were both overheated and exhausted so we just went to bed. I played some games on the computer for a while and watch TV before I knocked out.








Thursday was another pretty great day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Robby was moving a little bit slow so we decided to leave him home and out on the back porch, he loves being out there! Elizabeth and I went for a cruise and we saw my uncle and aunt working in their yard so we went over to check out the garden, it looks so amazing! Part of it is in their front yard, part of it is in their backyard and that they have more planter boxes across the street at their triplex. We decided to come back and get something to eat before we went over to hang out at the Boardwalk and wharf. Elizabeth made us a sandwich and she sat in the backyard and relaxed while I took Robby for a cruise over to the wharf and back. We took off to just go hang out at the boardwalk at the wharf, cruising around trying to find some shade. We had some coffee and hung out a little more and I was starting to get overheated so I needed to get home.  I went over to the edge of the wharf to take a couple more pictures and I ran into Donna, I met Donna years ago… She owns a shop on the wharf called Made in Santa Cruz.  She makes these heating pillows that you can put in the microwave and it will keep you warm for a while, every time I go in there she puts a couple of them on me… She is so sweet! I always seem to wait a little bit too long and a little bit overheated turns into an anxiety attack and then it takes a couple of hours to cool down. I told Elizabeth I was going to cruise home as fast as I could to get out of the heat, I came home and wouldn't you know it… My cousin had parked her car sideways in my driveway and I couldn't get through the gate into my house so I had to sit there in the heat and wait about five minutes for Elizabeth to catch up. I think it was a mistake moving my gait farther down the driveway so I think I'm going to see if Omar can move it back. Rosa came in and fed the hungry fur babies and then put me to bed, it took me a long time to settle down and after editing the pictures that I took that day I wrote in my blog, watch TV for a while until I fell asleep.





















































Friday was a really great day. Karen came in and Fed the hungry boys and girl and then we did some personal care, a nice long relaxing bath and she got me dressed and up in my chair. Elizabeth had taken her little Tippy and Robby out for a cruise and it was just starting to get really hot so she stayed here and I took Dude for a cruise over to the end of the wharf and back before my appointment with joy, she was going to come by and see if she could teach Dude to jump up in my lap if I give him the command, just in case we're out cruising around and a dog tries to attack him. It didn't look like a very good idea so it didn't work out. We hung out in the driveway with the boys and the girls until it cooled down enough to go for a little cruise. We were going to cruise around downtown and go pick up my wharf to wharf 2019 poster that I took to FedEx to have it laminated. It still wasn't ready so we cruised across the parking lot at half dinner on the patio at Mobo's Japanese restaurant, I love this place and used to go all the time but it's been a while. At 8 o'clock every night this guy did what he called "sake bombs" where he would line up a bunch of beer mugs and put shots around the rim, he would let one go and all the rest of them would fall all the way down the line… It was so awesome to watch! I think you could still find it on YouTube but our server said that they didn't do it anymore. We cruised down to check out the new comedy club DNA and then it was time to cruise home, we stopped by and sniff the cookies at the Pacific cookie factory and as we were cruising down a little further Elizabeth was looking for her phone and couldn't find it, the only thing that we could think is that she left it on the table at the restaurant so we retraced our steps all the way back and it was not there. We came back through downtown again but somebody would have already seen it and picked it up. We were so relieved when we got home and she found between the couch cushions. Sara came in and put me to bed and left. I edited pictures, wrote in my blog and watch TV until I fell asleep.










 Saturday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and got me dressed and up in my chair, it was a little bit cooler than it was yesterday.  Omar came in and I talked to him for a while, he's getting pretty much everything to work with Alexa. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Elizabeth, Tippy toes, Dude and I took off for a cruise to the wharf… If it's going to get warm the wharf is the best place to be because of the ocean breeze. We ran into Russell and his little dog Sparky and we chatted with him for a while, just around the corner we ran into Reggie and his dog Lila… I see Reggie walking along the beach or sitting in the shade pretty much every day so was nice to be able to get to meet them. I just love how his dog looks out for him, he trots forward a little bit but then always turns around to wait for him… When I see him sleeping the dog is always on his lap and never growls or barks at anyone or anything. He's just a wonderful dog! As we were talking to Reggie Vince came over to say hello, he was visiting his ex hot dog business across the other side of the wharf. As we were chatting a young gentleman came over and asked Reggie, I think Reggie sleeps behind a building somewhere, if you wanted a couple of hot dogs for him and his dog… How sweet is that?? He was the son of the guy, Bart, who bought the hot dog business from Vince… It just warms my heart to see this young kid really care about people in his community. We cruise down the wharf a little bit further and decided to stop and get some coffee at Mariani's candy shop, while we were sitting outside the gentleman that I see pretty much everyday driving has pedicab Around the wharf and surrounding parking lots offering people rights for a small price stopped and restarted talking to him… I'm starting to really like bumping into strangers or people that I see every day and just pass by and listen to their awesome stories. Two years ago I would have never done this, I feel like I have really come out of my shell and I enjoy talking to people now. We went to the end of the wharf and took some beautiful pictures and as we were walking back I ran into another guy I see a lot but have never really talked to other than just hello as I go by. His name is Bruce Nolan and he runs another souvenir/wardrobe store along the wharf. I always noticed him because he had a beautiful Goldendoodle and she and Robby use to exchange barks when they would go by. The first thing I asked him was where his dog was and he said that she had passed away, I always feel so crushed when someone says that and I don't know what to say. He said his grandpa started the business and was handed all the way down to him and he hoped to one day handed down to his sons. He said in a year or two is going to get possibly two more puppies, I was really glad to hear that because usually, people say "it was too heartbreaking and I will never get another dog". Marshall, Elizabeth's husband, texted Elizabeth and said that he was here at the house so we cruised on home. All-day I kept stopping to take pictures because the sky was so beautiful. We came home and cooled down a little bit, we were all overheated once again, and then  Sara came into put me to bed. We forged through the refrigerator to find something to eat. We found stuff to make tacos, Spanish rice, salad, and Cindy brought us back a fruit cake dessert. We watched comedy TV while we ate our dinner and then everybody was tired so we all went to bed, except I was already there. I watched Judge Judy for a while, she is so mean… I want to for a while and then I find myself deleting it and not watching it for a while but now we see commercials and come back. I edited pictures, wrote in my blog and then fell asleep listening to Dude snore.






























































Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Marshall and Elizabeth got up early and headed for home so I decided to stay in bed and rest. They're supposed to be a huge triathlon here in Santa Cruz and it's probably going to be super crowded so I would rather stay in bed and take it easy, I am exhausted. Not really so much from being out and running around but from being out way too long in the heat, that is the worst. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me. She took the boys out for a cruise around Santa Cruz and my ad came over with the girls, they just love the boys and the boys adore them! I watch TV all day and slept on and off until Sara came in at 4 PM. She fed the crazy crew and then fed me and I actually fell asleep after I ate, she woke me up to brush my teeth and wash my face and I watched 90-day fiancé: before the 90 days until I fell asleep again.

1 comment:

betty said...

Seems like you had a good visit with your friend, Tammie! A lot of great pictures you took too!

betty