Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Christmas is only a couple of nights away…

Monday was a pretty good day, I've been writing to get up and out for a long time. Cindy came in and fed everybody and then got me dressed and up in my chair, it's kind of nice having the extra time in the morning because when doing the program and bath at night while Karen's gone… I wish I could do it at night all the time and have more time during the day but right now that's just not possible. It's nice to take both of the boys out for a nice long cruise and just enjoy Christmas Eve day! It was raining so I didn't dare take my Google glass but at least I got out and I got to take the boys out. Rosa and Lupe came in, we're going to show Lupe the routine and see if she would be interested in coming aboard. Rosa likes her and thinks she will be good and that's all that I need to know, I totally trust Rosa. She showed her everything from feeding the fur crew to doing the program and the bath and she didn't run away screaming so I guess that's a good sign? Of course, it's always awkward the first couple of times but she seems to be a really confident lady, I like that. It was a big relief that everything went well and now I get to relax and not concentrate on anything, in particular, just listen to music, watch TV and look at the pictures that I have taken so far. Good night!

Tuesday was a great day, Christmas Day! Since my caregivers have family and we were going to eat dinner here anyway I just decided to give them all the evening off to spend with their families. Cindy came in to feed me and the boys and girl and then she went home. The rest of the day I just listen to Christmas music and waited for dinner, my aunt and Kelly made a killer dinner of turkey and the works. Kelly made me some eggless lemon shortbread cookies, they were absolutely incredible! She made my mom some peanut butter cup cookies and even though they had eggs I decided to try one and I think that was the best thing I have ever tasted! They were amazing! We sent a couple tables up in my room and everybody enjoyed the Christmas dinner together! Of course, I didn't get any pictures, I didn't even think about putting on my Google glass and I don't think anybody else did either but that's okay because as bad as my memory is I still have the memories. I watched TV for a bit and then fell asleep.

Wednesday was a really good day but I knew I was going to be miserable because I stayed in bed for so long and my stomach is so bloated. Unfortunately, I have friends coming to visit and although I'm excited it's going to be a long day. I met Andree when I went to the independent living center to learn how to be more independent after I moved in with my parents my aunt thought it would be a good idea and it was… I really learned a lot. It was a really awkward time because I'm already so shy an awkward and it didn't help that my ex told me he didn't want to take care of me anymore and I needed to move out but I don't blame him, this is definitely not what he signed up for. I didn't get up a lot when I first moved in with my parents, maybe once a week to go to the support groups at Valley medical, but I didn't have any caregivers and I had no idea how to recruit any. Andree really taught me a lot and gave me a little bit of confidence. We lost touch but then became friends again on Facebook and her and her boys usually come to Santa Cruz once or twice a year and it's always really nice. Her boys are always so sweet and so comfortable around me that it makes me comfortable and we always have a good time. This time she was bringing her father, her brother, and her husband… I haven't seen her husband Mike for probably 20 years. They invited my mom and I to their Halloween party, it was my first outing and it was really nice. She also brought a foreign exchange student that she has from Germany and her nephew and niece, they were also sweet and they just give you that holiday feeling… So much love and that family! She always packs a really yummy picnic and today was no exception. They wanted to get some Christmas pictures on the boardwalk and then we went to Depot Park and had a picnic. It was getting close to the time I needed to get home and after eating I was a little bit more uncomfortable and bloated so I said goodbye and took off for home. I'm really glad it was a nice day and I was able to wear my Google glass and take some pictures. I got home in time to rest for a while before Rosa came in to start training with Lupe again, tonight she did extremely well and remembered everything… It was really encouraging. Also, she decided that she wanted to take the job if it works out. It's so hard to find help, especially on the weekends. Rosa and Lupe came in and they put me to bed, did the program and the bath and then put me back to bed. It was a little stressful and uncomfortable but it always is with the new person. I watch TV while they cleaned everything up and then they left for the evening. I'm still way behind on my blog but I just get so tired or distracted when I get back into bed. It was a long day and I went to sleep fast.
























Thursday was a really good day. The groomer was still grooming Dude so I decided to take Robby to my appointment downtown, he was so excited! Everybody there was really happy to see him and they remembered him. I had a really lot to say so it really went by fast. I brought Robby home and rested for a bit before I took Dude out for a cruise. We cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back and then over to the boardwalk… This might be my last chance to take pictures while they still have all of the holiday decorations out. We cruised back down to the end of the wharf again and then headed home. Rosa texted me and said that her son had a game in Watsonville and could she come in at 6 PM? I was so excited because this means I get to stay up past dark and actually get pictures of all the lights and I'm so excited! I rested for a while and I was going to go out by myself but I thought I might as well just take Dude, I want to say it's pretty safe around here and nobody is going to mess with me with the chair I doubt but it's even more of it to torrent to have a big scary level with me… Even though he's the farthest thing from scary. It was so nice to just relax and cruise around the boardwalk and then the wharf taking pictures at night, I was snapping pictures like crazy because I didn't have as much time as I thought I would… Who knows when I'll get another chance like this? I got home at exactly 6 PM and it was cold. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I think I was out before she left.



















































































 Friday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then got me dressed and up in my chair before she went to work, Cindy has been helping me out so much during Karen's vacation and I know she's exhausted but I hope she knows how much I appreciate her! I took Robby for a cruise down to the wharf and back, he just looks so happy when he's out cruising around… I just love this guy! Dude and I took off for my appointment with Jennifer, it was a really nice day! I had Theresa pick me up because I needed to have her put me to bed before she needed to go home and get some sleep for her new job. Most the times I like going to bed early on the weekends but it seems like when you have to it's not as relaxing as it is when you just want to go to bed early. I always seem to keep myself busy while I'm in bed watching TV, listening to music, looking up stuff on the computer and playing around with my photos.







Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and after she fed the first babies she fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. I cruised the boys around and then came back home to get back into bed where it's nice and warm. Theresa came in and fed everyone and put me back to bed and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, personal care wasn't very successful but I always feel better after a bath. I listen to some music for a while, watch TV for a while, played with my photos on Google for a while and then fell asleep.

Sunday was a surprisingly restful day. I woke up about 8 AM and Cindy wasn't here so after I texted and messaged her on Facebook I woke up my mom to come down and feed the fur babies. My brother Stanley made me some toast and bacon and brought me some coffee, my three favorite breakfast items. Cindy eventually messaged me at 10 AM and said that she slept through four or five alarms, she's been putting in a lot of hours so I can imagine that she's pretty exhausted so I told her just to stay home and relax and I'll see her tomorrow. I watched a couple of movies and enjoyed hopefully my last day in bed for a while. I ate some shortbread cookies and fudge that Janet made, it was delicious! I started feeling really uncomfortable and bloated and I was glad to see Theresa when she got here at 2 PM. We tried some more personal care with good results and I felt much better! I slept really good.

1 comment:

betty said...

Seemed like you had a nice Christmas, Tammie! Enjoyed all the pictures of the decorations. Now onward to 2019! Happy New Year!

betty