Wednesday, June 26, 2019

More time with family…

Monday was yet another awesome day! Karen came in and fed the Boys and Girl and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot relaxing bath, she got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby for a short cruise around people park a couple times and then home. Steve, Debbie, Cameron, Carmen, Dude and I cruised down to the boardwalk to take the beach train to Felton and back.  I cruised ahead so they could have time to load me out with their lift and not be late, the conductor loaded me onto the train and he actually remembered me… It always makes me feel good when somebody remembers me. There's a guy named Ian that I used to see a lot whenever the train before and I ran into him downtown one time. I asked the conductor who owned the black lab that I see hanging out the window when the train goes by and he said "that belongs to Ian and his name is Duke… Blew me away! I love this train ride and it's so awesome to share with people who have never been on it, it was warm standing still moving on the train was nice and cool. Once we got there we had about half an hour to cruise around Henry Cowell Redwood forest, it is just beautiful and nice and cool there.  After we got back to the boardwalk I told the conductor to please say hello to Ian from Tammie and Dude to Ian and Duke. We took the train back and came on home, we stopped at the little Mexican restaurant down the street and brought home dinner. Rosa came in and fed the hungry fur babies and put me to bed. They came in to say goodbye when they were on their way to the airport to go back home. He promised to come back soon, they're just so much fun to hang out with! Such a loving and caring family! I listen to music for a while and fell asleep.














































































 Tuesday was a nice relaxing day, My 58th birthday… When did I get this old?? Cindy came in and fed the kids and then fed me. I decided to stay in bed and give my butt a rest, I have a couple of blisters that opened up and I need to stay off as much as I can. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Cindy took Dude for a really long walk down Westcliff Drive to  Natural Bridges and back. I just laid here and edited pictures all day, I'm having problems with Google photos… They keep doubling, tripling, quadrupling… All of my photos. They also put a lot of close-ups on people's faces and I don't know how to make it stop. Rosa and Cindy showed up and they had brought me a mango/jalapeno rotisserie chicken, it was really really good! Rosa fed the crew, put me to bed and then fed me. She was running around changing pads, vacuuming up dark hair and washing clothes, I love how she just buzzes around here and finds stuff to do. I think my very favorite part of the evening is after my caregivers go home and I know I'm going to have my room to myself for the rest of the evening. I listen to music, played some games and drifted off to sleep.

Wednesday was a really busy day. Susan came in and I got my two-hour massage and it felt great! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice hot bath and she got me dressed and up in my chair. I started to take Robby out for a cruise and I noticed they were working on the roads in front of my house so I decided since I was going to be gone most of the day I should probably leave Robby here and take Dude. Karen sent me a video of her and Robby playing in the backyard so that made me feel a lot better. My first appointment was with Jessica to get my hair done, that usually takes about 2 1/2 hours and then my second appointment was with Jennifer to get a facial and get my face waxed. Jennifer told me that she's going to have to find another place, I hope it's not too far and I can get there in my chair. We cruised on back home and hung out in the yard for a while before Rosa came in, she fed the boy and the girl and then put me to bed and got me something to eat. She wanted to put me in bed and get home because they were packing to go to Sacramento to watch her son graduate from the police academy. I just kinda laid around and looked at all the birthday wishes online, at the end of the day I love sitting back and reading all the messages. I watched TV and then drifted off.






Thursday was another nice relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair.  My mom and Kelly took off to Arizona for the long weekend to visit Kelly's mom, my mom's sister. I think it's going to be really hot there so I hope they get to have some fun. I took Robby for a cruise and on my way out of the cul-de-sac I saw my aunt in the garden in her front yard so I went to check it out, everything they grow turns out beautiful and delicious. She took me across the street to their triplex and showed me their garden over there, it's just as beautiful! We cruised through Depot Park, down to the wharf and then back. Dude and I took off for a cruise after resting for a bit. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back a couple times and then headed home, Rosa was off this evening so Karen put me back to bed and I spent the rest of the evening watching TV, listening to music and edited my pictures. My aunt was telling me about this book that she was reading and it sounded pretty interesting so I found it on audible and downloaded it I listen to it until I fell asleep.






















