Thursday, May 2, 2019

The weather is getting warmer…

Monday was a really good day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and then we did some personal care and a long hot bath, most of the time I pretty much sleep through it all… I don't know why I sleep much better in the mornings that I do at night. She got me dressed and up in my chair and they took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, I love being able to go through there again… In the winter it's too rainy and the people that hang around there sometimes are a little scary. Right now they are trying to find housing for a lot of homeless people, it's super sad! They make a plan and then change their minds several times. Dude and I took off for cruise after I brought Robby back, we went through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back and then it was getting pretty hot so we just came home. I bought some booties for Dude but we need to keep putting them on and taking them off and having and wear them around for a bit to get used to them, It would be really nice to be able to cruise around and not have to worry about him burning his feet or cruising and stopping in the shade. We came back and watched TV for a while until Rosa came in to feed everybody and put me to bed, she vacuumed and straightened out for company later. My uncle, my aunt, my mom and I played cribbage… I love playing and it's nice to catch up with everybody. After everyone left I watched TV for a while and fell asleep. I noticed that my Google Glass shut off again after my cruise with Robby and sometimes I can managed to maneuver them off my face and press the little button but I didn't want to chance it today so I didn't get any more pictures.

















 Tuesday was hot. Cindy came in and fed everybody got me dressed and up in my chair.  The Woofpack came to get Robby for his puppy play date.  While she cleaned up I took Dude for cruise Up and down the wharf a couple of times, Cindy was going to finish up and then come and pick us up at the parking lot in front of Cowles Beach. It started getting really hot so we decided to cruise back, when we got to Depot Park Cindy texted me and said she was just finishing up so we met back here. We went shopping and I got some bagels and stuffer sandwiches, I love sandwiches! Heather texted me and said she was having problems and wasn't going to be able to cook tonight so it's a good thing I got the sandwich and salad fixings. They brought Robby back and we hung out in the yard for a while until Rosa came in. She fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me a chicken, London broil roast beef, salami, Swiss and provolone cheese sandwich with avocado and red onion sandwich on Dave's famous sprouted wheat bread… I love that stuff. She also made me a little spinach, feta cheese, candied walnut, cranberry, avocado and red onion salad with vinaigrette dressing. I listen to music while I edited pictures and wrote in my blog until he fell asleep, I think it was about three or 4 o'clock in the morning before I was able to fall asleep. Probably a little nervous about Dude getting recertified tomorrow.

Wednesday was an awesome day! Karen came in and fed everyone and got me up and in the chair early so I could take Robby and Dude out for a cruise before I had to leave to go over the hill to Valley fair mall to get Dude recertified. Omar said he would drive me over the hill because everybody else was working, such a sweet guy! I ran into Annalise over at the wharf and asked her about the Pink concert she went to on her birthday last week and she said it was awesome!! She posted some pictures and what show that lady puts on! I've been looking for tickets because I would love to see her but somehow I missed them, I'm going to keep an eye out and next year I'm going. I couldn't believe when I saw Valley Fair Mall, I haven't been there for probably 12 years and it was totally changed. It was actually a lot easier to park and there was the elevator right outside of parking that took us right up to the second floor, we were supposed to meet at the food court. I ran into Margaret was one of the CCI trainers, she was there and I met her for team training. The lady that was in charge of recertifying me asked me a bunch of questions and then she threw food at the dogs, Dude did really good until she looked away and then he ate one piece kibble… When she threw it at him he backed away but he couldn't go back any farther because I have the leash on him so he reached down and ate it. She threw a couple more and he left it alone and then she had us get in and out of the elevator and had him lay down so she could step over him, he got up the first time but I corrected him and the other two times he stayed down. I was so proud of him, he's such a good boy!! We were going to go to the cheesecake factory and have lunch but it was too hot and we just wanted to get back over the hill so we drove straight back. When I first got there I ran into Tiffany, she was in my first team training class and her service dog Roxy is Robby's sister… We got together with her and Robby's other sisters handler a couple times and it was so awesome to see the dogs recognize each other and play. We drove back, we didn't run into traffic either way, and I was going to go out for a cruise with Dude but it was too hot so we just hung out and watched TV. Rosa came in and fit the critters and put me to bed and fed me, I had another sandwich except for this time she toasted it… For some reason, I just don't like toasted bread on my sandwiches. I just like the feel of the really soft bread I bite into it. I watch Judge Judy for a while, she's so mean!





















