Thursday, January 17, 2019

Time to say goodbye to Christmas and hello to the New Year…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen's first day back to work, I always miss her when she's gone but usually goes by pretty fast. The boys and Penny were sure glad to see her. We did some personal care and a nice lava hot bath, it felt wonderful! She got me dressed it up in my chair and Robby and I went for a cruise through Depot Park, I got about halfway down the wharf before I looked down and realized that I had Robby and came back really quick. I see dogs on the wharf all the time and I'm trying to find out who I can talk to to hopefully give them some flyers and posters about animals that do and do not have public access. There was supposed to be a comfort in Monterey about just that, fraudulent service animals. I got in touch with one lady who told me about it and I told her that I would gladly find a place where we can get a lot of people together and explain about animals and public access. I'm sure I could find a supervisor from the wharf, one from the boardwalk, and somebody from security would be really interested in attending. I've talked to a couple of the guys from Parks and Recreation and they also would be interested in that information. I hope I hear something but I think this is important enough to keep reminding her, I hate pestering people. Rosa came in and fed the furry crew and then put me to bed and fed me. I watched TV, my TiVo box is almost full because every once in a while I get parked on the movies on lifetime movie network. So I watched a little bit of comedy.tv and drifted off to sleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and the Woofpack came to get Robby, I had to pull dude out of the hiking camp because he was starting to show bad behavior for a service dog. I'm hoping that he can at least go to the puppy play dates but I'm going to ask when he gets recertified if that's a good idea. Dude, Cindy and I went to Cosco to see if they have any shingles shots, again they did not, then we went to pet smart and I found a new soft kennel for Dude enter an extra pad just because they always want to be in different places. Then we went over to world market, I love this place! We wandered around for a while and found what we were looking for and more and all of a sudden I started feeling really bad, my eyes were watering, my head was throbbing and I couldn't stop sneezing… I can't remember the last time I felt this bad. We stopped and had coffee and then we headed home. I took some Benadryl, codeine cough syrup, airborne and thought if this doesn't knock it out nothing will. We came back home and rested for a bit before Rosa comes in. She fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me, I decided to just have some soup. I thought I was going to be pretty sleepy but so far I'm not, hopefully, though I'll be out and about an hour or so and just sleep the night away and feel better in the morning. I haven't had my Google Glass on for a couple of days because I don't want them to get wet.







Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a nice massage, I think it's been about three weeks and it felt so good! Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I decided to stay in bed until I find out what's wrong with my ears, I don't know if the wind and cold weather would be very good for them… The left one is still very very sore and swollen, so much so I can't hear anything out of it. My right here is still itching but not as bad as it has been thank goodness. The groomer came to groom the dogs and I was pretty much it for the day. Rosa came in and fed the crew, including me, and she did some other stuff around the house and then she took off for the evening. I woke up about 2:30 AM in my ear was throbbing, I tried to ignore it but I couldn't and had to text my mom to come down and give me a couple of PMs.  The PMs put me to sleep with no pain but it was really hard to wake up the next morning. I can't wait to go see Dr. Owens tomorrow afternoon. All this staying in bed I did finally catch up on my blog if I don't write in it every day I forget everything.

Thursday turned out to be a really nice day. Yesterday it rained and hard pretty much all day long but today the sun is out and it looks like it's going to be nice and warm. Karen came in and fed the dogs and cats, fed me and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Robby and I took off for a cruise over to the wharf and back, we had to make it a short one because I have two appointments today. Dude and I took off downtown for my appointment with Carol, the elevator was broken so we decided to go for a walk and it was really nice. After my appointment with Carol, we cruise down to Palo Alto medical clinic for my appointment with Dr. Owens, is always so nice to see her. She looked in both of my ears and said that it looked like an allergic reaction to something, thinking back I don't remember eating anything different but who knows? She gave me some cream and referred me to a dermatologist, I just know that by the time I make an appointment with the dermatologist everything will have cleared up. We cruised over to the wharf and then back home to hang out with Robby and wait for Rosa. She fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me and we open some boxes from Amazon, is just like Christmas every day around here… I watched TV for a while and luckily I was awake when my mom came down to take the dogs out… She usually comes down between 11 and midnight to let them out one final time. Before I got into panic mode she gave me a couple of PMs and after a while, I was off to slumberland.























Friday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and fed everyone and we get some personal care and a nice long hot bath, it always feels amazing! I took Robby for another short cruise down and around Depot Park and then came back because I have a hair appointment at noon. Dude and I took off for my hair appointment, it's always nice to see Jessica and the other ladies in the shop just adore Dude… They just get right down on the ground and rub his belly and he's rolling around like a happy puppy, it is so adorable how much everybody loves him. I wish people could act in public more like they do when there's a puppy around. Just let it go, everyone! It was raining when I was getting ready to leave and Omar texted me to see when I was going to be around, I asked him if he would come and get me and he said yes… He drove me to Safeway on the way so I could get my prescriptions from Dr. Owens. It rained until we got back and I'm so glad I didn't take off to cruise home, I would have gotten soaked! I watched TV for a while and then Lupe came in and fed everybody and put me to bed. I watched 90-day fiancĂ© and drifted off to sleep.

Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby for the Saturday play date and he was so excited to go, he LOVES hanging around with the other dogs and especially the baby. A couple of the pack leaders have the most adorable son and Robby just can't stay away from him, it's so adorable! Omar came by to take down the rest of the Christmas decorations and we have these light up electronic deer in the front yard and everything just died on them so we decided to go and get some ivy plants, one for each leg, and planted in the front yard… That was Omar's idea, he is so creative! Cindy and I cruised over to OfficeMax to get a pencil box so that Omar can fix my automatic leg bag emptier, mine broke so I had to get another one. We decided to stop in and have some coffee, it smelled amazing! On the way back home we stopped at the nursery and got four little ivy plants for the reindeer. She dropped me off at Depot Park and Dude and I cruised over to the wharf and then down to the boardwalk, the sky and the waves were amazing so I took a lot of pictures… Sometimes all of the pictures are so beautiful I want to put them all on here but I know I have to hold it down. We cruised back and hung out in the yard with Robby for a while until Lupe came in. She fed the crew and then put me to bed and got me something to eat. This is her first solo weekend but I'm not nervous because I think she's going to be great. I listen to music for a while and edited the pictures that I took that day on Google Glass until I drifted off to sleep.





































Sunday was a nice relaxing long day. Cindy came in and made me two different pancakes with bacon and eggs, they were incredible! I slept on and off all day and Lupe came in early so we could do some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I watched TV for a while, I'm on a Jennifer Lopez movie kick right now… She is so incredibly multi-talented! I felt a little sleepy so put on some music and I was out.

1 comment:

betty said...

I liked all your pictures, Tammie. The one with the rocks balanced was amazing! I think getting together with people and figuring out where animals are allowed is a great thing. Signs should be posted I think too.

betty