Monday, August 19, 2019

A week off before family comes to visit…

Monday I should've stayed in bed. Karen came in and fed the crew and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I just couldn't keep my eyes open even though I think I slept pretty good last night.  Somebody from Numotion came by to put new casters on my chair but all they brought is the front forms. I remember distinctly telling the lady that I needed casters and back tires, they are just getting worse and worse… I wish there was another company that I could count on. I decided to get up but by the time I got up in my chair, it was already noon and pretty hot outside. I took Robby for a cruise and just as we turned around the corner I noticed that they had the sidewalk blocked off so we turned down Felix Street and got about halfway through the lagoon and it was just too hot so we turned around and came back, Robby can't stand the heat like he use to. Dude and I took off and cruised down to the wharf and then decided to come back, we cruised partway down to the boardwalk but I didn't want to get all the way down there and then get too hot so we just came home. After I got home I took Dude out to go potty and almost fell off the ramp on my back porch, I should have just stayed in bed.



















Tuesday was a really good day! Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby for his puppy play date and he was ready and anxious to go. Dude and I took off for a cruise down to and around Depot Park, I saw Rafael cutting branches off of trees along the path and he said hello to me… He is so handsome! We came back and hung out for a while until the girls and their puppies came over for the Canine Companions for Independence puppy play date we have here on the second Tuesday of every month. About eight ladies and five dogs showed up and although it was hot everybody had a great time watching the puppies play and getting to know each other better. It usually starts at noon and lasts for an hour and 1/2 but everybody stayed until 3 PM, what a nice group! Dude and I came inside and hung out for a while until Robby came home from his play date. Robby hung out outside, he loves just laying in the yard, while Dude and I hung out in the air conditioning until Rosa came in. Adriana, Nico, and Cindy came back to clean up and park the cars back in the yard. Rosa fed the hungry crew and put me to bed. I edited pictures and wrote in my blog before I watch TV for a while and then fell asleep.

















Wednesday was a long day. Susan came in and gave me a two-hour massage and I didn't even wake up until she left, now that's relaxing. Karen came in and we did some personal care and bath and I decided to stay in bed, at this point by the time I get up it's going to be way too hot. I watch TV and rested for a couple of hours until Rosa came in. She fed the crew and then fed me she wandered outside and buzzed around doing a couple of things and I fell back asleep. I woke up in the house was quiet and everyone was gone, now if only I can go back to sleep. I watched TV for a while and then listen to some music, I need to get back into my calm.com meditation site… I think it really works when you actually use it. I looked through my pictures and found some of my favorites so I can have them all in one folder.














Thursday was a nice long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry and then fed me, she got me dressed and up in my chair. I love Thursday's because there's no personal care or bath and I get to get up early and it just makes the day longer. Robby and I took off for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf where we stopped to chat with Reggie and his dog Lilly, I love talking with Reggie and Lily is so adorable. We cruised over to the boardwalk and then decided to come back, Robby is feeling really good these days so I don't want him to overdo it. We got back and rested for a bit and then I took Dude out for a nice long cruise. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf and back again and then headed for home. When the weather gets nice I hope to start cruising down Westcliff and East Cliff again, I have to get as many pictures in as I can before my Google Glass dies on me. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I watch  An episode of Mrs. Meisel with Trish and then watched regular TV, listen to music and edited pictures until I fell asleep.


















































