Monday, November 5, 2018

Halloween is this Wednesday…

Monday was a long boring and relaxing day. Karen came in and fed the crew and put me on my side so we can check out the damage on my derrière, it wasn't as bad as we thought but I'm definitely going to have to stay off of it a couple of days. I planned on watching the hallowing movie series, one through four is on AMC. I slept on and off most of the day, I hope I can sleep tonight. Rosa came in and fed everyone and that left, a very sad because it's really uncomfortable and I hope that we can work things out. My uncle and my aunt, Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage, my uncle wasn't feeling well so he went home. Hopefully, he just needs some rest and she'll be back to his old self-tomorrow. I had a piece of medical chocolate and I was out.

Tuesday was another long boring relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and then fed me. She turned me over on my side for a while and then redid the dressing on my derrière and set me back up. Luckily today was a play date for the puppies so I don't have to feel guilty about them not getting any exercise. Omar came in and carved some pumpkins, I swear he gets more and more creative every year. I got so many compliments on the decorations and the pumpkins, I just have a creative group of people helping me out and I really appreciate them! Today the Queen movie, Bohemian Rhapsody, is going to come out and I'm going to miss it. Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me, that's the last thing I remember.







 Wednesday was a really good day! Halloween! My favorite holiday of all time! Again I was walking up at midnight with cold/hot chills and a headache, not my bladder again? I called my mom down to verify but I think I knew what it was, same as a couple weeks before. For some reason, it's leaking around the catheter on my SP tube. Why does it always happen after 10 PM?? I wasn't quite panicked yet so I left Karen a Facebook message to see if she was still awake, after about an hour of waiting I decided to text her and then I called her. By this time I was a little panicked so I sent Cindy a Facebook message, texted her and then called her. When she did the return my call I started really panicking and I called Rosa cell phone, she didn't answer but she texted me back and asked if everything was okay? I told her I was having problems but she didn't have anybody to give her a ride over to you, Cindy was spending the evening with her sister and nephew. There was really nothing else we could do, just hope that somebody sees my message before too long. My mom had given me a Lorazepam because I had so much anxiety but at least it relaxed me and put me to sleep, I woke up around six or 7 AM and saw a message from Karen that if I still needed help to let her know so I messaged her back and she came in early. Susan was supposed to come in at six to give me a massage when I canceled the appointment, of course, she was the only one with her phone on. She offered to come in and help, she is so sweet and caring! Karen came in and cleaned everything up and changed my SP tube then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, what a great feeling! She got me dressed and open my chair just as the guy from advanced lines and shade came to reassess my windows, the last guys quote was way too much so I decided to scale down a little on the blinds, I had them all motorized so I can open and close them from the bottom or the top with Amazon echo, I'm only getting that kind in my room and the rest I'm just getting the regular blinds… It cut the quote in half so I'm happy. Dude at an appointment with Dr. Martinelli at 2:00 PM so we dress the boys up in their costumes and of course they were a big hit, everybody is so sweet at the vet. We decided to cruise the boys downtown since they already have our costumes on and so did I, I didn't really plan on it but I'm so glad that it worked out. I took some pictures and we cruise the boys back home and Theresa took us to the wharf so we could all get a picture in costume, unfortunately, the boys were so distracted by all the people and I was really hard to get a picture. We cruised back home and Theresa put me to bed and I edited all my pictures but fell asleep before I could post them, once I forget to post one night I usually forget for a couple nights and then try to remember what I did throughout the day… Thank goodness for my calendar and the pictures I take. After I finished editing I fell right to sleep.

























































Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the four babies and then fed me and got me up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf and then back. Dude and I took off for a cruise through downtown and over to Soquel Avenue for my appointment with Jennifer. I got there early so I was tilting back in my chair and I got a phone call that I ignored pretty soon I got a text from Mariposa, her office is right across the parking lot from where Jennifer works. I was laying back so I didn't answer it and pretty soon I heard somebody say "hello!" I looked over and there was Mariposa, it was so nice to see her. We chatted for a bit and I told her I would be back down this way tomorrow so we made an appointment at 12 o'clock noon for acupuncture before my appointment to go see Jessica. My appointment with Jennifer went really well, it's always so nice to see her and everybody there at the salon is so friendly… Of course, everybody loves Dude! I hadn't heard from Theresa so I decided to head on down a couple more blocks to get some blood work done for my osteoporosis appointment next week, I had been meaning to do it for a while but just never followed through… It's always so nice to have everything done. I headed back home and just as I got to Santa Cruz high school I got a text from Theresa asking me if I was okay. I came home and she put me to bed and I just watch TV for a while until  Trish came over to watch a couple more episodes of Portlandia after she left I fell asleep.












































Friday was another good day. Karen came in and fed the crew. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and that she got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise down to and around Depot Park, since he's getting older all he really wants to do is more sniffing around and less moving around. We do about 3 miles a day still, he is looking so good! We cruised back home and after I rested for a bit I took Dude and we headed off through downtown to my appointment with Mariposa, after that I had another appointment with Jessica to get my hair done. It was supposed to be really hot, 75° but when I got out of my appointment with Jessica the weather was really nice so I decided to head down to Palo Alto medical clinic and get some labs done since I'm in the neighborhood. Theresa said that she would call me when she was going to come in, I was just can I have her pick me up at the clinic. I got home around five and just as I pulled in the driveway I got a text from Theresa asking me if I was okay? It was almost 5 PM by then. She fed the boys and the girl and then put me to bed and then fed me. I edited the last of the Halloween pictures and then drifted off to sleep.

Saturday was a nice relaxing day, I decided to stay in bed again but the good news is my pressure sore is getting better. She put me on my side for a while and then set me back up, I used to be able to stay on my side longer I just can't anymore. Omar and Cindy put away the Halloween decorations outside, it looks really sad and lonely out there now. I watched TV and slept until Theresa came in and after she fed the crew we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. My aunt and uncle made some spaghetti, spaghetti squash, and garlic bread and they were going to come over here and eat but their plans change and everybody was coming later so she just brought me over a plate, I love their cooking. They cook the pasta separately so I could have spaghetti squash with mine. My cousin, Sue, and the girls stayed across the street and Fred and Joanne stayed here for the night.

Sunday was another relaxing day in bed. Cindy came in and put me on my side for a while and fit the crew. She said she forgot to change the clock back an hour because she had a really bad migraine headache, her head was still hurting and she wanted to go home and rest. Andree and her sons were going to come for a visit so I frantically tried to get a hold of her to let her know I was stuck in bed I will have to get together another time. I hate flaking out on people! The rest of the day I slept on and off, watch TV or listen to the radio until Theresa came in to feed everybody and finish up the laundry. I watched a movie called the secret life of pets, it was so awesome!

1 comment:

betty said...

Those pumpkins did come out really good, Tammie! So much festivity for Halloween. Enjoyed all the pictures! Soon it will be time to start decorating for Christmas!

betty