Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Ready for the new year…

Monday was a crazy windy day. Staying in bed was not an option because I'm ready to get out of here no matter what the weather, I'm sure the boys would agree. Cindy came in and fed everyone and got me dressed in up in my chair, I could just see the wind howling outside so I looked up the weather and of course, it was going to be up to 17 miles an hour wind warning. I found my aviator hat and put it on and it was perfect, kept my ears and head warm… Problem is I forgot to have it snapped under my chin and almost lost it a couple of times. I ran into a guy I see out exercising a lot and asked him to help me snap it under my chin and he did so that I felt better, I thought he was going to have to come all the way home from the wharf just to have my hat snapped. On my way to the wharf, I heard a bunch of sirens and saw probably five or six emergency vehicles, mostly firetrucks, headed towards the wharf. When I got there they were all standing on Cowell's beach looking out into the ocean with binoculars over towards the lighthouse. I cruised down to the end of the wharf and try to get some pictures of the amazing waves, the wind was carrying them really high and it just looked awesome, unfortunately, the Google glass doesn't show detail from that far away but it still looked awesome! As we were cruising back I saw them pulling up a canoe and I saw at least one guy that was soaked, who goes canoeing in weather like this?? All of the emergency vehicles left the wharf and were gathering out on Westcliff Drive, I don't know if it was the same emergency they were looking for. I saw my friend Lo, she works in the tollbooth at the beginning of the wharf but took the day off so she was just cruising around. I talked to her for a while and asked her what was going on and she's the one that told me that somebody went out in a canoe and it tipped over. Robby and I cruised back home and as we were coming down Laurel Street a branch had fallen off of a tree and sliced right through a fence and was blocking the sidewalk so we had to go in the bike lane to get around it… Luckily Robby was on the inside of the street closest to the sidewalk so I wasn't as nervous going out into the street where he could get hit by a passing car. Dude and I took off for a cruise, When we passed by 7-11 there were about four police cars and they were wrestling some guy into the police car, he did not look happy. We cruised through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf, I was a little nervous going down to the end because it was so windy but the waves weren't that bad around the wharf and luckily I'm driving a big huge anchor so I don't have to worry about blowing over the side. On the way back I ran into my neighbor, Noah, and he said that they close down the boardwalk because of the wind… He works there and was probably pretty happy to have a day off. while I was out cruising around my mom, Stanley and Janet went to the Santa Cruz Diner and brought me back a club sandwich and some French fries...I haven't had French fries for a really long time and they were so delicious. I might be sorry later on or tomorrow but I've been eating a lot of stuff I shouldn't have lately. Rosa came in and fed the crew and put me to bed before she went off to watch her son play in a tournament. My uncle, my aunt, my mom, Stanley, Janet and I played cribbage… Janet was my partner and although I lost a dollar we had fun. I was falling asleep before the game was over so it didn't take long after everyone left and I was out.

























Tuesday would've been a great day to get out, the sun is out and there's no wind. Unfortunately, when Cindy told me that she could cover for Karen she told me she only wanted one day off and that was New Year's Day, I totally forgot about that so ended up staying in bed. My mom came down to let the dogs out and feed them and then Stanley came down later with a bagel and some coffee. I watched movies, listen to music and slept on and off all day. Rosa came in and fed everybody and did a little bit of housekeeping. I watched more TV and listen to more music until I fell asleep. Melissa sent me a picture of David in his uniform and Douglas as trustee companion.



Wednesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and after she fed the crew she fed me and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a nice long cruise through Depot Park about halfway down the wharf until I realized he's not supposed to be on the wharf so we turned around and headed down towards the boardwalk. I keep thinking I better take all the pictures that I want because pretty soon they're going to be taking all of the decorations down and everything will be back to normal, whatever normal is? The weather was cold but really nice, we headed home. Dude and I took off for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and then back home. I've been inside Neptune's kingdom but I always just walk straight through I never check anything out, today I wanted to check everything out. I took a lot of pictures and decided tomorrow I'm going to go around and see if there's an elevator to go upstairs, I hear a lot of table tennis, air hockey and pool being played up there and I'm really curious. 10 years I have lived here and pretty much-explored everything I can't believe I missed this. I got up enough nerve to go inside the carousel building and take pictures, I have wanted to for a long time but I was afraid somebody would try to tell me I can't get on anyway so I might as well not be in the building. We cruised back home and the boys ran around the guard for a little bit before Rosa came in to feed them. After she fed them she cleaned up a little bit and then went home. Janet came by to visit so we decided to have her make a taco salad and then play cribbage, pretty much everybody in my whole family loves cribbage! I was falling asleep during the last two games and as soon as everybody left I was out.



































