Monday, May 6, 2019

Cold one day, hot the next…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and then we did some personal care in a relaxing hot bath. She got me up and in my chair and as we looked out the window periodically we could see the remnants of the avocados left on the fence, the lady that owns the house behind the dog run has many fruit trees and an avocado tree… She decided to not rent it out anymore so the squirrels keep grabbing the avocados and eating them on the top of my fence outside my bedroom window. Every time we would look out there more and more of the avocado would be gone and then pretty soon the pit would end up in my dog run… It's like they know how much I love condos and they're taunting me. Whenever dude goes out to the dog run if he gets a chance he runs and grabs an avocado and tries to hide it in his mouth, a dead giveaway is when you run straight in the house and then run straight in his kennel and lays down. Robby and I took off for cruise through the lagoon, through Bay Street, around through Depot Park ballpark and home… That's exactly three miles and perfect for Robby. Dude and I took off for a different cruise, it's nice to go through the lagoon because I haven't been through there all winter but it's also nice to not have to do the same route again with Dude, we cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and home. Rosa came in and fed the boys and girl, put me to bed and fed me. My uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia and I played cribbage, I never get tired of this game… Especially when I win. After everybody left I played around on the computer and listen to music for a while until I fell asleep.











































Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in to feed everybody and get dressed and up in my chair and then she went home, she wasn't feeling very good so she went home. Robby was off to hang out with the pack so it was just Dude and I. We cruised through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. I'm trying to remember to practice three commands with Dude every day and he seems to love it, the boardwalk is the perfect place because they have almost everything I need to practice the commands… And there's not a lot of people. We came back home and hung out with Robby for a bit until Rosa came in to feed the crew, put me to bed and then fed me. She has been watering my plants and they look so much better! Everybody seems to forget about them.
















































































































Wednesday was a good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long two-hour relaxing massage. Karen came in and we did some personal care in a relaxing hot bath.  Watchdog alarm came to install some cameras and show me how to use their website. She got me dressed and up in my chair and Robby and I went for a nice short cruise around the lagoon and then we came back to rest for a bit. Dude and I took off through downtown for my hair appointment with Jessica. On the way back I texted Rosa to see if she wanted to meet me at the farmers market and get some stuff for salads but I didn't hear back from her so I just cruised on home and there she was. The guys from watchdog security were still here so they show me what I needed to see and then they left, such sweet boys and so helpful. Rosa put me to bed and watered a little outside. I watch TV, listen to music and I was out.







Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and girl and got me dressed and up in my chair. Penny is starting to want to be in the house in the mornings so we've been letting her come in, she looked so cute and relaxed cuddled up on one of the dog beds… She tries to cover with them but they are not having it. I was running late so Karen took Robby for short cruise while Dude and I took off for my appointment downtown with my psychologist Carol, we were early so we cruised around and someone in an apartment above the businesses had a bubble machine, I just love bubbles! We decided since it was so nice we would start meeting at Abbott Square for our appointments… That and I don't like the way the elevator has been acting, it's old and small and really makes me nervous. How about that… In order to get over one of my phobias, I have to get in it and ride to the second floor. It's so small that I have to have Carol come downstairs and walk Dude because we both don't fit. Just as we sat down and started talking a guy walked by and stopped and was looking at me, he looked really familiar but I couldn't remember from where. Suddenly I remembered and said, "hey Clayton, it's been a long time". He looked like he was also trying to figure out where I looked familiar from, I saw him six years ago at the Abilities Expo in Santa Clara. When I moved here in 2008 he, his wife Deborah and their two children live next door to my aunt. He came over to give me a hug and I felt like I needed to tell him right away that I was there for an appointment and he said hello and cruised over to a table and got some coffee. It was getting too loud so we decided to go around the corner and as we were going by I asked him if he would be there for a while and he said yes. After my appointment, I sat down and caught up with him a little bit… I can't believe it's been that long. He said he was retired, he was a firefighter, and now he's trying to figure out what to do with his days. It was getting warm and I needed to cruise Dude for a while so I gave him my card and asked him to get a hold of me and we can get everybody together for a barbecue. We cruised through Depot Park and just as I got halfway down the wharf my Google Glass shut off, it's been doing that lately and if I get somebody to turn it on or if I can maneuver it and turn it on myself it works the rest of the day. We cruised down to the boardwalk and practice a few commands and then headed home, it was getting pretty warm. We hung out in the driveway with Robbie for a while until Rosa came in. She fed everybody and then put me to bed and fed me. I listen to music for a while and edited pictures, what a beautiful gorgeous day!














Friday was another great day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal care and a really nice bath. You know it's going to be a good day when you grow outside in the first picture of the day you get is a butterfly in-flight. Robby and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon,  through Bay St., Park, through Depot Park and then back home. Dude and I took off for another cruise through Depot Park, over to the boardwalk… They have a new ride at the boardwalk that I keep going to take pictures of and then I forget, it's the teacups and I think it's opening soon, that half of the boardwalk was closed so we will have to try another day, we ran into Jimmy on the boardwalk and he was talking about redoing one of the miracles that he had painted so I'm trying to take pictures of all the murals before they are gone.  We were cruising over to the wharf and I ran into my friend Vince a couple of times and stopped to chat with him, he always has the best stories. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and then home to rest and wait for Theresa she came in and took me to the store to buy stuff for salads and the makings for pizza, I found a place online that makes cauliflower pizza crust with no eggs so I ordered some to try it out. We came home and she fed the fur babies and then put me to bed and fed me. This is perfect weather right now, cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon, so I can get up and cruise around and still go to bed early and have a lot of time to watch movies and just relax the whole evening.








































 Saturday was another beautiful day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and got me dressed in up in my chair. The Woofpack came from Robby so it was just Dude and I for the day.  I don't think Dude has ever been through the lagoon so we cruised through there. Today I know the boardwalk will be open and I will be able to go and take pictures of the twirling teacups, the new ride, so we cruise over there before I forget again. It was really crowded but we made our way through and I got the pictures. Sometimes I head out with good intentions but then end up talking to a couple of people and run out of time. We cruised back home and Theresa fed the kids and then put me to bed. Theresa made my cauliflower pizza and it was so awesome! She put sausage, spinach, black olives, and avocado and a really awesome spinach salad with cranberries, red onions, cinnamon walnuts, and Gorgonzola cheese… It was a great dinner and not a lot of carbs. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.












































Sunday was another beautiful day, unfortunately, the weather this morning said it was going to be cloudy and a chance of showers plus really windy so I opted to stay in bed and of course it was gorgeous all day but that's okay because I got a day to rest and relax. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me. She cleaned out the cupboards in the garage and cleaned up everything off the ground, next week is going to be the CCI puppy play date on Tuesday and the CCI annual barbecue on Saturday the 18th. It is going to be so much fun an nice to see people that I haven't seen for a long time. I edited pictures and caught up on my blog for most of the day. Theresa came in and fed the crew and put me to bed and then fed me. I was in the mood for a sandwich so I had roast beef, chicken, salami, provolone and Swiss cheese, avocado and red onion on Dave's killer sprouted wheat bread with strong ground mustard and vegan mayonnaise. I watched TV for a little while longer until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

They sure have a lot of rides at the boardwalk, Tammie. The tea cups remind me of the one in Disneyland. Its a shame about the avocados going to waste basically, but enjoyed by the squirrels. They cost a pretty penny in the stores here. Yum on the cauliflower pizza; we've been making zucchini noodles and they are delicious!

betty