Sunday, November 25, 2018

Thanksgiving week…

Monday turned out to be a really good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long really hot bath, for some reason lately I'm either really cold or really hot. She got me dressed and up in my chair and the quality was pretty good but since Robby is older still want to keep him inside the house. Dude and I took off through downtown to my appointment with Jennifer to get a facial, I always feel so clean and fresh cruising down the sidewalk with my newly waxed face. Of course, everyone adores Dude and they gather around the lobby waiting for me to release him so he can go and say hello to everyone… Is so adorable! He rolls over on his back and squirms around or scoots his nose and the side of his body along the carpet. After my facial we cruise down to the end of the wharf and took pictures of Bill's latest design in the sand, he hurt his leg and stayed home for a while so it's sure nice to see him out and about and back at what he loves to do… Sand art. We cruised back home and hung out in the backyard for a while, we have all been cooped up so it was nice to be out. Rosa came in and put me to bed after she fed the crew and then she got me something to eat. Rosa is always finding something to do, I love that! We washed my face and brush my teeth and I watch TV until I fell asleep.



































Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then the Woofpack came to pick up the boys. Cindy took me to the companion bakery to pick up some pies for Thanksgiving and we decided to stop and have some coffee and I had a piece of apple/pear crumble pie. The lady that sold me this house 10 years ago gives me a coupon every year for a free pie, she is so sweet and thoughtful. We decided to go to Ross to see if they have any plates for Thanksgiving, I like to go on Tuesdays because I get a 10% discount for being over 55. Pretty much all of the Thanksgiving stuff was gone and all that was left was Christmas so we tried to get out of there real quick before I saw something I just couldn't do without. As we were coming out I saw Kohl's department store across the parking lot and we decided to check it out and see what they had for Thanksgiving, the same thing there… All of the Thanksgiving stuff was gone and it was just a lot of Christmas. I bought a couple of things that I couldn't resist. We stopped by Mariposa's office to pick up some CBD oil and headed home. We got back in the boys were already here, usually drop them off between 3 o'clock and 4:00 PM, so we hung out outside and enjoy the sun in the backyard for a while, what a gorgeous day. Rosa came in and put me to bed And I listen to music until I fell asleep.











Wednesday was a relaxing day. Susan came in to give me a massage and she fed the crew. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long very hot bath, so nice and relaxing. I decided to stay in bed and rest because I knew it was going to be a long day tomorrow and through the weekend. I decided it would be a good day to put an ad on Craigslist and Cabrillo College to see what the options out there are as far as caregivers, I've been having problems on and off with a couple of the caregivers so maybe it's time for a change? I listen to music for a while, slept on and off and watch TV until Rosa came in, she fed the crew and then fed me and vacuumed and cleaned up a little bit before she went home. I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Thursday was an awesome day, Thanksgiving! Karen came in and fed everybody and then got me up. My friends Marshall and Elizabeth showed up to spend a couple of days so after I got up we took the puppies for cruise through the lagoon, I wanted to take some progressive pictures of the butterfly/Bee garden but there really wasn't any so we cruised through the park on Bay Street, over to the wharf and then down to the boardwalk for some coffee and a snack. When we got there-there was nobody around but by the time we left it was packed, the ice rink was standing room only. We cruised back and rested for a while and ate Thanksgiving dinner, prime rib, twice baked potatoes, asparagus, salad, and rolls and for dessert, we had a pumpkin pie, bourbon pecan pie, lemon custard pie, and apple/pear pie… It was awesome!  Karen set everything up really nice this morning so we could eat Thanksgiving dinner here but my cousin wasn't feeling well so everyone else ate over at my uncle's house and Marshall, Elizabeth and I ate here. Karen came back and put me to bed so that Rosa could have the day off with her family.




























































Friday was another great day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath.  We took the pups for another nice long cruise and then we decided to go to dinner at Firefish Restaurant on the wharf, I have been there a couple of times and always had a great experience. As an appetizer we got oysters Rockefeller, I don't know if it was supposed to be cold but I wasn't really excited about it, I had scallops Monterey with rice pilaf and vegetables and it was really good! Marshall had halibut and Elizabeth had salmon, everybody was very happy. We took a cruise down to the end of Westcliff Drive and back, it was so beautiful! I used to cruise down there a lot during the day but I haven't done it too much lately because of the traffic and the sinkholes.  Theresa came in and put me to bed but left right away because she wasn't feeling good. We watched the original Dr. Seuss How the Grinch Stole Christmas and we all ended up going to bed really early.

 Saturday was another really great day. Elizabeth and I took the pups for a cruise over to the wharf and back and then we cruised downtown to watch the movie Bohemian Rhapsody, it was awesome! Usually, when I go to the movies I fall asleep for a while and then end up listening to pretty much everything around me and not being able to concentrate on the movie, I usually wait for it to come on pay-per-view, but I was concentrating so hard on the movie it was over before I knew it… That's how awesome and intense the movie was. We came back to rest for a while and we were going to go back down to the wharf to have dinner but we decided to just hang out here and get some Mexican food from the restaurant a couple blocks down, I love that place! We watch the comedy Channel for a while and then Marshall and Elizabeth went to bed, I stayed up for a while and edited pictures and then finally went to sleep.

































Sunday was another lost day. My friends Elizabeth and Marshall left at 6 AM to go home, I said goodbye and then fell back to sleep. I woke up at 8 AM and nobody was here so I texted Cindy and asked her if there was something wrong and if I should find somebody to feed the animals, she finally texted me back and said she wasn't feeling good so I texted Theresa and when I didn't hear from her I texted Kelly and she came down and fed the animals. I texted Karen to see if she could come in and get me something to eat and she did. I watch TV and worked on my blog until Theresa came in. She fed everybody that we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and then back to bed but feeling much better, hot baths fix everything! I watched ninety-day fiancé for a while and then drifted off to sleep looking at my beautiful Christmas lights on the back porch, I can't wait to see my house after its decorated.

1 comment:

betty said...

It sounded like you had a nice Thanksgiving, Tammy. All that delicious food! Enjoyed all the festive pictures!

betty