 Thursday was a great day. Cindy came in and got me up after she fed the wild ones. I took Robby out for our normal 3 or 4-mile sniff-athon, he seems to have a lot more energy these days and is looking like a pup again… I love it!! Dude was up next, I decided I haven't been on Westcliff Drive for a long time and since the weather was kind of nice I'm going to go give it a try. I've seen a lot of sinkholes out there and I guess I'm afraid to drive by at the wrong time and slide down into the ocean, I can't breathe just thinking about it. There's definitely a lot of interesting people, places and things. I like going on a weekday because it's not as crowded, from Friday on it's a madhouse. As I was cruising back I heard someone say "hey Tammie Lou" and I turned around and there was Susan, my massage therapist. She was out there having lunch with some friends, I've seen that little restaurant there several times and even drove by to check it out and it looks like there's a pretty good menu and they have coffee! I talked to Susan for a minute and then we decided to go out there for a cruise one day and have lunch. We headed back home to wait for Rosa and Lupe, Rosa is going to show Lupe how we do the evening caregiver job so she can take over for evening weekends. It's always a little awkward and nervous when you meet somebody new who you know is going to be looking at your "stuff". I'm shy anyway so it's always awkward for the first week or so, I just wish I could skip that part but I know it will work out. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, put me back to bed and I was out.



































































 Friday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and the girl and got me up before she went to her other job. It's been really nice being up every morning by 10 AM, it would be even nicer if the weather outside would cooperate. I just bundle up really good and I should be fine, I figured out if my head, ears, neck, and shoulders are warm that I'm pretty comfortable… It's when I feel a breeze around my head and neck that I get really cold. Robby and I took off for a really nice long cruise, cruising and sniffing. I came back and rested for a while and then took Dude out for an even longer cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back and then over to the boardwalk. We cruised through Neptune's kingdom and after cruising around for a while I found an elevator to go upstairs and decided to take pictures from there, I just love it when I find something new to take pictures of. We cruised down towards the end of the boardwalk and then back home. Tonight was Lupe's first night by herself, of course, I been a little nervous about it all day just because it's new. She fed the crew and then put me to bed and fed me. I think I was so worried about it all day by the time I got into bed I was exhausted and fell right to sleep… She did a fantastic job!


















































































Saturday was a rainy stay inside kind of day. It was so rainy and windy that the Woofpack called and canceled so it looks like all of us are stuck indoors today. Cindy came in and fed everybody and we cleaned up some of the clutter in my room, I always feel so much better when my room is nice and organized… It's a constant work in progress. I would love to sleep all day but for some reason, I just couldn't, probably because I can't leave the computer alone… If I turn the computer off and only watch TV or listen to music I fall asleep pretty easily. Lupe came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, this girl really knows what she's doing and I'm impressed. After the bath to put me back into bed and the rest of the night I just edited pictures and listen to music.

Sunday was another day in bed.  Today is my little brothers birthday!! Cindy came in and she wasn't feeling well so she fed everybody and then went back home to rest, I would really feel awful if she got sick after filling in and helping me out so much. It was another restless day in bed, it sure is a lot more fun staying in bed because you want to as opposed to staying in bed because you have to and I don't know why… I think it's just what my mind is thinking and I tried to change that. I'm trying to think about everything in the positive and hopefully change my frustration/anxiety. I don't know where these pictures came from but it says they were taken today…







1 comment:

betty said...

You got some great pictures of the waves, Tammie! I can't imagine the wind howling like that. I'm not a wind person and would be staying inside on a day like that, yet alone not go canoeing. Glad to hear Lupe is working out!

betty