Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Such an awesome summer…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and after she fed the little furry friends we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, she got me dressed and up in my chair and they took Robby for a cruise up to and around Depot Park and back. Dude and I took off for a cruise up and down the wharf and the boardwalk a couple of times, it was such a beautiful day. We cruised back home and hung around in the driveway for a while until Rosa came in, she fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. Just as I finished eating my aunt and uncle, my mom and Kelly and Claudia came over to play cribbage, Kelly was my partner and I think we doubled our money. I was pretty tired by the time everybody left and fell asleep.

Tuesday was a great day. Cindy came in and fed the fur crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby so Dude and I took a nice long cruise down to the end of the wharf and then over to my facial with Jennifer, I had heard that Surfriders CafĂ© was closed so I had to cruise by and check it out for myself… It was. That was one of my favorite places to go and to make friends and family. Dude and I cruised back down to the wharf and then home. Cindy came back and we went to the Saratoga Mountain winery to see Michael McDonald and Chaka Khan, we got there a little late and ended up eating and missing Chaka Khan although we could still hear it. It was an excellent concert but unfortunately, I was really uncomfortable, I've been having a lot of stomach problems along with cold sweats. After the concert when we were in the elevator a guy asked us if we saw the opening act and when I told him we were eating dinner in the restaurant above he looked a little hurt and said: "that was my son". I felt really bad but it was so cute how proud he was of his son. We cruised on home and Lisa was waiting here to put me to bed, I was still not feeling very well and went right to sleep… For some reason when I don't feel good I just want to fall asleep and forget about everything.








































Wednesday was another pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage and then Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair, Robby and I took off for a cruise around Depot Park and back and after resting for a bit Dude and I took off through downtown headed for my appointment with Jessica to do my hair. After my appointment, I cruised through the farmers market downtown to see if they still carry bone broth for both Robby and I and they did. We cruised on home and Rosa came in with a Chicopee wrap from the Indian place at the farmers market, I almost texted her to see if she wanted to meet me there but I'm glad I didn't because she ended up bringing the kids. She fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me, my stomach has been bothering me but I ate it anyway because it was so good. I watched TV for a while and fell asleep.

Thursday was another really good day. Karen came in and got me dressed and up in my chair and Robby and I took off for a cruise around Depot Park a couple of times and then back home. Dude and I cruise downtown to my appointment with Carol, we have been meeting at Abbott Square and I like that much better than trying to fit into that tiny elevator where Carol's office is. I asked her if I could leave a little early because Rosa and I were going to take the beach trying to Felton, I love the train! The only person I recognized on the train was Ian but unfortunately, he didn't have his dog Duke with him, he said his wife took him for the day. I did meet another really cool guy who was manning the microphone and telling everybody about the history and the route the train was going on, of course, I don't remember his name but he was so nice. We got off the train in Felton ran into Jennifer and Duke, such a nice surprise… I chatted with them for a couple minutes and cruised around the redwoods and then headed back over to Roaring Camp railroad and head back to the boardwalk. We decided to go out on the wharf and have dinner at Olitas, we both had a taco and beet salad and then took some pictures and came back home. Rosa fed the crew and then put me to bed, I was exhausted and listen to music for a while and then fell asleep.























































Friday was another really great day. Karen came in and Fed the fur kids before we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby for a nice long cruise over to the wharf, in front of the boardwalk and back… He hasn't been feeling very well but was having a really good day today so we took advantage of it. We came back and rested for a bit and then I took Dude down to the end of the wharf and back. Joy came by, she's helping me get Dude use to his tennis shoes so I don't have to worry about him burning his feet on hot days. We went all the way down to Depot Park and back and he did great! We took the shoes off and Dude and I took off for another long cruise, I was going to leave Dude at home and go to the concert on the beach but I decided to just cruise around and just listen to the music. We ran into Vince, he's always surrounded by people that want to take his picture because he looks an awful lot like Santa Claus. He is always happy to do it and always has a couple of really awesome stories. We cruised around a little longer and then came home and watched TV for a while until Sara came in to put me to bed. I was really tired and just made it into bed before I couldn't stand it any longer and I fell asleep. It has been a really really busy summer and I have been sleeping really good.
























 Saturday was a really nice day. Cindy came in and got me up and the Woofpack came to get Robbyfor his puppy play date, I'm so glad he's feeling good again. Dude and I took off over to the wharf just-in-time to see a bunch of swimmers having a meeting and then taking off to swim around the wharf, are they crazy??  I met Lo and her mom for coffee and we visited for a while, they were so sweet and really easy to hang out with so I stayed a little bit too long and got overheated. I was having such a good time I didn't want to leave but I knew it was going to be a miserable next couple of hours trying to cool down. We cruised home and Omar was here setting up the sprinklers and he needed my phone so he could download the app. It was way too hot to go back out again so we just hung around and watch TV until Robby came home and then we hung out in the yard for a while. Sara came in and fit the furry friends and then took me up to Safeway to get my prescriptions and do a little bit of shopping. We came back home and she put me to bed and after catching up on my blog, editing pictures and watching TV for a little while I fell asleep.


















































Sunday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fit me, she got me dressed and up in my chair and Robby and I set out for a nice relaxing cruise, we cruised through Depot Park, to the front of the wharf, down alongside the boardwalk and back. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end the boardwalk and back and home. Sara came in at 2 PM so I can go to bed early and rest my butt, I have company coming next week and I want to be able to get up and get out. Sara came in and fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed and then fed me. We washed my face and brush my teeth and then she went home, it's so nice to have the whole house to myself after so much company and so much company to come… Don't get me wrong… I love having company but I also love going to bed early and having the whole evening to myself. I watched TV for a while, edited pictures, listen to music and they drifted off to sleep.





















































1 comment:

betty said...

Your train ride looked fun, Tammie! I know you'll enjoy your upcoming company!

betty