Saturday, May 25, 2019

Canine Companions for Independence puppy play date and annual barbecue…

Monday was an okay day. Everybody has gone home and we're getting back to the swing of things here in Santa Cruz. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice hot relaxing bath! She got me dressed and up in my chair and my aunt came over to take me to Costco to get the second series for my shingle shot, of course, we had to wait but I am glad to get it over with. That took up most of the day. I came back and took Robby for a cruise to the wharf and back to rest for a bit and then I took Dude down to the end of the wharf and back. Rosa came in and fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. My uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia and I played cribbage. I watch TV for a while and then drifted off to sleep.













Tuesday was a really great day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and then fed me and got me up in my chair. She got the yard all fixed up for our monthly puppy play date. The Woofpack came to pick up Robby to hang out with the pack. Cindy, a lady I met and got to know while playing table tennis at depot Park came with her new, freshly graduated puppy Hollis… Hollis was an adorable little yellow lab, she came a little early and Hollis and Dude I did such a good time. One by one people started showing up to watch the puppies play and get to know everybody a little bit better. I didn't think a lot of people would come because next Saturday is the annual CCI barbecue but that was about six dogs and 10 people. They play really hard and by the time Robby got home they had calmed down enough so I didn't have to worry about them hurting him, he joined in and ran around the yard with them for a little bit. Dude finally got really tired and came in here just to lay down and rest. My Google Glass started working but at some point quit so I don't have many pictures. Rosa came in and fed the crew and then fed me and put me to bed, I was exhausted and fell asleep right after I ate dinner.



Wednesday was an okay day. Susan came in and I got a nice long relaxing massage. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath. It's really starting to rain again outside so I decided to stay in bed, what is up with this weather?? I slept on and off pretty much all day, watched some TV, listen to some music and play games on the computer. Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me and change the sheets in the front bedroom for the next group of visitors. I listen to some music for a while, watch TV and nodded off.



Thursday was pretty much the same. Karen came in and fed the dogs and cat and then fed me. It was raining pretty hard so I decided to just stay in bed and relax again, one or two days is okay but after that, I start getting real antsy and bored.  I canceled my appointment with Carol, my psychologist. It cleared up for a minute so Karen took Dude out to throw the ball for a little while. I watch TV, listen to music and an audiobook. Rosa came in and fed everybody and vacuumed before she left. I just kept on watching TV and listening to music. I hope the weather lets up soon.


Friday was another rainy day and I wasn't feeling very good so I counseled Joy, the dog behaviorist, and just stayed in bed. She said she would try to help me out with getting Dude to try not to eat the fines on the side of my driveway and dog poop. I really have to watch and at the play dates and I hope there is a solution. Theresa came in and fed the crew and then she went to go pick up my medication at Safeway and a few groceries. She fixed me some cauliflower pizza crust pizza and it was really good! I watched TV, listen to music and played on the computer for a while.





Saturday was kind of a disappointing day. Today was supposed to be our annual CCI barbecue, over 20 people RSVPed that they were going to come but we had to call it off because of the weather, and then it turned out to be a nice day. I decided to stay in bed again because you just never know? The weather hasn't been nearly as bad as it was supposed to be, where is our May weather?? Theresa came in early and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath after she fed the crew. I watched a couple of movies and I was out.

Sunday was another boring day stuck in bed. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me. There was supposed to be a festival going on at send Lorenzo Park and I really wanted to go but it looked like it was going to rain all day again today. It cleared up for a little bit so Cindy took the boys out in the yard to play for a while. I hope it's nice tomorrow so I can get up and out of here. Theresa came in and fed everybody and then left. It gave me the rest of the evening to watch more TV, listen to more music and play more games on the computer. I haven't even had any pictures to edit.

1 comment:

betty said...

I like the pictures you took of the sky with the clouds, Tammie. That's neat about your photo ID card for Dude. Its been weird weather here in Phoenix too. Not rain, but cooler than normal weather. We haven't had many days over 100 degrees yet. Loving it! Happy Memorial Day! I hope you'll be able to reschedule the pup picnic.

betty