Monday, June 3, 2019

No more rain! It's may…

Monday was a pretty good day, it sure was nice to get out and cruise around. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath after she fed the crew. She got me dressed and up in my chair and Dude and I cruised down to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned, she said to tell my caregivers that they are doing an excellent job because all she had to do was buff and floss. We cruised down to the wharf just to get a good look at it because I haven't seen it for so long and then cruised home. Rosa came in and fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. My uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia and I played cribbage for a couple of hours. I was really tired so I was out after they left.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. The weather has been really nice and I wish I could enjoy it more but I had a bunch of doctors appointments. Cindy came in and fed everybody and while she was getting me dressed and up in my chair the Woofpack came to pick up Robby to hang out with the pack. We picked a good time to get blood work done because we only had to wait about 15 or 20 minutes, just as I came up to the counter I said I was doing some fasting blood work for Dr. Petrocelli and she said you are also do for bloodwork for Dr. Owens so do you want to do it all today? Yes, let's get it all over with. We had to bring back a urine sample but we got it all done. We stopped at Jack's hamburgers and I got a hamburger and French fries, it was so good! We cruised over to the cookie company and I got a couple of ice cream cookie sandwiches, one with peanut butter cookies and your mocha almond fudge and one with ginger cookies and pralines and cream ice cream. We cruised over to my appointment with Dr. Holloway the dermatologist. I've been having problems just behind and inside my ears getting really red itchy and irritating but every time I make an appointment it clears up, of course, this time it cleared up also but I went anyway and he gave me some shampoo and some topical cream and said he thought it was yeast. We cruised on over to pick up Rosa and then came back. Rosa put me to bed after she fed the hungry crew and then she fed me. She vacuumed and watered and then went home. I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing massage. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair. I haven't been out for so long and I really wish I could have a day to just cruise around all day long but I have another appointment today with Jessica to get my hair done and that usually takes about three hours. We cruised back through downtown and over to the wharf just to take a couple of pictures before we headed home. Rosa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed. I watched TV for a while and edited pictures before I drifted off to sleep.








Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed everybody and got me dressed and up in my chair. Cindy and Hollis came over for a puppy play date, so adorable to watch these two dogs play. It's nice to have the time to get to know Cindy a little better, she's pretty cool! Today was the ribbon cutting ceremony for the trail over the train tracks from the boardwalk to East Cliff, I miss the grand opening but Dude and I went over the bridge and took some pictures of the boardwalk from the other side. I've been wanting to be able to cruise over there for a long time but there's too much traffic and the sidewalks are super narrow. We came home to rest for a bit and wait for Rosa to come in, she fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. Trish came over to watch an episode of the marvelous Mrs. Mavis, this series is super funny. After everybody left I tried to watch TV but I was too tired so I was out.
































































Friday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I got up just in time to meet with the dog behavioralist Joy but right before the time she was supposed to be here she called and said she had an emergency phone call and then she was going to have to reschedule. Robby and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon, up on Bay Street., Park… While we were cruising along I could see something off to the side underneath a tree, it was a little kitten wrapped in a kitchen towel. It had a little color on and there was a name on the caller but I couldn't get close enough to read it so I called animal control. Of course, nobody answered and the message said if you found a deceased domestic to bury it or take it to the dump… Can you believe that?? I left them a message because it was a public park and hope that somebody would come and take care of it. We cruised down through Depot Park and then home to rest for a bit. Dude and I took off through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. Theresa came in and fed the hungry crew, put me to bed and then cruised over to the store to grab a couple of groceries. I got some cauliflower pizza crust and I wanted to have some pizza tomorrow night. I watched some TV and played some games until I fell asleep.





























































Saturday was a relaxing day but kind of a bummer. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me. Today was supposed to be our Canine Companions for Independence annual barbecue here but there was supposed to be thundershowers all day so we rescheduled, there were hardly any thunderstorms. I ended up staying in bed because I didn't want to be out in this weather and it's too uncomfortable to stay in my chair when I don't go anywhere. I opened up all the windows and was hoping to stay nice and warm and watch the thundershowers outside, there were some but not like they predicted. I listen to music and slept on and off all day. Theresa came in and fed everybody and then left, she doesn't seem as willing to work as she has been in the past. This is her third time back, I had to let her go twice, and she's just acting like she doesn't care anymore. It's nice to already be in bed and have lots of time in the evening to watch TV, write in my blog, edit pictures and listen to music.




Sunday was a nice relaxing day. I figure this is going to be my last day to stay in bed because the rest of the month there's a lot of company which means staying up in my chair for longer periods of time. I love it but I also realize I'm getting older and usually pretty exhausted by the end of the day. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me. it was a pretty relaxing day and I really enjoyed staying in bed, usually, I regret it and get really antsy. My aunt took Robby over to her place to let him lay around in the back while she does her gardening, he really loves that. Dude and I just hung out here and napped on and off during the day. Theresa came in and fed everybody and then left. The rest of the evening was nice and quiet and I got to watch a couple of movies and play games on the computer.

1 comment:

betty said...

The pups do look like they have fun together!

Betty