 Friday was a really awesome day! Karen came in and fed the fur babies and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and Heather came in to make me a killer lunch... Prawns, Lobster & King oyster mushrooms, Sauteed. Tossed with Butternut squash "noodles" in a Shrimp cream sauce with Lemon & Thyme. The Braised Bok Choy was in the water with strawberry vinegar & blood orange olive oil. Everything she makes is amazing but this was so awesome I couldn't stop eating, I finally had to make myself stop and my mouth was watering for about a half-hour after. I took Robby for a cruise down to and around Depot Park and back, on the way there I saw the train passed by and I saw my friend Ian looking out the window, I can't remember the name of the other guy but there always so friendly. It was already starting to get warm. Joy came in and helped me work with Dude on a couple of things, he is so smart and loves to do the things that he supposed to do. Such an awesome boy! Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise down to the end of the work and back, I saw Bill creating one of his sculptures in the sand and I couldn't quite tell what it was so I asked him and he said that it was the 95th birthday of the Big Dipper and he was creating a replica of the roller coaster, I hope he's finished with it by the time the concert is over so I can take a picture. We cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and while we were looking at the sea lions I saw a guy that looked familiar but I couldn't remember from where. He walked up to me and said "your Tammie?" I said hello and then hesitated…  "John?" He said "no Jimbo!" All of a sudden it all came back to me. I went to high school with him and we hung out in the stumps smoking cigarettes, he was my little brother's age but we got along really well. He moved to Oregon but comes back to visit every once in a while with his daughter and this time he brought his girlfriend and his girlfriend's daughter. They said they knew each other a long time ago and then they were separated for about 20 years and then they got back together, how cool is that?? He brought me over to introduce me to his girlfriend and we chatted for a little bit, they were visiting for the day and they were going to go to the concert and then go to his mother's in Gilroy… It was so nice to see him and reminisce a little bit and great to meet his girlfriend. We cruised back home and I ran into the train again and there was Ian, I don't know if that guy ever gets a day off. My mom fed the fur critters and put my sweatshirt back on, I can't believe it's getting cold here, and I took off back to the boardwalk for the concert on the beach. It was supposed to be 10,000 maniacs but apparently one of them got sick so Michael Furlong, a tribute to Tom Petty filled in. It was a really great show, I've never been one to cruise around and talk to people but now I really enjoy it and have met so many really cool people and made some really good acquaintances. I left the concert early to see if I could go back and take pictures of the sand sculpture of the Big Dipper but of course my Google Glass battery died, I meant to go home early and charge it before the concert but I got to talking to these people that were getting ready to take the train back and then I ran into Vince. I was really bummed because the fog was coming in and the ocean looked so beautiful I wanted to take some pictures. As we were cruising back home I saw Jack and his work van, Jack lives the next street over and works for Numotion. They came out about a week ago and after they left I noticed that the hip guard on my right side of my chair was bent and I called them and nobody ever got back to me so I cruise down the street and caught up with him as he was getting out of the van. He was with his girlfriend out shopping for a few things. As he got out I said "Hi Jack! I'm sorry to bother you but can you please help me out for a minute?" He said "of course" and introduced me to his girlfriend. She went on in the house and he looked at the hip guard and said it looks like my sling got caught under it and the pressure from the lift bent it, I was blaming it on the tech so I'm glad he told me. He fixed it as well as he could but said he would have to come back out and bring me another part, he said he or Daniel will bring me out one sometime next week if they can. I felt really bad intruding in his day but he's always so sweet about it, I have had to ask for help a couple of times and I'm so thankful that they are always so nice about it. I cruised on home and rested for a bit before Sara came in and put me to bed. I watched TV and tried to edit some pictures for a while but I fell asleep.









































 Saturday went by pretty fast despite the fact I ended up staying in bed. Karen came in and fed everybody and then took off. The Woofpack came to get Robby, he always looks so happy when he's off to his puppy play date. I can see Omar doing stuff around the yard and I slept on and off for most of the day. I'm starting to get a pressure sore so I'm hoping staying in bed today is going to make it better because next week is going to be a long week with family visiting. Sara came in and fixed me the leftovers from Heather's killer lunch yesterday and then fed the crew after Robby came back home. Today is Sara and her husband's anniversary so she left to go celebrate with him, I hope they do something fun… They sound like such a fun and cute couple! I watched the VC Andrews flowers in the attic series, while a couple of the shows anyway. They have them all on Lifetime so I TiVoed all of them and I'm going to watch them and then I also ordered the books on audible, I'm excited about the series. I have been trying to either watch TV or play on the computer, usually I'm back and forth with both of them but I have noticed that when I have company and we're watching TV I fall asleep really easily so maybe if I just stick to one thing I'll be able to get to sleep at a decent hour.

Sunday was a really good day. Karen came in and fed the guys and gal and then fed me, I noticed that I'm always last? She got me dressed in up in my chair. Robby and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the wharf, over to the boardwalk and then home. They were setting up and getting registration for the outrigger canoe race around the wharf. We cruised back home and I rested for a bit and then Dude and I took off for the rest of the day, it was nice when I left the house both times but as soon as I got over to Depot Park the mist was so thick I almost couldn't see out of my Google Glass and I was afraid the moisture would ruin it but we cruised back over to the wharf and took pictures and then cruised over to the boardwalk and took more pictures. We came home and rested for a bit and Sara came in and took us grocery shopping at Whole Foods, I LOVE whole foods and I was really hungry so I bought a lot of stuff that I shouldn't have… I always do that when I'm hungry. Actually, I do it when I'm not hungry also, I just love food! I'm so grateful that I have the best chef cooking for me! I did get bone broth, avocados, and spinach and that's what I originally went therefore so I guess I'm doing okay? We came back home and Sara put me to bed and then took off over the hill for her other job, I don't know how she does it. I fell asleep soon after she left, it was a nice long exhausting day!






























































1 comment:

betty said...

As always, Tammie, you got some great pictures! I've had days too that I should have stayed in bed, LOL. In fact today was one of them. Picked up a gift for someone that I had ordered through Walmart. Brought it home, was going to open the package and I dropped the package. Broke the ceramic elephant tealight holder I had in it. LOL. Thankfully it had only cost me $5 but because I already had the tealights, I had to order something for them to work in so I ended up ordering another elephant as she likes elephants. This time I'll be more careful!

Looks like you have a great group of friends that come over for puppy play time!

betty