Monday, February 11, 2019

Little brother coming to visit…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I pretty much slept through everything. I don't know why it is that I can't sleep all night long but then about 6 AM when Karen gets here I can't keep my eyes open, I wish it was the other way around. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair and usually by this time Robby is downstairs, usually around 11 AM, waiting to go for a cruise but he was nowhere around… Karen even went into the living room and looked around and called his name and he never came down so I just took off with Dude. There's a lot of people upstairs right now and he's loving the attention so I figured I would take Dude first and come back later to get Robby. We cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then down to the end of the war again and back home. I usually like cruising around the boardwalk because it's a good place to work with Dude and his commands but I forgot today was a holiday so there were people there, we still went down to the end and had a couple of commands. There was a lot of driftwood on the ocean and people were making teepees and other little coverings, some of them are very creative. There was one couple was putting together some kind of little house out of twigs and then they found a way to prop up their camera and they brought over a log to sit on and they were taking pictures, it looked like they were having so much fun. We cruised back home and my uncle came in to chat for a while, he is so funny! Mariposa came in to give me some acupuncture and after she left Rosa came in to feed everybody and put me to bed. When running a little late but actually got everything is done by 7:00 PM, just in time to play cards. Claudia and my uncle were partners, my aunt and my mom were partners in my uncle and I were partners… We always start out with five dollars and I ended up with two but at least I didn't get double skunked. During the card game I was having a really hard time keeping my eyes open but of course, now that everything is quiet and everybody's gone I can't sleep. Hopefully, I'll play some games on the computer and listen to some music and I'll be gone.

Tuesday started out good. Cindy came in and fed the furry guys and girl and then got me dressed and up in my chair.  My eyes started watering really bad again and even worse after I wiped my hand in my eye, I forgot I had spray sunscreen with alcohol on my hand and I wiped it in my eye. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Cindy drove Dude and I over for my appointment with Dr. Petrocelli, my osteoporosis Dr., it was hard to find a place to park as it usually is but this time even more so because there was a couple of ambulance dropping people off or picking people up. We had to wait almost an hour so we decided to go around the corner and get some coffee and a cookie. As we were outside enjoying the weather, coffee, and cookie the lady came out and said the doctor was ready for me. Last time I saw him he gave me a bunch of bloodwork to have done, 10 vials, so I hope he has everything. He put me on a monthly pill, with a lot of instructions, and said we will start out with that for a couple of years. My eyes really watering bad and now my eyes red and puffy, what is this?? While we were at the doctor's office my aunt called and I had to hang up because we were in the hospital, immediately after Omar called so I figured it must be important and I had Cindy take the phone outside and talk to him. Apparently, my aunt found a registration/smog request from back in November and was panicking to get it done. Omar told Cindy of a place to have it done and it only took about 10 minutes, I was joking with the guy and I said: "now how long do you think will have to wait at the DMV?" The guy said "you don't even need to go to the DMV because you can have all this done at AAA", he said the lines are shorter and the people are nicer. We cruised up to Safeway to get my new prescription from Dr. Petrocelli but the lady said that my mom had just picked it up, she said she has to be right around here somewhere so I went one way and Cindy went the other and Cindy saw them leaving. We went to Burger. and then came back home, I got my usual Colby sliders and tater tots and said he got some other kind of sliders and tater tots. Rosa came in to put me to bed, I still really felt miserable and I was like that all night. I took a couple of Benadryl, lorazepam and a bite of medical chocolate and pretty soon I was out.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. My Google glass is back to not working so I'm trying to problem solve, I'll probably just end up setting it back to factory settings but I'll work on it over the weekend. Susan came in and gave me a nice big massage, by the end I'm usually almost asleep and I feel so wonderful. Karen came in and we did some personal care and of course the nice long hot Himalayan salt essential oils bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair. The dog groomer came by and gave the boys the works, they always smell so good and they're so shiny after their bath. I did get my Google glass to work a little bit, long enough to take some pictures of my mom, my aunt, my uncle, Cooper, and Ellen. I took Robby for a nice little cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf, down the side boardwalk and back. We cruised back home and I exchanged dogs and then Dude and I took off for a cruise pretty much the same cruise I did with Robby except Dude still has public access so we can cruise down to the end of the wharf and back, through the boardwalk or we stopped to practice a couple of commands and then home. Rosa came in and fed the critters and then put me to bed and fed me. All my photos on Google are kind of messed up so I'm trying to fix them, I can't get a scrollbar on the right side of my computer when I have up the page that has my pictures. I tried to look it up on YouTube to see if I could find how to add scrollbar but I couldn't find anything. I listen to music for a while and then fell asleep.




Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew that got me dressed and up in my chair. Robby and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, down to the beginning of the wharf, over to the boardwalk and then home. Dude and I cruised through downtown and headed for my appointment with Jennifer for a facial. After my appointment, we cruised down to the end of the wharf at that home. I ran into my aunt and I was talking to her for a little bit and she showed me the neighbors garden, it looks pretty awesome! Rosa came in and fed everybody and put me to bed. I watched TV for a while, played games on the computer for a while, read some messages and I was out.











Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the critters before we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair, and I was ready to take the boys for a nice long cruise. I took Robby; first, We took a cruise three, Depot Park, over to the pier and then down to the Boardwalk and back. Dude and I took off for a cruise through Depot Park, to the end of the pier and back, to the end of the Boardwalk and back and then home. Teresa was here so she fed the animals, Put me to bed, and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I was pretty tired after I fell right asleep.



Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and then Robby went off for his Playdate. Omar, Cindy and I decided to clean out the garage once again, we didn't get a lot done because Cindy had to go home and check on her brother, he wasn't doing well the night or the morning before. I took the boys simultaneously for a nice long cruise before it was time to go back to bed. Teresa came in and fed everybody, put me to bed and then fed me. We decided to try the garage again tomorrow. I watch TV for a little while and then dozed off.

Sunday was a really exciting day for me, I'm starting to really like getting organized and getting rid of clutter…I just have to be in the right mood. Cindy came in and fed everybody and then got me up for the day, we went up to Emily's to get some pastries, muffins, breakfast burritos, sandwiches and coffee to get everybody going… Hopefully, nobody will crash until after we're done with the garage LOL. I asked Cindy how her brother was and she said they finally took him tobER last night and they rushed him over to Kaiser Santa Clara. They were still doing a bunch of tests and wasn't sure yet what was wrong with him. I hope everything turns out okay, He's only 35 years old. I did get to take the boys for a nice long cruise after so that felt great, both Omar and Cindy work really fast so we always get stuff done really quick, they are both pretty awesome! The boys got to hang out in the yard so I knew Robby would be happy but I needed to take Dude for a little cruise, he's got a lot more energy to burn. Teresa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed where I just watch TV and edited pictures for a while until I fell asleep. Cindy texted me later and said that her brother had a stroke and it looks like he's going to be in the hospital for a couple of weeks doing different test and then he's going to have to go to rehab to learn how to walk and gain strength back in his arms and legs again.








































1 comment:

betty said...

These pictures are great of the water, Tammie! I like to declutter and get organized. I've moved so many times over the years that I've learned to get rid of things that I rarely use other than to move them. Haven't regretted giving away too much either :)

betty