Monday, June 3, 2019

Family visiting…

Monday was a very exciting day, Memorial Day And we are going to have a huge barbecue here in the yard! My niece and her husband came in late last night for a visit and my cousin Debbie is coming in today from San Diego, I'm so excited! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath before she got me dressed in up in my chair. We decided to barbecue hot dogs and sausages, my aunt made a couple of sandwiches and a fruit and vegetable tray and my cousin Kelly made some killer cookies! It was really nice to get together with everybody and catch up, I love seeing everybody getting along and having fun. As usual, the day went by way too fast but we will definitely do it again. Rosa came in and fit the pups and the kitty and then put me to bed, I was exhausted! Debbie and Kelly came in to say goodbye and I was out shortly after that.









































Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the animals I got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, across Bay St., Park and back home through Depot Park. Nathan, Corrine and I took off to meet Debbie and Kelly for breakfast at Zachary's. We had a really nice long visit and that it was time for Debbie to go back home, Kelly was going to drive her to the airport. Nathan, Corrine and I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back home. While we were at the boardwalk I saw Leo the hungry lion back at the boardwalk, it's a painted lion in a cage and his mouth sucks up garbage… I remember it from very very long ago, I think they had to take it away when people started throwing cigarettes in it. I was talking to Jimmy, the guy that paints everything at the wharf, and he was telling me that they found it in some guy's backyard and asked him to restore it… It looks exactly the same!! We cruised back home and visited outside for a while until Rosa came in. She fed everybody and put me to bed, I was so exhausted I fell to sleep soon after.
















































Wednesday was another really good day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies, I had to skip my massage this morning because I had an appointment with Jennifer and then I was going to go downtown to have sushi with the kids. We decided to meet at the Pacific cookie company and get an ice cream cookie sandwich instead of sushi, great decision! We got one to eat there and a couple of them to bring home. My mom, Nathan, and Corrine went out to eat and I hung out in the yard with the pups until Rosa came in. She fed the critters and then put me to bed and again I was out.






 Thursday was a good day. Karen came in and got me dressed and up in my chair after she fed the fur crew. Nathan and Corrine decided to go over the hill and spend their anniversary at Six Flags. I had an appointment with an IT guy that Shane from Watchdog Security introduced to me, I'm hoping he's going to be able to help me with all of my computer problems. Usually, my brother helps me but when he's here I just want me and everybody else to be able to just spend time and have fun with him. Dan got here and worked on my computer for about four hours and got rid of a lot of my problems, this guy is awesome! The boys and I hung out in the yard until Rosa came in, she fed them and put me to bed. I haven't been writing in my blog or editing my pictures so I tried to keep my eyes open to do it but I just couldn't.

Friday turned out to be an okay day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, it's only been taking a couple of hours to get everything done and that's awesome! I feel like I'm not going to miss most of the summer like I usually do, I've been making myself drink a lot of water plus drinking the X factor water and the results are amazing… I wish I would've done this a long time ago. Nathan, Corrine and I were going to ride on the beach train today but I got all the way over there, I went there early because sometimes it takes longer to load the chair, and the train doesn't start running every day until tomorrow… The kids are going home tomorrow. A friend of mine that I used to work with gave me a bunch of tickets for the train, I have been having so much fun and taking it a lot. We decided to just cruise around the boardwalk and the wharf and take pictures but my Google Glass died on me again. We went to Laili's for dinner and it was really awesome! Everybody that I have taken there best foam in love with the place and wants to go back each time, it's Mediterranean and everything is amazing! Rosa agreed to come in and put me to bed since Theresa left me stranded again last weekend. She put me to bed and I was pretty tired so I just listen to music for a while and played games until I fell asleep.












Saturday turned out to be a really awesome day! Cindy came in and fed the crew and got me dressed in up in my chair. Unfortunately, Nathan and Corrine are flying back home but I got to say goodbye to them before I took off for my concert in Felton, Redwood Mountain Faire. I went a couple of years ago with Trish and just fell in love with it and been going ever since that's when I got introduced to the music of Michael Frente! it's an all day/all weekend concert. The first time I went I had my morning caregiver drive me and had my evening caregiver pick me up and it worked out perfectly, I run into people but I am free to cruise around and lay back in the shade… Dude gets really antsy when we're staying in one place for too long. The time went by so fast and all the bands were so great before I knew it was time to come home, I bought some glasses and a couple of T-shirts on my way out. Cindy picked me up and took me home and fed the crew and then put me to bed, I was so tired and excited and then frustrated because I couldn't get my pictures to upload so I decided to just go to sleep and I woke up about 2 AM and my pictures were downloaded.


















 Sunday was another great day! Cindy came in and for the guys and girl and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. It's the second day of the Redwood Mountain Faire and I am a little bit less nervous about going today since yesterday went so well and I was so comfortable, except for cruising around town I usually don't go to events by myself mostly because of transportation. I realized yesterday that today was also pride downtown and I wish I could go to both but I have to pick one and since I bought tickets I'm going to the concert. I got in line and I heard somebody say "hi Tammie" and there was Ruby,  my therapist, and friend Susan's daughter. She was working there so she took my ticket and sent me on my way and said: "my mom might come later". I texted Susan to see if she was going to come and she said she might. I'm glad I got there earlier this time so it was nice to be able to go around and take pictures before the crowd comes. Everybody was running around a little frustrated because nobody could get their Wi-Fi to work which means the business can't use their phones with credit cards. We cruised around most of the day stopping in the shade when it was too hot and in the sun when it was too cold, I just love leaning back in the nice breeze and listening to the great music! How great his life?? All the sudden at about 2 PM I could not keep my eyes open, this is been a really long two weeks and I think my body is just getting exhausted. I texted Cindy and she came back and picked me up and we decided to stop at KFC on the way. The whole time I couldn't keep my eyes open until I got into bed and then guess what?? I stayed awake for a while but did eventually fall asleep. Another wonderful day!
























1 comment:

betty said...

Glad you had a great time with family!

Betty