 Friday was a really good day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and then we did some personal care and a nice long relaxing hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair just in time for the dog conditioner to come and help me get Dude use to his new tennis shoes, he's doing really good and walked up and down the driveway a couple of times… He is so smart! It'll be so nice when I don't have to stop a complete stranger to feel the ground to see if it's too hot for Dudes paws. I took Robby for a cruise around Depot Park a couple of times, over to the wharf and back… All he wants to do anymore is sniff, Pee, Poop and eat grass. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back and to the end of the boardwalk and back. I rested for a bit and then my aunt came over and made me a sandwich and fit the dogs and Cat. I cruised back over to the boardwalk to watch the Friday night concert on the beach, it was smash mouth. Last year they were here and they said the lead singer was really sick and couldn't come out on the stage so everybody tried to cover for him and sing. I overheard the lady standing next to me say that he wasn't really sick he was extremely intoxicated and couldn't come out. It sounded like she owned one or two restaurants around here and after she said that I kind of remember. The concert was really great and the lead singer actually came out and did a really good job, he brought his son with him. I cruised back home and Sara came into put me to bed and I was just about asleep before she left.






































Saturday was a really great day! Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me and got me up in my chair just as my friend Sheri came to visit from Redding California, she comes down at least once a year for the Woody's on the Wharf… Sometimes more. I just love that we still keep in touch after all of these years, I have known her since the fifth grade. After the Woofpack came to get Robby we took off over to the wharf, we got there pretty early and it was already packed. We cruised around for a while and took pictures and then decided to go up on the mezzanine and take pictures from there, it was so beautiful! We cruised around a little bit more and then decided to go eat on the upper level of Stagnaro's restaurant, I have never been up there before and it was really nice… You could see everything in every direction just about. We cruised around a little bit more and then decided to come home, relax, reminisce and eat Chinese. Sara came in and put me to bed after she fed the hungry critters and then to my home. Sheri came in to say good night, we were both really tired. I listen to music and edited pictures for a while until I fell asleep.









































Sunday was another really great day. Cindy came in and fed everyone I got me dressed and up in my chair. Sheri and I decided to stop at the Ideal Restaurant for breakfast before getting on the beach train, she had chilaquiles with scrambled eggs on top and I had a BLT with turkey and avocado and some sweet potato fries. I asked the server if the chilaquiles tasted good without the egg on top and she said she wasn't sure about it so I tasted some of Sheri's and it was delicious, I know what I'm getting next time. We cruised down to the boardwalk and got on the beach train and we were off, it was a really beautiful day and perfect weather! When we got there I guess during the summer they have a lot of stuff going on so we cruised around to check everything out for a while. The last time I went on the train I asked them if the train and the railroad property was dog-friendly and they said yes, I was really tempted to bring Robby but he sometimes works at other dogs for no reason… The vet said maybe because he's in pain or trying to protect me. There was a lady drawing portraits and I asked her if she is ever drawn a dog and she said, "No I will not draw a dog". I don't know why she had to be so mean and snappy, she could have just been nice about it… If you work in a dog-friendly place you should be friendly to dogs?? I was so embarrassed I just turned around and rolled away, it just ruined my day. I need to figure out how to not let one mean, rude person, ruined my whole day. We cruised over to Henry Cowell State Redwood Park and into the gift shop to get me another sweatshirt, the one I had from before his really worn out. We ran into Ian, he was working on the tracks and came by to lift me out of the train. He asked me if I would like to meet his black lab mix named Duke, Duke rides in the front of the train with Ian and the conductor. He is such a sweet man and his dog is adorable! He showed me pictures of his wedding and it looks so beautiful! We cruised back across the tracks and took the train right back to the boardwalk and grab some Mexican food on the way home, we ate and then Sheri said goodbye and headed home. Sara came in and put me to bed and I was pretty much out, it was a really long week but also really awesome!



































1 comment:

betty said...

How fun with your train rides, Tammie! Looked like gorgeous country! Happy belated birthday! It is a wonder that we keep getting older, isn't it? It is warm here in Phoenix, supposed to be close to 108 today. But that's summer here :) Enjoyed all your pictures!

betty