Monday, June 10, 2019

Here comes the sun…

Monday was a nice restful day. I had an appointment to train a new caregiver this afternoon but she texted me to reschedule for Wednesday, she had a family emergency. I'm still really tired from the last couple of weeks so I decided to stay in bed. Karen came in and we did some personal care after she fed the crew. The rest of the day I just wanted to sleep on and off in the bed. Rosa came in and fed everybody including me and did a few things before she left. My uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia and I played cribbage. I managed to keep my eyes open but I was pretty much out right after they left.

Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. The weather is still overcast but pretty nice. Omar came in to do some stuff so I talked to him for a while, he's getting pretty busy and he loves it. The Woofpack didn't come to get Robby so I took him for a cruise around the ballpark, to the wharf, down the front of the boardwalk and back home. Dude and I went for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back and then down to the end of the boardwalk and back. I saw Leo the paper eater again, it always brings back such great memories. I remember it so well, it was so much fun to put paper in front of it and have Leo's mouth suck it up. On the way home, we cruised through where all the stores were and I saw Jimmy, the guy who paints and restores everything at the boardwalk. I said hello to him as I cruised by but he didn't hear me, I forgot he wears earplugs because it's so noisy… It was the first day the boardwalk was opened all day and there was a bunch of kids screaming and having fun. I found a place where it was nice and cool and laid-back for a while and I heard a voice say "hello Tammie and dude" I looked up and there was Jimmy, he's always in such a great mood and I LOVE his stories. I set up and Dude and I went down to visit with him for a while while he was painting one of the drop down doors, he's always doing something to keep himself busy but it seems like he never gets done but he loves it and you can tell. I mean what a great job?? He says he and his wife have a nice huge garden and that's what they love to do on the weekend, garden and enjoy lounging outside. It was starting to get a little warm so we cruised back home and hung out in the driveway for a while with Robby, I love hanging out in the yard with the boys at the end of the day… Laying back and listening to the music and the wind chimes are so relaxing. Rosa came in and fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. I wanted to relax and watch some TV and edit the pictures I took that day but I couldn't keep my eyes open and I was gone.










































 Wednesday was another great day, it's starting to get warmer and warmer today. Susan came in and gave me a nice relaxing massage, I can't believe in a week her and I are going to see Michael Franti at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga in a week… I'm so excited! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice hot relaxing bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I got a text from my cousin Debbie, she and her family are going on a cruise to Alaska. They started out in Seattle and when they come back from the cruise they're going to stay here for a couple of days, I can't wait to hear all of the trip and see the pictures. Robby and I were off for cruise down to the wharf, over in front of the boardwalk and back… These days probably mostly just like hers around and sport a few drops on everything. Dude, on the other hand, has a lot more energy so we took off for cruise down to the end of the wharf and back and through the middle of the boardwalk and back. When we were cruising in front of the boardwalk I can see Jimmy's bike, you can't miss it because he has it decorated with all the trinkets that he's gathered over the years… Every time we get near it Dude tries to grab something. They are just finishing up the stage in the sand and getting ready for the Bands on the Beach, I can't wait! We cruised back home and I turned up the air conditioner and watch TV until Rosa and Sara came in, we're showing Sara to help me out on weekend evenings. It's always a little awkward when there's somebody new and most of the time I can't wait until the new person has a couple of weeks under their belt and then I seemed to relax a little bit more but there's something about Sara that makes me feel relaxed. After they put me to bed and got me something to eat Rosa showed Sara around the house and the garage a little to get her familiarized with everything. I watched TV for a while, played games on the computer and I was out.













Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen was going on vacation so she came in at 5 AM to feed everybody and get me dressed and up in my chair before she left. It was really nice to be up this early but on Thursday a lot of times, I am. I took Robby for a cruise around Depot Park, over to the wharf, about halfway to the boardwalk and then back… He's always so willing to do everything and I try to watch him but I can't tell if he's in pain or just being brave, I don't want to overdo it with him. My aunt has been coming by and getting Robby to go hang out at their house, he just loves being with people and loves being over there because it's such a nice relaxing environment. Dude and I took off for a cruise downtown before meeting Carol at Abbott Square for our appointment, I get a little nervous with the elevator at the Family Center where she works makes me really nervous… It picks me up about 2 inches and then drops back down in the door opens. I can take a hint! It's really nice to sit out downtown and talk and watch the people, I love watching people! After my appointment with Carol, I cruised back home for an appointment with Jan to talk about rescheduling the CCI barbecue, we had to cancel it because of thunderstorms that never happened. We decided is too hot right now and we were just going to have a big CCI Halloween party, wait for it to cool down a bit. She told me that her duty as chapter leader for this area is coming up for voting and she said she didn't really want to do it and asked me if I wanted to do it, I told her I would but I don't have anybody to drive me over the hill for any of the events or the meetings. She asked me if we could do it as partners and she would do all the stuff that I couldn't so I said sure, I'll help her out as much as I can. Dude and I cruise down to the end of the wharf and back, on the way back I saw a car with bird poop on it… To me, it looked like an old guy walking his dog so I had to turn around and take a picture of it. It reminded me of one time I went to an abilities Expo in Santa Clara I saw a guy in a chair and he had an Afghan with him and both of them had dreads. Rosa came in early so she could get off early and go to a graduation over the hill, it was really warm so very nice to get back into bed where I can control the atmosphere. She fed everybody and then went on her way. I watched some TiVo, edited pictures and listen to music until Trish came over to watch our favorite series the marvelous Mrs. Mavis. I fell asleep shortly after she left.




















Friday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in, Karen had the day off, to take the dogs out to go potty and feed the crew. She got me dressed and up in my chair and Robby and I went out for a cruise through Depot Park over to the boardwalk and back. Joy came over to give me some hints on trying to get rid of a couple of Dudes bad habits, eating the vines on my fence and… Brace yourself because this is gross… Eating dog feces. She had a couple of really good suggestions so I will give them a try. Dude and I took off for a cruise to the end of the wharf and back, they were cutting down IV and trimming trees on our regular route back so we detoured up and around the bridge… I love that bridge! We headed home and waited for Rosa and Sarah, Sarah is catching on really quick but wasn't feeling well so she went home after she put me to bed. Rosa stayed and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I know she was exhausted because she had worked all day and didn't get outta here until 11:30 PM. She has such a great family! I listen to music for a while, edited my pictures and listen to some music before I fell asleep.

























Saturday was a great day! Cindy came in and for the crew and got me dressed and up in my chair and the Woofpack came to take Robby for his puppy play date. Dude and I took off for a cruise. The first thing I noticed when I stepped out of my driveway is a big sign that says they're going to be working on the streets in our cul-de-sac so it's going to be really hard to get in and out for four or five days since it is a cul-de-sac a lot of people are going to be very angry… I just hope I can get around on the sidewalks. Dude and I cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and met some friends on the boardwalk to have lunch and hang out for a while, get caught up. Right after my injury and 95, I went to an independent living center in Santa Clara and my occupational therapist and I made friends, she would come to the house every day and teach us how to go shopping and do stuff independently. She was single back then but met a boyfriend and now she's married with three kids, her family is incredibly sweet and I feel so lucky when they invite me to hang out with them. She also has the sweetest little foreign exchange student, she's been here two or three times and they just get along so great… She is adorable! She's from Sweden but doesn't like cheese, I don't think they will ever let her forget that. I wanted to hang out with them a little bit longer but I started getting really overheated, I can feel my face getting flushed and it was hard to concentrate on anything anybody was saying so I said goodbye and headed for home. On the way home I turn the air conditioner down to 66, thank goodness I have the app on my phone. It was really hard getting home, I was just drained. I made it home, turned on the fan and laid back in my chair hoping to cool down soon. By the time Sara came in, I felt a little better but still really drained, I feel bad because this is her first evening by herself… I hope I'm not too out of it to help her if she has any questions. She fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed. I remember eating but that's about it…







































 Sunday was a nice relaxing day. I woke up still exhausted from yesterday so I decided to stay in bed. Cindy came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me, of course, I'm always last… It's spring cleaning again here so Cindy took everything out of the front bedroom closet so I could decide what to keep and what to get rid of and organize everything, it always feels really good to get rid of some of my clutter but I just hate to get rid of stuff so I have to be in the right mood. I spent the rest of the day just watching TV, listening to music and editing pictures. Sara came in and fed everybody. We decided to tackle the cupboard underneath the stairs and found a ton more towels and blankets so we organized it and put it back in there and go through it again later and put them together with the ones in the closet and see if I can get rid of more. My aunt made some corned beef and cabbage and a Caesar salad and brought me over a plate, it was so good! Sara washed my face and brushed my teeth and then went home. The rest of the evening was really relaxing, I feel like even though I stayed in bed I still got a lot done. I watched TV until I dozed off…










1 comment:

betty said...

Liked the pictures of the boardwalk, Tammie. I bet it is always exciting when it opens for the summer season! Have fun at your concert this week!

betty