Monday, January 21, 2019

I made it through the holidays and now for a new year…

Monday I was just really tired and it was supposed to rain really hard so I thought I would stay in bed and keep warm and dry. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She put me back to bed and I watched the rain out the window, I got some blinds that are controlled with Amazon echo and I love it!! The day went by pretty fast and Rosa came in to feed the crew and then to put away some of the Christmas decorations in the living room.

Tuesday was a crazy day! Every day it says it's going to rain and the weather has been really nice so I decided I would just going to get up today and brave it, Robby went for his playdate so it was just Dude and I, it was going to be a long day so Cindy organized the kitchen so I could get up at noon. We put on my aviator's hat, my really tall scarf, a short sleeve sweater, two thermals, and a ring cape… And a rain jacket for Dude and we were ready to go. Laurel Street was a little rough but as soon as I got over to Depot Park where I saw Rafael in a full rain suit and I remember thinking that's what I need. He looked at me and that did a double take probably thinking "why is that crazy lady out here in this weather".  I realized I might have made a mistake, it was raining so hard and it's that sideways rain that gets everything and stings your face. I decided to cruise down the wharf but stopped about halfway because it was ridiculously high waves and wind, that wharf is pretty old and I'm not sure how much I trust it so we turned around and headed toward the boardwalk… All of a sudden my cape got unhooked and flew up and covered my face and there was a puddle in my lap so hoarse it went down my shirt. I decided we better go find some cover at the boardwalk and wait for the rain to calm down a little bit, it never did. I was tilting back and I noticed a flashing warning on my chair that said "bad cable" I thought to myself… I better get back home before I get stuck in the rain. All the way home I could see the warning flesh and that I remember thinking… Please let me just make it home. I made it home but I was drenched, all the way down to the bone and now I have another error. Luckily Cindy was still here so she figured out how to release the clutch on the chair and push me out of the way so she could put me to bed. I texted Daniel but by the time he had gotten back to me we had already figured it out, he said to just leave a message in the office so evil it can schedule him to come out. I hope I don't get sick after this, I didn't feel cold at all so hopefully, that means I am good? She got me to bed and set me up to my computer and it felt so great, nice to be home safe and by bad with this nasty weather out there. I warmed up and then fell asleep. This is pretty much what my spare bedroom looks like during the holidays right before and immediately after until Omar has time to take the boxes to and from storage.








Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice long massage and I felt so much better, my arms and neck were really tense from the day before. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, now I am totally relaxed. I decided to go back to bed and stay warm for the day, it was supposed to rain all day but barely sprinkled a couple of times. I figure I better wait a day or two and see if I was going to get sick from being stuck out in the rain. I watched TV and relaxed the rest of the day until Rosa came in. She fed the hungry crew and then fed me, did some stuff around here and then went home for the evening. I watched TV, listen to music, caught up on my blog and edited pictures until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.


Thursday was another forced relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the fur crew and then fed me. She hasn't been feeling well since she got back from vacation so this weather gives us both a reason to relax and feel better. I feel bad for the boys because when I don't get to go out neither do they but I would rather stay in bed where it's warm then go out where I am cold and wet all day… If I get sick on just be stuck in bed longer. One nice thing about this nasty weather is the pictures are beautiful! Of course when it's raining I can't wear my Google Glass but usually, I know a little bit what the weather's going to be like before I decide to get up or stay in. If it's just overcast and cloudy the pictures are incredible, especially now when there is a high surf warning. I watch TV, listen to music and played on the computer pretty much all day until Rosa came in. She fed everybody and did a couple things around the house, that's one thing I like about most of my caregivers is that they will find something to do… I feel really bad when I don't get up in my caregivers come in and have nothing to do and have to go home early. After Rosa left it was pretty much more of the same… Watch TV, listen to music and mostly play games on the computer. my uncle Ronnie is coming to visit but I heard that his plane got delayed so he probably won't get here until after I'm asleep.