Thursday was a really nice day. Karen came in and fed the critters and then we did some personal care and an awesome bath. She got me dressing up in my chair and I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, up through Bay St., Park where I ran into Rob, Andrew, Raul and Rafael from parks and rec… They were all up there making the park look beautiful. We cruised down to the wharf and then home through Depot Park. I saw a Rafael twice, he has the most infectious smile! We cruised back home and I rested for a while and Adela switched dogs for me. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back where I ran into Hank. He was saying something about Dude and it reminded me… I actually have somebody convinced that I have an identical twin that has a white dog, and I have a black dog… I take them out simultaneously and I have had other people question "did you have a white dog earlier"? I'm torn between telling them the truth and telling them that I only have one dog but that's probably not very nice? We cruise over to the boardwalk and ran into Jimmy painting the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk sign with the beach balls in front of it out front. We Chris down to the end and then back and cruised about halfway up the wharf and then home, the roses along the driveway were so beautiful I just had to stop and take pictures. Just as my caregiver and her boyfriend drove up, I wonder what people think about me standing in front of a rosebush and winking? Winking is how I take a picture and I have gotten a couple of strange looks. Rosa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed and fed me. I edited pictures, wrote in my blog and listen to music and all the sudden I looked up and it's 4 AM, time sure goes by fast when you're lost on the Internet.

 Friday was a nice relaxing day. I woke up a little startled at 7 AM and wondered where Karen was, I forgot that she had the day off and was going to the DMV and I couldn't remember if I asked Cindy to come in or not. I texted my mom to come down and feed the crew and I waited and waited and Cindy never came so I guess I forgot to ask her. I just kinda hung out and watched TiVo since I'm going to be stuck in bed all day and all night. My aunt came over a couple of times and I talked with her for a while and she let the dogs out for a bit. Rosa came in and got me something to eat and then went home to start her weekend. The rest of the evening I just watched more TiVo, played some games, and listen to music.
































Saturday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the wild crew and then got me dressed and up in my chair, I was going to stay in bed because my evening weekend caregiver is still out. I decided last night to ask Karen to come in in the evening because today is my mom's 80th birthday, also it was a really beautiful day. The Woofpack came to get Robby, he was happy to hang out with the pack. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park and over to the boardwalk first before the wharf, I wanted to go there first before I forgot because they have a new ride… The spinning teacups. We cruised all the way to the end and back end, of course, I forgot to take a picture of the ride, I even forgot to check it out… I remembered when I got home. we cruised over to the wharf because that's where we were taking my mom for lunch, we decided on Gildas… That was my grandpa's favorite place to go and it was still as good as ever. I was going to have the crab Louie salad until I remembered that it has eggs in the salad and in the dressing so instead of trying to change everything around I just had a steak, baked potato, vegetables, and clam chowder. I brought half of my dinner home including most of the clam chowder. We had a really nice lunch and it was glad to catch up. We cruised back home and Karen came in to put me to bed and I still had most of the evening to relax, watch TV, listen to music and edit my pictures.





































































































Sunday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and got me up. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon and through Bay Street and Depot Park, as we were going over the bridge I could hear the train so I thought what opportunity to get some overhead pictures of the train so I lifted up my chair as high as it would go and took some pictures. We cruised back home. Dude and I took off for cruise through Depot Park where we ran into the gentleman that I bought the carved trees from a couple of weeks ago, I was open I would run into him again because I also saw some mushrooms that I wanted. He recognized me right away and said "I was hoping I could see you again so I could get your name", I think I've seen him like three times in the same spot. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and home. Karen came in to put me to bed and I just watch TV and edited pictures until I fell asleep.
















1 comment:

betty said...

You always take such a great variety of pictures Tammie! Always fun to look at them. Glad Dude did great at his re-certifying. He's certainly not a corgi. I can't imagine a corgi ignoring food :)

betty