Friday was a really great day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I'm so excited to get out and cruise around… It feels like it's been forever and I know me and the boys are getting cabin fever. She got me dressed and up in my chair and I got to say hello to my uncle Ronnie, he is so sweet and funny and I'm so excited about him being here! I took Robby out for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf and down alongside the boardwalk. It looks like they're getting everything ready for the weekend, that's the only time the boardwalk is open right now. We came home and rested for a bit before I took Dude out for a nice long cruise. Dude and I took off for the wharf, sometimes I have a hard time remembering that Robby no longer has public access and sometimes I get about halfway down the wharf before I remember which dog I have with me. Dude and I cruised all the way down to the end of the wharf and back, all the way through the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf and back again and then home. When I'm taking him out for a long cruise I sometimes like to go down Westcliff Drive and I know the pictures would be beautiful but I'm afraid of the sinkholes so, for now, we don't do it. We got back home just as Lupe came in, perfect timing. She took the dogs out to go potty and then fed them and a girl before putting me to bed. She got me something to eat, it's so nice to have Heather back cooking for me again so I know everything in my refrigerator is not only delicious but healthy and good for me. After Lupe left I watched a movie, watched some TiVo and listen to music until I fell asleep.

Saturday was an awesome day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and got me dressed and up in my chair, the Woofpack came to get Robby for his Saturday play date so dude and I took off for downtown to see what's going on with the Women's March. I talked to a couple of people that were going to go but I didn't really want to make plans to go with anyone because I never know how long it's going to take me to get dressed and up in my chair, the rally started at 10 AM. I got down there just about 10 AM just as they started the March, everybody met in front of Hulu's restaurant across the street from where the farmers market is on Wednesdays. As I was crossing the street a guy looked back and said "your daughter is taking a potty break" I was in such a rush I didn't even notice dude was trying to poop, I felt so bad… I tried to pull off a couple of times but he just didn't want to go. It was nice to March down Pacific Avenue and down to Water Street to the courthouse. While cruising along I ran into a lot of people that I knew, Vince, Heather, Mariposa and a couple of people that are Trisha's friends. When I ran into Vince he was with one of his bandmates and he looked familiar after he introduced us he said "you look familiar" I said yes so do you and he asked me if I ever took adaptive yoga and I said yes I did. A while back I started taking adaptive yoga until they kept persisting that they wanted to take me out of my chair and laid me on the ground and swore they could do it safely, I even brought a friend of mine was also a nurse, Julie, and she tried to explain to them but they just weren't getting it so I think I ended up dropping out of the class. We listen to a couple of speeches and then Heather asked me if I wanted to go hang out at the museum, I have only been there once and I wanted to spend some more time with Heather so we took off for the MAH. They expanded it and put in a food court and I go by it all the time and there is live music but I just couldn't get myself to stop and hang out and listen, I think that maybe I'm afraid that they're going to see me not eating or drinking anything and asked me to leave but I seriously doubt they would. We met some of Heather's friends and just hung out and listen to music, she has some pretty cool friends! Mariposa joined us and somebody brought the pie that looked really good, I didn't have any but I wanted to try some. After a while, I decided maybe I should take Dude and cruise down to the wharf and then back home. Every day I always try to make sure I at least go down to the wharf and look at the water, and always makes me so happy! Karen came in and put me to bed and made me a sandwich, every once in a while I order the sandwich kits from Goldbelly… You can find the actual food that is made famous from the place that it's from, I like the Reuben sandwiches from some New York deli. She made me one and I was a little annoyed because everything was there except for the Swiss cheese, they sent me a bunch of turkey in place of the cheese. It was so good I had to have one more but with a different kind of cheese. Karen went home and the rest of the evening I just edited my pictures from the March until he fell asleep, I took a lot of pictures.



















































































 Sunday was a good day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and I fell back to sleep and woke up in the afternoon, it felt really good to get some rest. It would've been nice to get up and go out for a cruise but it was supposed to rain. At least today it was supposed to rain and it actually did so I felt better about not getting up. I watched TV for a while before Lupe came in to feed the hungry crew.  Lupe came in and for the boys and the girl and then fed me. Since everybody around here seems to be sick at one time or another I decided to have her wipe down everything with Clorox wipes, door handles, light switches… And especially the rail on the banister going upstairs. She also wiped down my chair really good and my bed. I really like this new girl, she seems to be willing to do just about anything. I played around on the computer and listen to music until I drifted off to sleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

You do have a lot of bins of Christmas decorations, Tammie!

betty